• Playwire Ad Area

Maximum wrestling credentials to obtain disrespect on forums?

PortaJohn

I was admittedly an awesome high school wrestler - a starter yes, but not by necessity.  But there have been D-1 champs, All-Americans, even world medalists who have posted on wrestling forums such as this.

My question to you...is what maximum wrestling credentials does one have to achieve to obtain disrespect?  High school state placer? College starter? D-1 All-American?

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

• 4 months later...

I find it funny when people use how good they were at wrestling to defend idiotic opinions about things...like you can be an Olympic champion and still have no idea what you are talking about.  Just like PhD's, MD's, or other types of "experts" may be wrong and have terrible backed opinions.

Now if this was a forum only talking about technique, training, diet, etc....sure, the Olympic champ may hold a lot of street cred...unless you are Dake...people just love to hate on him no matter what.

• Fire 1

20 minutes ago, Bigbrog said:

I find it funny when people use how good they were at wrestling to defend idiotic opinions about things...like you can be an Olympic champion and still have no idea what you are talking about.  Just like PhD's, MD's, or other types of "experts" may be wrong and have terrible backed opinions.

Now if this was a forum only talking about technique, training, diet, etc....sure, the Olympic champ may hold a lot of street cred...unless you are Dake...people just love to hate on him no matter what.

5 minutes ago, RandolphTJones said:

Weird topic for someone who always seems to ridicule JC.

WHEN YOU HAVE TO EXPLAIN HUMOR

Edited by PortaJohn

2 hours ago, Bigbrog said:

Probably because Dake is not an Olympic champion.

• Haha 1

Craig Henning got screwed in the 2007 NCAA Finals.

I think I get the theme.  Say an Olympic and 2xworld champ come on here and says some really dumb stuff.  Does he/she/they get a pass?  For most nonsense, definitely.  What about a state champ with a real wealthy father and some killer tilts?  Definitely not.  We've been there and done that!

Edited by Plasmodium
Grammar

11 minutes ago, Scouts Honor said:

im sorry man.. i usually avoid his posts.. so i guess i had forgotten that post

i didn't realize you were trolling him when making this post.. 

great post! lol 

It's all good.  

15 hours ago, jchapman said:

Probably because Dake is not an Olympic champion.

Jesus...this board is exhausting at times...SORRY you can't understand the point of the post!  It's as bad as people that don't respond to the point of a post but rather point out spelling mistakes.  🙄

For ease...replace Olympic champion with World champion, does that make you feel better....or even change the meaning of the post??  

I personally don’t care one bit how much someone wrestled or how good they were.  I played basketball but would have done both if I could.  Most of my close friends wrestled and I love wrestling and know a lot about.  I don’t think that makes my opinion an inferior one. 

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, Royalfan said:

I personally don’t care one bit how much someone wrestled or how good they were.  I played basketball but would have done both if I could.  Most of my close friends wrestled and I love wrestling and know a lot about.  I don’t think that makes my opinion an inferior one. 

Sorry...once you said you played basketball, everything you say is inferior.  

LOL...JK....just doing some good ribbing on a Friday.  I actually agree with what you said.

• Haha 3

Hmmm... doing some troll ju-jitsu here, eh?

PJ, I admire your style.

D3                                                                                                                                           

• Haha 1