• Playwire Ad Area

Who is the most arrogant wrestler currently?

Jimmy Cinnabon

Spenser Lee-Tired of his mouth and his wining.  Hope Fix drops down and beats him.  

Real Woods-I was stunned after Woods narrowly beat Casey Swiderski for acting so brashly.  He won by two points and acted like he won the Olympic Gold Medal. During Media Day he said "he came to Iowa to put on a show for the fans."  Really?  What is he going to show Hawkeye Nation that they haven't already seen?  Please.

Edited by KLCarnegieTech_1969

1 minute ago, KLCarnegieTech_1969 said:

Spenser Lee-Tired of his mouth and his wining.  Hope Fix drops down and beats him.  

Real Woods-I was stunned after Woods narrowly beat Casey Swiderski that he was acting so brashly.  He won by two points and acted like he won the Olympic Gold MedaBefore the season he said he came to Iowa to put on a show for the fans.  Really?  What is he going to show Hawkeye Nation what they haven't already seen?  Please.

In regards to Spencer Lee....REALLY....He's had serious knee problems and I don't consider him to be a whiner....they ask him questions....he's upbeat with his answers....he's a tremendous talent ......and if I remember right Fix had an issue that Spencer never had.  I find Spencer to be a much better example of what a Hawkeye should be than some others that have worn the black and gold.  No comment on Real Woods....I am a Casey Swiderski fan though.

1 hour ago, MPhillips said:

Fixed it for you.

I think you meant 'pinning".  There I fixed it for you.  Lee is a great wrestler, one of the very best that the rich state of PA has produced, but needs to be  more measured when speaking publicly about his injuries and future conquests. I have seen him wrestle since he was a little fella and he at times became unhinged and displayed borderline unsportsmanlike conduct.  I would hate for him to be remembered with the likes of DeSanto, Terry Brands and Thomas Gilman.  

• Fire 1

1 minute ago, KLCarnegieTech_1969 said:

I think you meant 'pinning".  There I fixed it for you.  Lee is a great wrestler, one of the very best that the rich state of PA has produced, but needs to be  more measured when speaking publicly about his injuries and future conquests. I have seen him wrestle since he was a little fella and he at times became unhinged and displayed borderline unsportsmanlike conduct.  I would hate for him to be remembered with the likes of DeSanto, Terry Brands and Thomas Gilman.  

Thanks for that. 

1 hour ago, KLCarnegieTech_1969 said:

Please give some examples of Lee trying to break an opponent's arm or throwing racial slurs before worlds. Because that is what you directly compared Spencer Lee against, and the majority of the country has seen him act as a consummate professional in an amateur sport since he was a college freshman. Everyone loves a good heel turn but c'mon. His biggest character flaw is he... pinned a teammate and didn't high five his coach?

• Fire 2

i am an idiot on the internet

49 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

Please give some examples of Lee trying to break an opponent's arm or throwing racial slurs before worlds. Because that is what you directly compared Spencer Lee against, and the majority of the country has seen him act as a consummate professional in an amateur sport since he was a college freshman. Everyone loves a good heel turn but c'mon. His biggest character flaw is he... pinned a teammate and didn't high five his coach?

I never suggested that he was trying to 'hurt' people or even used 'racial' slurs.  I wasn't comparing him to or against such behavior.  I was addressing his arrogance, which is the question at hand.  Read the title of the thread.  I never said arrogance was bad, if  in small doses.  He clearly pushed Ayala's chest after pinning him, and had some choice words with his coaches after the match.  This bull crap wouldn't happen at Penn State, under Cael.  That kind of behavior would have been  kept in check by the likes of RBY, Nick Lee, Carter Starocci and Brooks and Beard.  Just my two cents. 

14 minutes ago, KLCarnegieTech_1969 said:

I never suggested that he was trying to 'hurt' people or even used 'racial' slurs.  I wasn't comparing him to or against such behavior.  I was addressing his arrogance, which is the question at hand.  Read the title of the thread.  I never said arrogance was bad, if  in small doses.  He clearly pushed Ayala's chest after pinning him, and had some choice words with his coaches after the match.  This bull crap wouldn't happen at Penn State, under Cael.  That kind of behavior would have been  kept in check by the likes of RBY, Nick Lee, Carter Starocci and Brooks and Beard.  Just my two cents. 

At Penn State they don't push off their teammates chests they sexually assault their teammate's mother's. Different strokes for different folks.

14 minutes ago, wrestlingphish said:

At Penn State they don't push off their teammates chests they sexually assault their teammate's mother's. Different strokes for different folks.

Stay on topic, we are talking about arrogant wrestlers not the nocturnal adventures taken by teammates.

Edited by KLCarnegieTech_1969

2 hours ago, KLCarnegieTech_1969 said:

You inferred. 1.5/10 trolling attempt.

• Fire 1

i am an idiot on the internet

5 hours ago, KLCarnegieTech_1969 said:

I would hate for him to be remembered with the likes of DeSanto, Terry Brands and Thomas Gilman.  

You are kidding....he's nothing like those guys...He's a lot more like what any wrestler should be like, and I'm talking about in terms of class.....more like Hawkeyes like Chuck Yagla, the Steiner's, Jim Zaleski, Barry Davis, the Banach's for example

I don't think it helps to post about who is the most arrogant.  But there are some college wrestlers that are very confident!  Yianni, Lee, Brooks, Starocci, and RBY are wrestlers (among others) that are confident.  Winning NCAA titles is a good reason for the confidence.  There is an art to how a confident wrestler communicates his confidence and remains very likeable and NIL marketable and it may related to avoiding the appearance of being arrogant - and some are better than others at this art.   Probably should be a training program for this as NIL reaches college wrestling.   

Although there have been many other wrestlers who are excellent in conveying confidence without appearing arrogant, I thought the interview of Shane Griffith when he won the NCAA title and his program was on the chopping block was extraordinary.  Might be good to use this video as a training tool to athletes on how to handle an interview.