• Playwire Ad Area

Oregon State vs Princeton

Idaho

A lot of good duals this weekend... tonight on Flo... Oregon State vs Princeton.    A few toss-ups and a few good ranked matchups....

Glory vs Kaylor - Glory is supposed to be going tonight at 125

Olguin Vs MOnday

Harvey vs Stout 

I got Oregon State in a close match tonight. 

• Fire 3

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

1 minute ago, flyingcement said:

blatant head gear pull by Glory.  Brick thrown, reviewed, but they still maintain the original call...

anyways, the headgear pull was not necessary for Glory to have achieved the takedown in the first place

if that wasn't a pull ... 🙄

• Fire 1

49 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

blatant head gear pull by Glory.  Brick thrown, reviewed, but they still maintain the original call...

anyways, the headgear pull was not necessary for Glory to have achieved the takedown in the first place

Is there something about "intent" here that we're missing? That call looked as obvious of headgear pull as any I remember seeing. 

46 minutes ago, CraigOR said:

Good effort by Matty Ice Olguin

42 minutes ago, D3 for LU said:

Monday-Olguin... that was the match of the night.

Olguin's trip at the last second was great... Monday was in on the Beaver's legs but had a difficult time converting.

(Converted when it counts, though!😏)

D3

Olguin has jumped levels this year. He had great defense and almost pulled off the upset.  That trip was pretty slick at the end of the match. 

8 minutes ago, ScarletKnight said:

Glory dominated and only 1 hour after making weight.  A finals match with spencer lee will be way more recovery time.  I could see Glory majoring him, with Lee getting frustrated and trying big moves only to get countered.

ahh ... did you see what Lee just did to the #3 with recovery time?  

• Fire 1

16 minutes ago, ScarletKnight said:

Glory dominated and only 1 hour after making weight.  A finals match with spencer lee will be way more recovery time.  I could see Glory majoring him, with Lee getting frustrated and trying big moves only to get countered.

If he refines his head gear pulling tactics and can put a few more extra breather strategies in his back pocket, he might just limit it to being decisioned. 

10 minutes ago, ionel said:

ahh ... did you see what Lee just did to the #3 with recovery time?  

He looked good.  Cuts less and is smaller than Glory so that probably matters less in his case. 

Glory obviously got his weight under control to wrestle in a dual and control a returning AA.  

Did you see that Glory said he's been training for years for Lee's top game?  If he gets right out on bottom it comes down to takedowns.  Plus he has ridden Lee before.  Lee's top game stopped working with Rivera and he lost to him the last 2 times they wrestled as a result.  

4 minutes ago, Idaho said:

If he refines his head gear pulling tactics and can put a few more extra breather strategies in his back pocket, he might just limit it to being decisioned. 

So if you take that away, you can give him the takedown before where the announcers though he had his toes in bounds and same score.  

5 minutes ago, ScarletKnight said:

He looked good.  Cuts less and is smaller than Glory so that probably matters less in his case. 

Glory obviously got his weight under control to wrestle in a dual and control a returning AA.  

Did you see that Glory said he's been training for years for Lee's top game?  If he gets right out on bottom it comes down to takedowns.  Plus he has ridden Lee before.  Lee's top game stopped working with Rivera and he lost to him the last 2 times they wrestled as a result.  

Glory beats the #19 7-2 (3 pts gift from no headgear pull call).  Lee totally dominates the #3 and pins in 2:01. 

btw: Did Rivera face the New Knee Lee?   You could be correct, might I suggest placing a bet with our resident pastry bookie.  

33 minutes ago, ScarletKnight said:

Glory cheated and got lucky the referee lacked the testicular fortitude to call himself a man last night..  A finals match with spencer lee will end via pinfall in favor of Spencer Lee.

FIFY

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

1 hour ago, ScarletKnight said:

So if you take that away, you can give him the takedown before where the announcers though he had his toes in bounds and same score.  

That's fine, take the two points, I wasn't disputing the final score..... Let's try this again... "If he refines his head gear pulling tactics and can put a few more extra breather strategies in his back pocket, he might just limit it to being decisioned"   

Screen Shot 2023-01-14 at 1.22.31 PM.png