• Playwire Ad Area

Most shocking PIN of a great wrestler?

Jimmy Cinnabon

7 hours ago, MPhillips said:

He was. We wrestled on an Ohio team back in the early eighties. Couple years younger than me, but he was a badass in the 6th grade too.💪

Yes.   Lakewood St. Edwards 13550 Detroit Avenue  Lakewood, OH.  Home of the "Eagles Nest".

21 hours ago, MPhillips said:

Al was a badass wrestler.

Nickal pinning Myles still hurts. Much like Conel pinning Kollin Moore.

Alan pinned Brands ....Midlands  Barsagar to a half (crusher)....beautiful.  Actually, now that I think of it, Joey Gilbert had Brands pinned in the Big Ten finals, but the ref wouldn't call.....how do know, I was standing right there and the video is in my library.

5 minutes ago, Fadzaev2 said:

Yes.   Lakewood St. Edwards 13550 Detroit Avenue  Lakewood, OH.  Home of the "Eagles Nest".

1 minute ago, MPhillips said:

Never wrestled there. 

visited there a number of times....upstairs there used to be a Fargo bracket where Alan won Fargo (one of 4 times in FS) and he had both Brands and McIlravy in his pool)

• Fire 1

7 hours ago, jackwebster said:

I met him a few times at Mike Deanna's summer camps and then went on a recruiting trip to Duquesne. I often wish I had taken a chance on that school .

I'm good friends with the asst. at that time, who took his place when he passed....John Hartupee.  Where did you end up????

Edited by Fadzaev2

43 minutes ago, Fadzaev2 said:

Actually, now that I think of it, Joey Gilbert had Brands pinned in the Big Ten finals, but the ref wouldn't call.....how do know, I was standing right there and the video is in my library.

And the video is on page 2

• Fire 1

15 hours ago, Fadzaev2 said:

I'm good friends with the asst. at that time, who took his place when he passed....John Hartupee.  Where did you end up????

John Hartupee, who pinned Barry Davis at the NCAA tournament? (speaking of pins of a great wrestler, but maybe freshman year Barry doesn't count as great, he was the #3 seed though)

Edited by 11986
  • Fire 1

21 minutes ago, 11986 said:

John Hartupee, who pinned Barry Davis at the NCAA tournament? (speaking of pins of a great wrestler, but maybe freshman year Barry doesn't count as great, he was the #3 seed though)

That is correct.....John was great himself.....3 time state champion in high school with several wins and at least one pin over Andre Metzger.....Andre went to Japan John's senior year in high school!  John was unfortunate enough to have Gene Mills in the NCAA finals his senior year wrestling for CMU.  John was one tough hombre though!!!!

Edited by Fadzaev2
  • Fire 1

On 1/21/2023 at 6:16 AM, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Lambrecht! (Not trying to be a jerk; was having trouble remembering the guys name too)

Doh!!!

I was even looking at the name and mispelled it.   I could blame it on my keyboard.  I think I will.   Not user error, was equipment error.   That's my story and I sticking to it!!!

mspart

• Fire 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, mspart said:

Doh!!!

I was even looking at the name and mispelled it.   I could blame it on my keyboard.  I think I will.   Not user error, was equipment error.   That's my story and I sticking to it!!!

mspart

mpsart, doughn't blame the ceyboard, blame boB four knot give'n ewe 16 minuts.  

• Fire 1