• Playwire Ad Area

Glory to remain at 125

19 minutes ago, Caveira said:

What specifically is glory or Princeton doing wrong?  Not defending him but I don’t really see it spelled out in this thread. 

They're letting him wrestle at a weight he clearly can not comfortably or reliably make.  We know more about this stuff now.

• Fire 1

44 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

I mean I hope he doesn't suffer any sort of long-term issues from this kind of thing.  In the current times and climate, I think this kind of thing, which was more accepted years ago but we know now is extremely dangerous, should be stopped.

Got it, thanks.  I totally agree that everyone in the sport should be vigilant about a relapse on rampant dangerous weight cutting.  I'm just trying to understand what we know about Glory.  I can't find anything in writing with the facts about what he's planning to do.  Which leaves the possibility that they may be making a reasonable plan, based on knowledgeable input, to limit the number of times he will weigh in that is designed to protect him.  I'm not an expert but would this be analogous to freestyle where there is some severe cutting but it isn't as dangerous because relatively few times on the scale.

Personally I don't like it.  I join the frustration in a lot of these threads about the Incredible Shrinking Wrestling Season and guys wrestling very few matches, this just exacerbates that.  I also think that there have been a lot of examples recently of great wrestlers having success when they don't cut a lot of weight.

But as far as Glory's health goes, while antennae are rightfully up at the news of this unusual plan (coupled with the entry and then withdrawal at 133), I hadn't seen any tangible evidence that this is dumb and dangerous.  And I'd hope that the coaches, who are generally held in high regard (which I question given their direction to him to cut Suriano in the last minute of the final last year 🙂) have tried to come upon a solution that minimizes risk.

22 minutes ago, Caveira said:

What specifically is glory or Princeton doing wrong?  Not defending him but I don’t really see it spelled out in this thread. 

Apparently he can't make 125 safely/effectively on a regular basis, so they are limiting his weigh-ins.  If he has been having documented troubles making the weight for years, how is he still able to get certified there?  It seems as if he is actually a 133.

Edited by Interviewed_at_Weehawken

4 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Apparently he can't make 125 safely/effectively on a regular basis, so they are limiting his weigh-ins.  If he has been having documented troubles making the weight for years, how is he still able to get certified there?  It seems as if he is actually a 133.

Any idea what the cut is ?   What does he walk around at.   Is it size or just bad discipline ?   One guy I knew was chronically missing weight because he simply ate his face off the night before.  

I just don’t know his situation.   

• Fire 1

If the season were condensed to 3 1/2 - 4 months, required a certain number of weigh-ins, and put limits or regulations on MFF losses.... we might be back to people wrestling on a wrestling scholarship. 

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐