• Playwire Ad Area

100 Wins?

Wrestej

2 hours ago, BigRedFan said:

Neither Glory nor Monday will get 100:  Monday at 89 D1 wins, Glory at 86 D1 wins.

Is one of Monday's wins on Wrestlestat not D1?  They have 90.  Princeton has 1 dual (Bucknell), EIWAs and NCAAs left.  Winning EIWAs (he is the favorite) and the Bucknell dual should give him 5 more Ws.  Five wins is possible at NCAAs if he wins the tournament or places 3rd.  It can also happen with a 4th or 5th place finish if he loses before the semis.  He could also get a sixth win at NCAAs if he places 3rd and loses before the semis or even a 7th if he loses in the first two rounds.  A decent shot if he has 90 and some chance with 89.

Edited by fishbane

9 minutes ago, fishbane said:

Is one of Monday's wins on Wrestlestat not D1?  They have 90.  Princeton has 1 dual (Bucknell), EIWAs and NCAAs left.  Winning EIWAs (he is the favorite) and the Bucknell dual should give him 5 more Ws.  Five wins is possible at NCAAs if he wins the tournament or places 3rd.  It can also happen with a 4th or 5th place finish if he loses before the semis.  He could also get a sixth win at NCAAs if he places 3rd and loses before the semis.  A decent shot if he has 90 and still has a chance with 89.

Apparently, his win over Michael Wilson of Rider was when the latter was a redshirt freshman.

As for Monday being the favorite at EIWAs:  Ramirez would like a word 🙂

2 minutes ago, BigRedFan said:

Apparently, his win over Michael Wilson of Rider was when the latter was a redshirt freshman.

Is that not an official win?  Wilson would have been a enrolled student redshirting.  It's not like wrestling a Spartan Combat opponent that is not enrolled in classes.

If it didn't count as an official win in 2019-2020 did the rule change this year?  Now that guys on a redshirt can wrestle in duals, it's hard to imagine those dual matches not counting.  Or now do duals count, but tournaments do not?  Ex. Dayton Pitzer's midlands matches don't count, but the duals do.   I think if the wrestler is enrolled in classes they should count even if he is redshirting.

Finally even with 89 and not winning EIWAs 100 is a remote possibility.  A win at Bucknell and 2nd at EIWAs would be 4 wins.  Third at NCAAs with a loss in either of the the first two rounds would be 7 wins and make 100 on the nose.  Monday could avoid Ramirez at NCAAs in this scenario if Ramirez made the final opening the path for Monday to place 3rd.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/16/2023 at 2:53 PM, Gus said:

Micky Phillipi, Michael McGee, Rayvon Foley, Jonathan Millner Yianni, Austin O'Connor, Mikey Labriola, Demetrius Romero, Max Dean, Cam Caffey, Mason Parris are over 100 career wins

Ethan Smith, Hunter Bolen, Marcus Coleman could get 100 this year

Others with a chance next year: Daton Fix, Clay Carlson, Andrew Alirez, Sammy Sasso, Peyton Robb, Jared Franek, Kendall Coleman, Shane Griffith, David Carr, Izzy Olejnik, Mekhi Lewis, Peyton Mocco, Travis Wittlake, Tanner Sloan

Who has the most of active wrestlers?

11 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

That’s the wrestlestat number isn’t it though, so I think counts non-D1?  Looks like Millner also has 118 on wrestlestat not counting his redshirt

But the nice thing about WS is you can look at the data and subtract the non-D1s if thats what you want.  Its one of the best resources in college wrestling.  

10 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

That’s the wrestlestat number isn’t it though, so I think counts non-D1?  Looks like Millner also has 118 on wrestlestat not counting his redshirt

They put the D1 record in parenthesis next to the overall record at the individual season level. I am not sure why they do not carry that convention through to the total, but with a touch of math you can see that 5 of his freshman wins and 1 of his sophomore wins were against non-D1. So his D1 win total is 112.

They make you work for it, but it is there.

• Fire 1

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

1 hour ago, 1032004 said:

Okay, so Millner has 115 wins against D1 competition and Parris has 112. 

44 minutes ago, headshuck said:

Cael’s record will stand forever now that his program has all the in-house competition they need to prepare for NCAAs.

and betting if you look at his record you'll find Cael never ducked.  Carl though ...

1 hour ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

They put the D1 record in parenthesis next to the overall record at the individual season level. I am not sure why they do not carry that convention through to the total, but with a touch of math you can see that 5 of his freshman wins and 1 of his sophomore wins were against non-D1. So his D1 win total is 112.

They make you work for it, but it is there.

I don’t see that, might be on desktop and not mobile?

They don’t count MFF’s at all right?

21 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

I don’t see that, might be on desktop and not mobile?

They don’t count MFF’s at all right?

Correct. Not on mobile for some reason. Just desktop.

And it does not look like they include medical forfeits. For example, Mason Parris's freshman year he has 33 wins with 28 in parenthesis. There are three wins listed against D2 wrestlers, 1 win against a wrestler from Omega Training Center and one win by MFOR.

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

5 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Correct. Not on mobile for some reason. Just desktop.

And it does not look like they include medical forfeits. For example, Mason Parris's freshman year he has 33 wins with 28 in parenthesis. There are three wins listed against D2 wrestlers, 1 win against a wrestler from Omega Training Center and one win by MFOR.

So the MFF is included in the “33”?  I could see including non-D1 in that number, but not sure why they’d include MFF’s at all (regular dual forfeits yes)

1 hour ago, 1032004 said:

So the MFF is included in the “33”?  I could see including non-D1 in that number, but not sure why they’d include MFF’s at all (regular dual forfeits yes)

I'm not sure where talking about Cael and 159-0 turned into D1 only wins, most any win records I have ever seen include every time a wrestler got their hand raised in varsity  official competition. Whether that was against a DIII wrestler at an open of MFF. Cael's 2nd official victory was against DII Augustana, presumably in an open, but a win toward the record nonetheless. 

Edited by GreenandGold

57 minutes ago, GreenandGold said:

I'm not sure where talking about Cael and 159-0 turned into D1 only wins, most any win records I have ever seen include every time a wrestler got their hand raised in varsity  official competition. Whether that was against a DIII wrestler at an open of MFF. Cael's 2nd official victory was against DII Augustana, presumably in an open, but a win toward the record nonetheless. 

Do they get their hand raised for a MFF?

On 2/16/2023 at 4:47 PM, BigRedFan said:

Well it looks like you were right on all counts.  Ramirez won and wrestlestat now has Monday's win total at 93 after EIWAs.  I think he somehow lost a win on there since we initially discussed this.  I thought he was at 90 on wrestle stat with a Bucknell dual, EIWAs and NCAAs to get 90 wins.  Now after 3 wins at EIWAs and the 1 against BUcknell they have him at EIWAs he has 93, so he lost one, but it wasn't that Michael Wilson match.  Either that or I was wrong to start.

7 wins at NCAAs is not I'm possible, but without a pigtail the only way to get 7 Ws would be to lose in either the first or second round and wrestle all the way back to place 3rd.