• Playwire Ad Area

PSU 141 - 165

Pa in Taiwan

The PSU wrestlers at these weights, Bartlett, SVN, Haines, and Facundo, performed well under pressure this evening. If Cael can follow his usual process and get them to peak in March, this year is going to be a washout, with PSU far ahead of any challengers. Let's see how these guys do against Iowa this weekend. They are showing PSU mettle, gutting out tough wins against ranked opponents. 

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Imagine if PSU had a 125 pounder who could qualify for NCAAs

My imagination’s running wild. I see…Penn State winning by 50.5 instead of 50! Message boards may change, but you will always be an absolute fool.

2 hours ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Imagine if PSU had a 125 pounder who could qualify for NCAAs

1 hour ago, MLB9 said:

Message boards may change, but you will always be an absolute fool.

In a just world, Jimmy Cinnaclown would not be permitted to comment on this thread, especially after his prediction regarding the four weights highlighted in the post:

141: Mattin dec Bartlett 9-3

149: Lamer dec Van Ness 12-3

157: Lewan dec Haines 15-3

165: Amine dec Facundo 18-3

Cinnaclown used diversion and distraction when replying to accurate criticism and condemnation of his inaccurate predictions and statements.

Cinnaclown cries out in pain as he strikes you.

Cinnaclown belongs in a Cinnacircus, and although from my perch in Taiwan I see the US disintegrating into a bizarre circus in so many ways, wrestling has retained its teflon coating for the most part, remaining a part of the traditional, admirable part of our culture. Cinnaclown would have it become part of the bizarre circus. Don't play circus games with the clown.  

• Fire 2

1 hour ago, Pa in Taiwan said:

In a just world, Jimmy Cinnaclown would not be permitted to comment on this thread, especially after his prediction regarding the four weights highlighted in the post:

Cinnaclown used diversion and distraction when replying to accurate criticism and condemnation of his inaccurate predictions and statements.

Cinnaclown belongs in a Cinnacircus, and although from my perch in Taiwan I see the US disintegrating into a bizarre circus in so many ways, wrestling has retained its teflon coating for the most part, remaining a part of the traditional, admirable part of our culture. Cinnaclown would have it become part of the bizarre circus. Don't play circus games with the clown.  

Perhaps there is a strange Seinfeldian reverse psychology going on here.  A kind of George Castanza "Pick the Opposite" kind of reasoning of some kind ... involving a belief that PSU guys will do well if he picks against them.  Or this way one isn't disappointed if they lose.   

Or, come to think of it, maybe it is more like George Santos thinking whereby J.C. is actually someone like Jordan Conaway or a former PSU wrestler having fun.   I will give him some credit for not striking back too much at criticism.  Maybe he just enjoys pulling other folks chains.   

7 hours ago, VakAttack said:

Lol, what has Bartlett done so far to end that Era?  Still looks like the same guy.

Similar at 149, though, to me, he passes the eye test a bit more.

He looks a little quicker in neutral and a little stronger on top. Last year he was undersized and lost a ton of close matches. There is a little something to be said about the weight clearing out and he hasn't faced the better 141's yet, but he looks better to me. I'm sure Real Woods will beat him but that won't change anything as I don't think he is a #1 guy, just that he is better at 141 than he was at 149. 

• Fire 1

2 hours ago, Pinnacle said:

He looks a little quicker in neutral and a little stronger on top. Last year he was undersized and lost a ton of close matches. There is a little something to be said about the weight clearing out and he hasn't faced the better 141's yet, but he looks better to me. I'm sure Real Woods will beat him but that won't change anything as I don't think he is a #1 guy, just that he is better at 141 than he was at 149. 

I see it more as a product of less top end talent and Bartlett hasn't faced those guys yet, but we'll see.  If he keeps it legit close (and not just points are close but h doesn't do anything dangerous) or beats Woods, that will shut me up.

12 hours ago, Pa in Taiwan said:

Jimmy is being provactive, like a good pastry should!   You should show Jimmy C some love for keeping us on our toes!

• Fire 1