• Playwire Ad Area

Looks like we have a new winner for dirtiest wrestler

1 hour ago, dragit said:

The problem here is the ref and the coach -- not so much the kid, who is an established bad apple and by the eye test probably irredeemable.  That the referee and his coach would see that happening in front of their eyes and not firmly put a stop to it before his opponent was injured is indefensible and, in my opinion, both of them should be reviewed by their superiors to decide if it's appropriate for them to continue in positions of authority.  

It's pitiful as far as the referee goes because he's on the mat with them, a foot away from the completely inappropriate illegal moves, and it's the first duty of his job to ensure the wrestlers' safety.

It's pitiful as far as the coach goes because this is not an isolated incident and there's no way he can claim he didn't know that this kid is a problem.

Why in the hell did Hahn have to be the one to put a stop to it?  Well anyway, true to his good character, he stepped in, and, true to his good character, he didn't beat the crap out of the kid and the other coach as I'm sure he wanted to.   

Putting silly forum squabbles aside, let's get back to the subject at hand...

This situation is a problem. The coaches and refs need to be held accountable, as well as the wrestler.

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, LJB said:

wow...

how self righteous did you feel typing this?

Not much.  I had typed in some language that was probably self-righteous (and mean) but I edited it out before I posted.  What I said was just what I saw and what any neutral observer saw.  Have we gotten to the point where we can't just speak plainly about what's plainly in front of our eyes?  This wasn't an isolated mistake by an emotional, exhausted wrestler at the end of a grueling match.  This was premeditated indefensible escalating conduct from the whistle.  From someone with a documented history.  

• Fire 3

Just now, dragit said:

Not much.  I had typed in some language that was probably self-righteous (and mean) but I edited it out before I posted.  What I said was just what I saw and what any neutral observer saw.  Have we gotten to the point where we can't just speak plainly about what's plainly in front of our eyes?  This wasn't an isolated mistake by an emotional, exhausted wrestler at the end of a grueling match.  This was premeditated indefensible escalating conduct from the whistle.  From someone with a documented history.  

you edited your post and thought that calling some kid "irredeemable" was perfectly acceptable/noble/righteous/not totally ridiculous?

i won't even contemplate your initial post...

4 minutes ago, LJB said:

you edited your post and thought that calling some kid "irredeemable" was perfectly acceptable/noble/righteous/not totally ridiculous?

Oh please the other day you were calling folkstyle the shit style and berating Spencer for choosing it calling him a future has been. You're a punk. 

• Fire 2

3 minutes ago, forkemaz said:

Oh please the other day you were calling folkstyle the shit style and berating Spencer for choosing it calling him a future has been. You're a punk. 

i am not sure you understand what berate actually means...

8 minutes ago, LJB said:

I have no idea about outside the mat, but as far as wrestling goes, you think this is going to work out?  You're comfortable with him on the mat with kids who have put their lives into this whose safety is at risk?  He came out from the outset of the match with full intent to do what he did.  He's done this kind of thing before.  No remorse evident -- the apology that should have been immediately issued -- where did I miss that?  The suspension that should have been immediately announced -- where did I miss that?   

• Fire 1

Just now, dragit said:

I have no idea about outside the mat, but as far as wrestling goes, you think this is going to work out?  You're comfortable with him on the mat with kids who have put their lives into this whose safety is at risk?  He came out from the outset of the match with full intent to do what he did.  He's done this kind of thing before.  No remorse evident -- the apology that should have been immediately issued -- where did I miss that?  The suspension that should have been immediately announced -- where did I miss that?   

irredeemable was your silly self righteous comment on the googlewebs...

that is on you, brother...

3 minutes ago, dragit said:

Thanks for the thoughtful post. If anyone hasn't watched the video, watch it. Tanner is a very, tough wrestler, and he was looking around trying to figure out how the heck this guy was getting away with trying to maul him. It wasn't wrestling, it was a kid who clearly wasn't mentally stable. 

• Fire 1

6 minutes ago, LJB said:

irredeemable was your silly self righteous comment on the googlewebs...

that is on you, brother...

So instead of answering the question, you keep preening about the use of the word like you've won some kind of grammar contest.  But apparently you didn't notice that the question I asked was essentially a synonym for the word -- are you comfortable putting him out on the mat with rule-abiding wrestlers whose efforts in the sport could be at risk of intentional injury?  You didn't say yes, and by doing so confirmed my use of the word.  Which wasn't about him as a person, but rather about him as a wrestler -- the context of the posts in this thread on this, um, wrestling board.  

• Fire 2

2 minutes ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

Thanks for the thoughtful post. If anyone hasn't watched the video, watch it. Tanner is a very, tough wrestler, and he was looking around trying to figure out how the heck this guy was getting away with trying to maul him. It wasn't wrestling, it was a kid who clearly wasn't mentally stable. 

a kid who is clearly irredeemable...

should we sterilize or go straight for euthanize?

1 minute ago, dragit said:

So instead of answering the question, you keep preening about the use of the word like you've won some kind of grammar contest.  But apparently you didn't notice that the question I asked was essentially a synonym for the word -- are you comfortable putting him out on the mat with rule-abiding wrestlers whose efforts in the sport could be at risk of intentional injury?  You didn't say yes, and by doing so confirmed my use of the word.  Which wasn't about him as a person, but rather about him as a wrestler -- the context of the posts in this thread on this, um, wrestling board.  

irredeemable...

that was your silly self righteous word...

that was your edited choice...

crawdaddy all you want...

Just now, GreatWhiteNorth said:

I never said 'irredeemable'...

But I'm not against euthanize for you. You seem to be a rotten, hateful, SOB. The world has more than enough of those.

it might be time for you to call it a night...

i hope you feel better tomorrow...