• Playwire Ad Area

Lee and Ayala beef?

H82Lose

54 minutes ago, H82Lose said:

Rumors are, Lee was feeling it after his semi's match, knees were sore etc.  Ayala wins his semi's and Lee thought it was a lock, don't wrestle just forfeit. Ayala wanted the match, I don't think it was a disrespectful move, but let me see where I am at move.  Pissed Lee off, and Brands could not tell them NOT to wrestle. Lee gets the fall, pushes off Ayala's face, says some stuff and then gave it to the corner.  Mom takes to social media.

I think this scenario makes sense. But if Lee didn't want to wrestle Ayala, he could have forfeited himself. If Ayala didn't want to be told to forfiet, I respect that. 

10 minutes ago, wrestlingphish said:

You are already bastardizing quotes. Spencer Lee, who has been recovering from ACL surgeries (3) literally the entire time Drake Ayala has been at Iowa, does not “wrestle” with the team per Ayala’s mom. Wrestle and practice are two different words with different meanings. 

Given his injury history and ongoing recovery, I not surprised he would do much if any live wrestling in the room. Probably spends most of his time in PT and doing low impact cardio. Parents should stay off social media. They and never going to make anything better that way.  

• Fire 1

1 minute ago, H82Lose said:

who is the professional hater of all things Hawkeye?  A mom that her son wrestles for the Hawkeye's? 

No, I am. But I’m not blind to Lee’s obvious loyalty and commitment to Iowa, regardless of allegations from a passionate parent. 

• Fire 1

4 minutes ago, wrestlingphish said:

That he doesn’t wrestle with the team because he is recovering from surgery. He rehabs in the room, he conditions with the team, he is not live wrestling during Iowa practices at this point. Which is what has been happening, regardless of how you want to interpret Angie Ayalas post.

that makes sense, and makes the comments see even more petty.  No matter what, parents need to keep everything in the room, good or bad.  I know my kids would murder me if I took to posting comments about the program on social media.  Anyway, I did not know what was going on with these two. 

1 hour ago, H82Lose said:

Ok, explain the difference to a dummy like me.  From what she said, I took it as, Lee does his own thing, and is not in the room with the team.  How do you interpret her comment?

LOL Ayala has been in the room for all of 15 months, in which Spencer has been injured or recovering for about 100% of that. Add to this that Ayala had a major injury of his own, and it's not hard to understand why they haven't wrestled.

Y'all are trying to make something out of nothing. This is D1 wrestling, not peewee soccer. Ayala and his mom will be fine.

9 minutes ago, Jamie_Taco said:

LOL Ayala has been in the room for all of 15 months, in which Spencer has been injured or recovering for about 100% of that. Add to this that Ayala had a major injury of his own, and it's not hard to understand why they haven't wrestled.

Y'all are trying to make something out of nothing. This is D1 wrestling, not peewee soccer. Ayala and his mom will be fine.

Yes this ^^^ and was the mom in the room? 🙄    Can't speak for every room but seen it and makes sense when coming off surgery or injury you're not going to let that starter go against an up and coming Fr who isn't going to hold back.  One example the kid coming back only wrestled with the assistant coach cause that coach new when to stop or holds/moves to avoid.  Point was to get the kid back in shape not to please the moms.  

3 minutes ago, ionel said:

Yes this ^^^ and was the mom in the room? 🙄    Can't speak for every room but seen it and makes sense when coming off surgery or injury you're not going to let that starter go against an up and coming Fr who isn't going to hold back.  One example the kid coming back only wrestled with the assistant coach cause that coach new when to stop or holds/moves to avoid.  Point was to get the kid back in shape not to please the moms.  

So, a match with a teammate is dangerous, but wrestling everyone else is not? you cannot have it both ways, someone touched on this earlier.  You WANT the young buck to say, lets go, kick my ass or not, I wanna wrestle, don't ya? I get it, two major knee surgeries, but if there is doubt, wrestle in the room until mid january, no real matches.  He has been there for 5 years, he does not need the experience.  At the end of the day, however anyone feels, Lee should respect that Ayala wanted to wrestle, IMO.  Maybe after everything calms down, he will ask himself if he would have felt the same way at 20. I am not an iowa or lee hater, I am a wrestling fan.  I understand armchair coaching is stupid, and it is just an opinion. 

• Fire 1

1 minute ago, H82Lose said:

So, a match with a teammate is dangerous, but wrestling everyone else is not? you cannot have it both ways, someone touched on this earlier.  You WANT the young buck to say, lets go, kick my ass or not, I wanna wrestle, don't ya? I get it, two major knee surgeries, but if there is doubt, wrestle in the room until mid january, no real matches.  He has been there for 5 years, he does not need the experience.  At the end of the day, however anyone feels, Lee should respect that Ayala wanted to wrestle, IMO.  Maybe after everything calms down, he will ask himself if he would have felt the same way at 20. I am not an iowa or lee hater, I am a wrestling fan.  I understand armchair coaching is stupid, and it is just an opinion. 

I said nothing about a "match" was talking about practice in the room.  Once you are ready to go you should wrestle whoever is in the dual or tournament you committed to. 

Just now, ionel said:

I said nothing about a "match" was talking about practice in the room.  Once you are ready to go you should wrestle whoever is in the dual or tournament you committed to. 

Got it. It take anything a mom says with a grain of salt.  My only issue is IF Lee was pissed that Ayala wanted to wrestle him. Lee was going to beat Ayala under any circumstance. The argument that Lee could have got hurt by wrestling Ayala is my debate.  

3 hours ago, H82Lose said:

Rumors are, Lee was feeling it after his semi's match, knees were sore etc.  Ayala wins his semi's and Lee thought it was a lock, don't wrestle just forfeit. Ayala wanted the match, I don't think it was a disrespectful move, but let me see where I am at move.  Pissed Lee off, and Brands could not tell them NOT to wrestle. Lee gets the fall, pushes off Ayala's face, says some stuff and then gave it to the corner.  Mom takes to social media.

I’m still having a hard time believing Lee wanted Ayala to forfeit, especially if it seems it wouldn’t have even counted.

Is it possible Lee didn’t care who forfeited, and just didn’t want to wrestle, but Ayala did and for some godforesaken reason Brands said OK?

Just now, 1032004 said:

I’m still having a hard time believing Lee wanted Ayala to forfeit, especially if it seems it wouldn’t have even counted.

Is it possible Lee didn’t care who forfeited, and just didn’t want to wrestle, but Ayala did and for some godforesaken reason Brands said OK?

maybe? 

6 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

This is what I think happened. IMO Spencer appeared to be chirping at Brands, not Drake. I have a feeling Spencer didn't want to go but Brands wanted him to wrestle the match. Was it the right move? Not sure, but it obviously lit a fire under Spencer and hopefully he built some confidence in his knees.

13 minutes ago, feet2back said:

Lee in his 6th College Year should just be happy he is Still in College and able to compete...Shut Your Mouth!

10 minutes ago, feet2back said:

Yes this is the answer 6+3 he should have 9 years to compete, see football.  🙄

Edited by ionel

I think we may all be missing the big picture.  Lee has limited live wrestling since his surgeries and he still absolutely destroyed a very good Ayala.  I’m more impressed by the fact that Lee could only wrestle Big Tens and Nationals and still destroy elite wrestlers.  I’m glad the match happened for that reason alone.

• Fire 1