• Playwire Ad Area

Glory debuts at 133

Mr. PeanutButter

1 hour ago, MizzouFan01 said:

Wrestled 133 again tonight beating Koehler of Rider. Will his lack of matches/resume affect his seeding at NCAAS? Obviously Lee will get the one, but does Glory really deserve a top 2-4 seed with such limited matches.

Did he weigh in light?

As to your question, even if he splits time between 125 and 133 until conferences, he's likely to go undefeated so who would you seed ahead of him? 

27 minutes ago, Mr. PeanutButter said:

Did he weigh in light?

As to your question, even if he splits time between 125 and 133 until conferences, he's likely to go undefeated so who would you seed ahead of him? 

The matches at 133 don't count towards RPI or record.  As of now he has 4 matches against D1 opponents at 125, and none of them ranked.  I think that's going to haunt him in seeding.  It might not matter, but if he get's a bad early draw, and is hurting with the weight cut...

30 minutes ago, Mr. PeanutButter said:

Did he weigh in light?

I wouldn’t, it would be him and Lee 1/2. His resume just wouldn’t scream #2 seed. Idk his schedule, but I don’t think he’s faced anyone top 15.

1 hour ago, Mr. PeanutButter said:

Did he weigh in light?

If he stays at 133 in February, he has Arujau one weekend, and Colaiocco and McGonagle the next weekend.  The most he could weigh in against the 
latter two would be 131 and still make 125 at EIWAs.

• Fire 2

47 minutes ago, Red Blades said:

The matches at 133 don't count towards RPI or record.  As of now he has 4 matches against D1 opponents at 125, and none of them ranked.  I think that's going to haunt him in seeding.  It might not matter, but if he get's a bad early draw, and is hurting with the weight cut...

He does have a win over Courtney (as well as Kaylor and Dean Peterson x2, but I don't think these are top 15 guys). I hear your overall point though. He probably doesn't deserve a #2 seed if he misses a bunch of matches at 125, but, assuming that's his weight for conferences, he is very likely going to be the only other undefeated 125er so I'm not sure who could be seeded above him. 

54 minutes ago, Mr. PeanutButter said:

He does have a win over Courtney (as well as Kaylor and Dean Peterson x2, but I don't think these are top 15 guys). I hear your overall point though. He probably doesn't deserve a #2 seed if he misses a bunch of matches at 125, but, assuming that's his weight for conferences, he is very likely going to be the only other undefeated 125er so I'm not sure who could be seeded above him. 

There isn’t anyone. That’s the knock on the weight. After Lee, there is no one else even close including Glory. Probably the weakest and most shallow weight 

10 hours ago, Mr. PeanutButter said:

You are right, I somehow missed counting a couple of 125 matches - so he's in better shape than I thought, with just under 8 matches at weight, and a couple of high ranking wins.  He may not get the RPI, but he'll clearly have enough for a coaches' ranking after the EIWA tournament, if not sooner.  I don't see anyone else getting a Head-to-head win over him, and winning % should be tops.  That should be enough to put him at the top.

1 hour ago, Red Blades said:

You are right, I somehow missed counting a couple of 125 matches - so he's in better shape than I thought, with just under 8 matches at weight, and a couple of high ranking wins.  He may not get the RPI, but he'll clearly have enough for a coaches' ranking after the EIWA tournament, if not sooner.  I don't see anyone else getting a Head-to-head win over him, and winning % should be tops.  That should be enough to put him at the top.

If he wins EIWA tourney at 125 and is undefeated, I like his chances of at least a #3 seed which is moral equivalent of a #2 seed (which he probably gets). EIWA is not the B1G but pretty tough.  As I have posted before, it is a slice of unfortunate foolishness to adopt seeding criteria that disregards the highly relevant results of a wrestler competing at an adjacent weight class.  It is the kind of knucklehead thinking that has tended to plague NCAA seeding.  For example, if Glory bumped up and beat Vito, that win should be disregarded entirely in seeding?   Of course not.  The people who made this rule should smack themselves thrice and quit tournament administration for good.  

11 hours ago, BigRedFan said:

If he stays at 133 in February, he has Arujau one weekend, and Colaiocco and McGonagle the next weekend.  The most he could weigh in against the 
latter two would be 131 and still make 125 at EIWAs.

I'd love to be wrong, but there is no way he wrestles the tougher matches at 133, especially Arujua. He would be at a disadvantage because he has to keep his weight down, and he needs a 2/3 seed. He will either weigh in at 125 to get more matches there or duck altogether. They only care about one match at this point, and that is the finals against Lee, where he will outweigh him by ~10 lbs.

25 minutes ago, Crotalus said:

I'd love to be wrong, but there is no way he wrestles the tougher matches at 133, especially Arujua. He would be at a disadvantage because he has to keep his weight down, and he needs a 2/3 seed. He will either weigh in at 125 to get more matches there or duck altogether. They only care about one match at this point, and that is the finals against Lee, where he will outweigh him by ~10 lbs.

Probably right - but sometimes the passion for a big match may lead to suprising decisions.  Glory may want the sht at Vito and I bet Vito would welcome the challenge.   Probably just my wish taht will not happen! 

3 hours ago, Elevator said:

For example, if Glory bumped up and beat Vito, that win should be disregarded entirely in seeding?   Of course not.  The people who made this rule should smack themselves thrice and quit tournament administration for good.

Except I think these results do count unofficially, by way of the Coaches Rankings. 

• 3 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, BigRedFan said:

Glory gassed big time against Ryan Miller (Penn).  Called three times for stalling in the third period.  I think the final score was 8-6?

When wrestling Glory, never have your coach throw a brick... never take an injury time.... and pre-pack your nose for blood so he never gets a timeout. 

• Fire 2

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

42 minutes ago, BigRedFan said:

Glory gassed big time against Ryan Miller (Penn).  Called three times for stalling in the third period.  I think the final score was 8-6?

So what we're getting at is if Spencer and Glory meet in the finals we'll have a gas off

I Don't Agree With What I Posted