• Playwire Ad Area

Nebraska vs Iowa

jajensen09

16 minutes ago, Royalfan said:

I have watched every match available other than the ones on Rokfin for the surcharge.  Perhaps you haven't watched Iowa?

Lol I've watched iowa wrestled absolutely nobody and whenever they wrestle anyone they don't look good. Outside of Lee and cass

1 hour ago, jajensen09 said:

Lol I've watched iowa wrestled absolutely nobody and whenever they wrestle anyone they don't look good. Outside of Lee and cass

Side bets available on the dual if you want Nebraska.  The size of it would have to be enormous for me to root for Iowa ever.  

I'm thinking both 184 and 197 can go NU. Assad hasn't been as dominant as expected. Warner keeps things very close and can be beaten as well. I could envision all but HWY being close. Though I could easily get into bonus at 125 and 149. This'll be a good test to see if Cronin has truly closed the gap. 

1 minute ago, aknipp said:

I'm thinking both 184 and 197 can go NU. Assad hasn't been as dominant as expected. Warner keeps things very close and can be beaten as well. I could envision all but HWY being close. Though I could easily get into bonus at 125 and 149. This'll be a good test to see if Cronin has truly closed the gap. 

The line at 125 would probably be Spencer -14.5. Tech or pin covers the spread

3 minutes ago, Gus said:

The line at 125 would probably be Spencer -14.5. Tech or pin covers the spread

I figured I was being very bullish for Cronin to resist being pinned.  Lee is on that kind of mean streak.  Should pin or tech everyone else for the rest of the season including Glory (who ducked Ybarra)

• Fire 2

3 hours ago, jajensen09 said:

133 burwick should win. 165 Bubba Wilson great shot, 197 Allred has great shot

Bubba Wilson is 9-8.  If he doesn't give up bonus, that's a win for Nebraska.  Burwick, while I'm very glad he's getting to wrestle, is an underdog against either Iowa guy, a decided one against Teske, also.  Warner can be had and is in a bit of a slump, so theoretically this one is possible.  It's more likely that Iowa wins 7 matches than Nebraska wins the dual.  Iowa has a pretty navigable path to winning 8, BTW.  They're going to be favored in every match except 157 and 174.

EDIT:  I will revise my last statement, 184 is more of a true toss up than Iowa being favored.

Edited by VakAttack

10 hours ago, aknipp said:

Yes I agree with 125 and heavyweight. I don't see murin getting bonus. Mortan wrestles just like murrin does

9 hours ago, VakAttack said:

Bubba Wilson is 9-8.  If he doesn't give up bonus, that's a win for Nebraska.  Burwick, while I'm very glad he's getting to wrestle, is an underdog against either Iowa guy, a decided one against Teske, also.  Warner can be had and is in a bit of a slump, so theoretically this one is possible.  It's more likely that Iowa wins 7 matches than Nebraska wins the dual.  Iowa has a pretty navigable path to winning 8, BTW.  They're going to be favored in every match except 157 and 174.

EDIT:  I will revise my last statement, 184 is more of a true toss up than Iowa being favored.

This week will tell alot for burwick.  He got all of the drama out of the week with a true full week of Practice. Bubba is hard to score on hard to see him giving up any bonus. Should be close match

3 hours ago, jajensen09 said:

This week will tell alot for burwick.  He got all of the drama out of the week with a true full week of Practice. Bubba is hard to score on hard to see him giving up any bonus. Should be close match

Wilson gave up 7 points to Maxx Mayfield, 6 points to Andrew Sparks, only 4 points to RJ Mosley, pinned a Gardner-Webb kid, and got pinned in 30 seconds by Tanner Cook.  Kennedy, outside of his last match and the match against David Carr, is much more offensive than any of those guys (depending on how you want to define Tanner Cook, who is a wild man, but also pinned Wilson).

Burwick we'll see on, I don't think the one week is going to make a huge difference.  He's still developing.

• Fire 1

Personally I am surprised at all the buzz that Burwick’s transfer has received. He’s had one full season above .500 and that was his redshirt year where most of his wins came against D2, D3 or NAIA wrestlers. His most impressive win this year has got to be Jore Volk, who is a true freshman 125 that wrestled up. Before that, you could argue his highest ranked win in his college career was against his now-teammate Boo Dryden.

Unless I am missing something huge, which is possible because I haven’t followed him closely just looking at wrestlestat, I don’t see him as a difference maker?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Fire 2

1 hour ago, poorwrestler said:

Personally I am surprised at all the buzz that Burwick’s transfer has received. He’s had one full season above .500 and that was his redshirt year where most of his wins came against D2, D3 or NAIA wrestlers. His most impressive win this year has got to be Jore Volk, who is a true freshman 125 that wrestled up. Before that, you could argue his highest ranked win in his college career was against his now-teammate Boo Dryden.

Unless I am missing something huge, which is possible because I haven’t followed him closely just looking at wrestlestat, I don’t see him as a difference maker?

Oh boy...jajensen09 is probably sitting at his key board, staring at your post, and can't even type a response because he is shaking so bad from anger...watch out....

• Fire 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, poorwrestler said:

He is a big upgrade from boo. Boo has been terrible this year. Burwick also smoked Burwick in wrestle offs. It went from a huge hole in the lineup to a guy that can score at NCAAs

Oh boy...jajensen09 is probably sitting at his key board, staring at your post, and can't even type a response because he is shaking so bad from anger...watch out....

Lol I’m sorry it’s not meant to upset anyone I’m just confused about the hype. Did he win some big offseason tournament I’m not aware of? Idk

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, VakAttack said:

Wilson gave up 7 points to Maxx Mayfield, 6 points to Andrew Sparks, only 4 points to RJ Mosley, pinned a Gardner-Webb kid, and got pinned in 30 seconds by Tanner Cook.  Kennedy, outside of his last match and the match against David Carr, is much more offensive than any of those guys (depending on how you want to define Tanner Cook, who is a wild man, but also pinned Wilson).

Burwick we'll see on, I don't think the one week is going to make a huge difference.  He's still developing.

You do know Bubba wrestled Mayfield about the same..

Edited by jajensen09

25 minutes ago, Gus said:

He is also 4-8 on the year being pinned by Kolby DePron from Bucknell and beat 9-0 by Alek Martin from SDSU. 

Correct. However he has been wrestling alot better the 2nd half of the year. Manning has this kid improving alot. He had a big win against Minnesota as well