• Playwire Ad Area

Nebraska Wiscy

aknipp

3 minutes ago, jajensen09 said:

Nebraska looked really good! Liam is proving to be a real threat to be a finalists. If Burwick wouldn't be so damn bad on bottom he could win a lot of matches. Look out for Pinto and Allred to make runs to be AA

im not holding my breath on burwick... he isn't scoring takedowns either, at least not in that match

i mean nebraska got two transfers at 133 and neither is really high level

• Fire 2

1 hour ago, Scouts Honor said:

im not holding my breath on burwick... he isn't scoring takedowns either, at least not in that match

i mean nebraska got two transfers at 133 and neither is really high level

He wrestles much better on his feet though. He just needs to get out on bottom. But he gets rode like a mule and gasses out 

On 1/30/2023 at 11:02 AM, Scouts Honor said:

oh man

i saw the dual thread and then two pages...and i was excited that someone was actually talking about nebraska wrestling...

lol

So sorry Scout.

Feels different disappointing someone who isn’t my parent.

• Fire 1

On 1/30/2023 at 11:14 PM, jajensen09 said:

Nice throws on against a big time greco wrestler

Pinto has very strong hips and good anticipation in those positions. When he fine tunes the more orthodox wrestling positions he is going to be a hammer.

• Fire 2

17 minutes ago, Gus said:

Pinto has very strong hips and good anticipation in those positions. When he fine tunes the more orthodox wrestling positions he is going to be a hammer.

I'm looking forward to seeing Pinto wrestle Romero in a couple weeks.  It'll be a good litmus test for Pinto for sure.

2 hours ago, Xmas32 said:

I'm looking forward to seeing Pinto wrestle Romero in a couple weeks.  It'll be a good litmus test for Pinto for sure.

Yeah...that dude is impressive. Nebraska as a whole is impressive. I thought maybe Model would pull off another of his big upsets, but...twas not to be. 

• Fire 1

On 1/30/2023 at 10:02 AM, Scouts Honor said:

whats up with amos?

allred eats his lunch

Amos hurt his knee in this match. Allred is a stud.

I don't know how much it impacted the outcome...but not sure there's that big of a gap. Also...not sure why Amos doesn't shoot anymore(Aside from what sounds like a minor knee injury). 

22 minutes ago, scourge165 said:

Amos hurt his knee in this match. Allred is a stud.

I don't know how much it impacted the outcome...but not sure there's that big of a gap. Also...not sure why Amos doesn't shoot anymore(Aside from what sounds like a minor knee injury). 

I don't think it affected the outcome,  being there live. Could really see Allred and pinto beat iowa guys come match

13 minutes ago, jajensen09 said:

I don't think it affected the outcome,  being there live. Could really see Allred and pinto beat iowa guys come match

Shocking!

I don't know and I don't think anyone can other than Amos...but he was...kinda taking it to Allred until he tweaked it. 1st period he was in on a few shots(actually attacking), finally got the TD after a couple of nice attacks. Had a cradle locked up and Allred IMO should have been hit with a fleeing.

2nd, Amos was riding pretty hard. Amos gave up a reversal. Somewhere in this sequence is when he hurt the knee(tweaked it, whatever). But he was the aggressor and on the attack UNTIL that sequence.

Then in the 3rd he was obviously struggling. He took an awful shot with absolutely nothing behind it and Allred went behind for an easy TD. He did nothing on bottom in the 3rd.

So he goes from 2-1 on his way to riding time(~45 seconds) to a reversal, a sloppy shot, then in the 3rd a JV type shot attempt and ends up giving up a stalling point.

I'm skeptical that Allred is 7-2 better than Amos, again, especially given the first ~4 minutes...but it wasn't my knee and I couldn't even see what happened...not that it takes much.

And yes, I would not be surprised to see Assad and Warner lose to Pinto, Santa Maria and Allred come March. They're both studs and look solid.

1 hour ago, scourge165 said:

Shocking!

I don't know and I don't think anyone can other than Amos...but he was...kinda taking it to Allred until he tweaked it. 1st period he was in on a few shots(actually attacking), finally got the TD after a couple of nice attacks. Had a cradle locked up and Allred IMO should have been hit with a fleeing.

2nd, Amos was riding pretty hard. Amos gave up a reversal. Somewhere in this sequence is when he hurt the knee(tweaked it, whatever). But he was the aggressor and on the attack UNTIL that sequence.

Then in the 3rd he was obviously struggling. He took an awful shot with absolutely nothing behind it and Allred went behind for an easy TD. He did nothing on bottom in the 3rd.

So he goes from 2-1 on his way to riding time(~45 seconds) to a reversal, a sloppy shot, then in the 3rd a JV type shot attempt and ends up giving up a stalling point.

I'm skeptical that Allred is 7-2 better than Amos, again, especially given the first ~4 minutes...but it wasn't my knee and I couldn't even see what happened...not that it takes much.

And yes, I would not be surprised to see Assad and Warner lose to Pinto, Santa Maria and Allred come March. They're both studs and look solid.

I would not be surprised to see Assad lose but March Jacob Warner is tough to beat. I would be very surprised to see Allred beat Warner come tournament time. 

13 hours ago, Gus said:

I would not be surprised to see Assad lose but March Jacob Warner is tough to beat. I would be very surprised to see Allred beat Warner come tournament time. 

Allreds path to beat him is on his feet. Let warner get is 1 escape.  Allred took warner down last match