• Playwire Ad Area

Mesenbrink transfer

creek chub

6 hours ago, Gus said:

I get that you think that he should cut down and wrestle 174 but with him never cutting any weight for any international teams or anything I am pretty skeptical that he will decide to suck 20-25 pounds in college. Askren has stated that Aiden is a 197 in college.... There is not a ton of examples of shorter guys succeeding at 197 but one that comes to mind is Morgan McIntosh - and Sinclair is a similar level recruit to what Morgan was. 

Never heard Askren say that, but that'd be shocking if he's actually planning on going 197, but that'd be a strange plan for a guy with his build. And McIntosh was just quite a bit bigger than Sinclair.

I guess he could decide to just never cut weight, but he's got the frame of a '74(honestly, at this point, he'd be a pretty normal size '65 pounder). But obviously he'll continue to add weight. 

We'll see where he is in 2 years(or maybe just one year) but 197? Maybe try that for a RS season and then see how it goes. I'd be willing to bet he won't be able to hold 197 a couple weeks into College practices without trying to cut weight...but we'll see how it goes. 

20 minutes ago, Indiana-Hawk-Wrestling-Fan said:

Not suprised he’s at Penn State. Some serious studs will be sitting on the bench, either Sealy, Haines, Mesenbrink, or Facundo. 

Crazy 😂😭 

Sealy should be planning a Grey Shirt and then a RS, but...Jesus...Van Ness BETTER make sure he keeps his weight down! And Kasak for that matter...

This forum is slipping, I was looking forward to hearing why this will actually be bad for PSU. 
My guess is that Facundo stakes an ORS and Mesenbrink steps in at 165. 

Yes, then the year after Haines takes a shirt and Mesenbrink goes down to 157. They’ll figure it all out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Fire 1

7 minutes ago, scourge165 said:

Sealy should be planning a Grey Shirt and then a RS, but...Jesus...Van Ness BETTER make sure he keeps his weight down! And Kasak for that matter...

The log jam that Penn State has extends down to 141. There is no room for any of them to go up in weight. Only down.

BB is a Junior World bronze at 65kg, NCAA 3rd place finisher at 141. Two years of eligibility left. 

SVN is an NCAA 3rd place finisher at 149. Three years of eligibility left. 

Kasak is a U17 silver medalist at 65kg. Made 139 recently for Dapper Dan/PWC.

At 157-165-174, Penn State has:

1) Carter Starocci, 3x 174lb NCAA champ with two years of eligibility (unlikely to take both).

2) Alex Facundo, 165lbs, 0-2 at NCAAs last year but likely a top 10 guy when healthy. Might be forced into an OLY RS fi Three years of eligibility remaining.

3) Haines, 2nd place at 157 as a true frosh, likely to remain at 157. Three years of eligibility remaining.

4) Mesenbrink, U20 silver medalist at 70kg. Beat Haines after Haines won the challenge tournament. Four years of eligibility. 

5) Josh Barr, will be a freshman this year. Will RS unless Starocci goes OLY RS. 174 at the lightest, 184 in time. Four years of eligibility.

5) Joe Sealey, 71kg U17 World Champ. HS Senior this upcoming year. Wouldn't be surprised to see him at NLWC for his senior year or go GS/RS to let the lineup clear out a bit.

4 minutes ago, Le duke said:

1) Carter Starocci, 3x 174lb NCAA champ with two years of eligibility (unlikely to take both).

5) Josh Barr, will be a freshman this year. Will RS unless Starocci goes OLY RS. 174 at the lightest, 184 in time. Four years of eligibility.

Star ORS, Barr regular RS and Griffith covers 174 when he transfers in 😉 

I think Iowa fans will turn Blue Dragons toxic, save for our Great Vak, on the social medias after Penn State lands two of Nagao, Cannon, and DeAuggie and Iowa lands precisely none of them.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

5 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

What do you think - paying under the table or something more sinister

Nothing sinister at all. Just ihave no doubt these kids are getting paid.  And they should!  There's a growing wave of painting these decisions as purely altruistic and in the nature of the pursuit of greatness, and I have no doubt that Penn State's greatness is helping to draw kids to transfer....but they are also getting paid thru NIL, etc.

Edited by VakAttack

1 minute ago, VakAttack said:

Nothing sinister at all. Just ihave no doubt these kids are getting paid.  And they should!  There's a growing wave of painting these decisions as purely altruistic and in the nature of the pursuit of greatness, and I have no doubt that Penn State's greatness is helping to draw kids to transfer....but they are also getting paid thru NIL, etc.

Stop bringing common sense to these here parts.  News Flash! This is a sports forum.  

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

28 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

What do you think - paying under the table or something more sinister

As has been pointed out many times before, Tom was paying & cheating before Cael but when Cael got to PSU he had the resources to do it bigger and better (or worse, depends how you look at it) than Tom.  Tom has been trying to catch up, NIL $s show maybe surpassed in some areas but its not enough to make a difference which frustrates the Hawkeye fans.   I mean if you are going to cheat it ought to work correct?  🤔

10 hours ago, Gus said:

I get that you think that he should cut down and wrestle 174 but with him never cutting any weight for any international teams or anything I am pretty skeptical that he will decide to suck 20-25 pounds in college. Askren has stated that Aiden is a 197 in college.... There is not a ton of examples of shorter guys succeeding at 197 but one that comes to mind is Morgan McIntosh - and Sinclair is a similar level recruit to what Morgan was. 

Max dean was a pretty short ncaa champ at 197