• Playwire Ad Area

Underrating Jacob Cardenas?

RedPanda

What domestic results proves he shoupd even be Top 10 on our ladder?  You can be butthurt if you want.  I am asking for domestic results to prove that he is Top 10 for Seniors.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

20 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

What domestic results proves he shoupd even be Top 10 on our ladder?  You can be butthurt if you want.  I am asking for domestic results to prove that he is Top 10 for Seniors.

I am not butthurt, thanks. But I was questioning how a #19 seed from last year does not move up at all after winning a world title over the summer-- not to mention that I assume some of the guys seeded above him graduated.

18 minutes ago, RedPanda said:

I am not butthurt, thanks. But I was questioning how a #19 seed from last year does not move up at all after winning a world title over the summer-- not to mention that I assume some of the guys seeded above him graduated.

Has he beaten someone on collegiate Folkstyle competition since the conclusion of NCAAs or did he consistently beat a bunch of the guys ranked above him during last years collegiate Folkstyle season?

If the answer involves Freestyle victories over people lower ranked in Folkstyle or Freestype wins at all then there is your problem in understanding.

Rankings are off actual results of the style specified for those rankings.  Projections are predictions, not rankings. 

I would project, or predict, he is a R12-R16 kind of guy.  That means I would not be surprised to see him in a lower podium spot, like his teammate Loew did at 184 last year.

Cardenes earned himself a world ranking at 92 KG.  I still would nit project him to make the team if I think guys like Hidlay, Brooks, Macchiavello, Moore, Dean or Jackson are also going to go 92 KG for WTT this year.

That doesn't mean any of them should be ranked ahead of him, though

They didn't earn it.

Edited by nhs67

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

• 3 weeks later...