• Playwire Ad Area

Nebraska vs Iowa

jajensen09

3 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Dude, if you make fun of guys for making charts, they're not going to make any more charts!

Love you,  @Wrestleknownothing!😘😘😘

I love the charts! I want a chart that shows how many people complain about people commenting on others predictions vs people who comment on whether or not NCAA Division 1 wrestlers meet their standards of toughness or whatever metric they invent now.

Edited by wrestlingphish

On 1/18/2023 at 2:45 PM, Gus said:

125 - Lee by Fall 6-0

133 - Teske by Dec 9-0

141 - Woods by Dec 12-0

149 - Murin by Dec 15-0

157 - Robb by Dec 15-3

165 - Kennedy by Dec 18-3

174 - Labriola by Dec 18-6

184 - Assad by Dec 21-6

197 - Warner by Dec 24-6

HWT - Cass by Fall 30-6 

Missed the PK major and Murin pin

6 minutes ago, wrestlingphish said:

Also, Mark Manning looks like he has aged 15 years in the last 3. Is Snyder ready to take over? What’s their infrastructure like with all their big graduate level athletes leaving?

I thought the exact same thing tonight as far as manning

• Fire 1

58 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

I don't get this board sometimes. Everyone wants people to make predictions. Then they like to shit on the person because of the prediction/fandom if it turns out wrong. Which causes fewer predictions. Non-virtuous circle.

Well, when you post things you don't really think are going to happen then there are issues.  He was looking for side bet action in the side forum on the Husker S. Dak St. dual.  But when challenged to put his money where his mouth is on his bold confident takes he runs for the hills.  He did not believe what he typed at all.  Is that what you want?  Every homer predicting a win by his guy in all matches that have a pulse?  Personally I come here to get insight from others on the programs they follow and get honest takes.  I try to be that guy with the Huskers.  But if you prefer I go all out homer, I could give it a shot perhaps. 

• Fire 1

34 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

@jajensen09 with an all-time homer performance. unbelievable distance from reality to confidence ratio. tip of my hat to a master of the art. this is what forum posting is all about gentlemen. cheers to you my man.

The issue is that he didn't show up to take his lumps.  He disappeared very very early.

Summary from Husker perspective.  125 I thought Cronin would at least not be so scared to compete.  The result was what I ultimately though was 50 Plus percent likely.  Tfall major making up the rest of the result.  Was hopeful he would show more dog mentality starting the dual.   133 Burwick He comes out swinging and then runs out of gas.  I hope that his struggles on bottom are gas tank related and can be rectified.  He is around the 17 or 18th best guy at the weight.  I hope he can find a way in to the party as he would have had he been cleared earlier.  141.  Woods is better than  thought.  Hardy also better than I thought.  He has that look in his eye that losing doesn't sit well with him.  Future is bright for the Huskers at this weight.  149.  Glad they didn't burn Ridge redshirt.  Morton will need to battle and get some medical default breaks at the Big 10 to make it.  I like him and would like to see him get that shot.  He just isn't very talented and appears to be undersized on top of it all.    157.  Robb did what Robb does.  He doesn't really put himself in a position to get in trouble very often.  Iowa guy has some upside IMO.  I fear Robb will lose one he shouldn't if he isn't just a touch more aggressive.  And by a touch i mean a very tiny touch.  165. Wilson doesn't seem like himself. This is disappointing as he was one of my favorites last year with his grinding mentality. I hope he can get it figured out as he now is in a spot where he pry needs to steal a bid.   174.  I was worried about this match.  Brands is smart and was able to control the scoring while "stalling without stalling" I really want Labs to get a 2 or 3 seed and a loss here would have helped move him to Penn St. side of bracket.  Good win.  184.  Pinto is more talented than his performance by far.  But he has to figure out how to win these close matches soon or he will have a very tough seeding situation at NCAA tourney.  He can beat almost anyone in this class and future is bright.  197.  Allred just got outsmarted by the crafty veteran.  Hope he learned some things and can get the gas tank to a place where he can just go after him non stop for 7 minutes.  I really hope he is able to go down a class nest year and Pinto as well.  It is harder to see Pinto being able to as rumored.   285.  Davison is trying.  He ultimately got pinned because he kept trying.  I will keep rooting hard for him as long as the effort remains.  

• Fire 2

8 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

I don't get this board sometimes. Everyone wants people to make predictions. Then they like to shit on the person because of the prediction/fandom if it turns out wrong. Which causes fewer predictions. Non-virtuous circle.

Generally, I agree. However, there’s a big difference between simply making predictions and flooding the forum with homerific nonsense. There were a few Penn state fans on the old forum that did this and even just having one or two fans doing this made me want to route against them. Now @jajensen09 is doing that for Nebraska 

Also, Mark Manning looks like he has aged 15 years in the last 3. Is Snyder ready to take over? What’s their infrastructure like with all their big graduate level athletes leaving?

I thought this as well. The long hair isn’t helping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk