• Playwire Ad Area

Who has the largest wrestling video collection?

Wrestling Arena

11 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Thanks for the props WKN.....I'm not sure how many I have....I do know most of their contents have been view ated least once, a some many times.  I couldn't watched them all again in the rest of my lifetime.  Started "filming" in 1970 first at the 1970 Midlands, then in 1971 The USA vs. USSR also at McGaw Hall ('70 Midland's were actually at maybe Harper Jr. College that year)  Most of my crucial stuff that was super 8 I transferred to video while the getting was good.  Most of the events I've been to I have filmed or video'd......42 NCAA's, maybe 26 Big Ten's, 17 World Cups, MANY  college matches from Iowa Public Television....3 duals on each tape/dvd.  I have tapes of World Championships, Tblisi, and more.  Some that I treasure most though are of clinics I've been to.  I started my collection as a very young coach....they were invaluable in the development of my coaching, teaching (Physical Education), and doing wrestling clinics.  I'll end by simply saying ....I wouldn't trade my teaching and coaching career for anything, and my library helped me immensely.  I'd take a pic of my shelves of videos, but my office is a mess right now, and I have videos in the living room, in my weight room/wrestling room.....they are not all on the shelves.  The bookcase goes to the ceiling, and has maybe 8 shelves, and they are all full.  That's my story and I'm stickin' to it......I like Wrestling Arenas library by the way!!  Good Stuff!!   (Hope I proof read this good enough because when I click "Submit Reply" the 15 minute timer starts)

• Fire 3

A couple of my favorites are Dave Schultz clinics mostly on leg wrestling and transitions into hip tips and bars.  Also Terry and Troy Steiner teaching every area of wrestling.  When I was a young coach (1975) I went to a Granby Camp that I got maybe 4 or 5  crucial techniques from.  I've also been to all the FILA Clinics that were at the World Cups (17 years)....back when the clinicians were Yuri Shakmuradov, Ivan Yarigan, Stan Dziedzic, Gable, Zoogalov Abdulbakov maybe too.  One year there were 2 high school kids on the mat during the clinic....they grew up to be pretty good....they were from Mobridge, S.D......Jim and Bill Scherr....lol....and now friends of mine.

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, Formally140 said:

Don’t monetize the channel 

Fine line there. Very small population of people that start channels with the intent of getting the most will not try to market this thing for views in some manner. YouTube has toughened up it's monetization structure, so there is a lot less pirates trying to cash in on viral vids (think all the Stevo knockoff vids). 

Topic where I can see the fan benefit, but then there's that point where I've had stuff straight ripped off over the years (almost weekly) with zero credit or if there is credit without asking, it's like "oh, I gave you credit." Well, you didn't ask permission. 

I hope the library grows, but the right way. Screen grabs of stuff produced by others, for example, is where I have an issue. Reposting stuff from BTN or ESPN channels takes money out of their pocket, kills their analytics and actually HURTS the sport because it takes metrics away from brands that actually can show tangible growth and look at those avenues for future investment. But that's a tangent here. 

Insert catchy tagline here. 

Just now, Jason Bryant said:

Fine line there. Very small population of people that start channels with the intent of getting the most will not try to market this thing for views in some manner. YouTube has toughened up it's monetization structure, so there is a lot less pirates trying to cash in on viral vids (think all the Stevo knockoff vids). 

Topic where I can see the fan benefit, but then there's that point where I've had stuff straight ripped off over the years (almost weekly) with zero credit or if there is credit without asking, it's like "oh, I gave you credit." Well, you didn't ask permission. 

I hope the library grows, but the right way. Screen grabs of stuff produced by others, for example, is where I have an issue. Reposting stuff from BTN or ESPN channels takes money out of their pocket, kills their analytics and actually HURTS the sport because it takes metrics away from brands that actually can show tangible growth and look at those avenues for future investment. But that's a tangent here. 

I try to make sure I use the BTN YouTube posts for that reason. Especially because they post so quickly 

• Fire 1

I’m not interested in any monetary gain..Most of my videos have very few views and don’t have many subscribers…Most of the old stuff is black and white film..Some of the older stuff is from ABC Sports when they did the NCAA Finals…Won’t touch the newer stuff..I realize it’s copyrighted and will probably get removed…Just posting the old stuff..I got it from contacts on the message boards…Just giving it back for others to watch