• Playwire Ad Area

Lee and Ayala beef?

H82Lose

Who's mom was it that was pissed off that her high school kid had to potentially face a middle school kid and got their entire 'future' high school banned for like two years?

Desmond?  I feel like it was Desmond?

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

8 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Who's mom was it that was pissed off that her high school kid had to potentially face a middle school kid and got their entire 'future' high school banned for like two years?

Desmond?  I feel like it was Desmond?

I feel like that type of HS restriction would only be possible by a Level 60 Karen. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, PortaJohn said:

On a side note it seems like Tbar followed MSU over onto the HR forum and now goes by PSUgo823...In case anyone is missing their banter.. Those two really are inseparable 

For some of us it take a large part of our life to find a soulmate. 

Edited by MadMardigain
  • Fire 1
  • Haha 5

47 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Up is down, black is white.

We have multiple threads based on the complaint that no one wrestles anyone anymore. And now we have a thread about a wrestler upset he had to wrestle someone.

YAHTZEE!

Edited by MPhillips
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Up is down, black is white.

We have multiple threads based on the complaint that no one wrestles anyone anymore. And now we have a thread about a wrestler upset he had to wrestle someone.

The point of debate seems to be:

1. Is Lee responding to coaches about them complaining about how he manhandled Ayala. (A wrestler they don't like to see easily crushed.)
  2. Is Lee responding to coaches about having to wrestle a teammate when he's gimpy. (His interaction with Ayala at the end of the match indicates otherwise.)

Don't need to take a poll here... it's obviously #1.

• Fire 1

Rumors are, Lee was feeling it after his semi's match, knees were sore etc.  Ayala wins his semi's and Lee thought it was a lock, don't wrestle just forfeit. Ayala wanted the match, I don't think it was a disrespectful move, but let me see where I am at move.  Pissed Lee off, and Brands could not tell them NOT to wrestle. Lee gets the fall, pushes off Ayala's face, says some stuff and then gave it to the corner.  Mom takes to social media.

I think what I am most shocked about, the comment that Lee does not practice with the team? Maybe it is BS, but that is shocking.  Armchair QB moment, and with Portals and NIL deals, it would be really hard to take this stance...but you cannot let these kids run your program.  I know for a fact AJ Ferrari was killing the poke room.  Not many liked him, it was about AJ and not the TEAM. Smith sold his soul to the devil, and all he could do was watch it all unfold. I am not at all comparing AJF and Lee, I am only saying, these coaches need to try to control the room the best they can.  Again, easier said than done, I know. 

37 minutes ago, H82Lose said:

I think what I am most shocked about, the comment that Lee does not practice with the team? Maybe it is BS, but that is shocking.  Armchair QB moment, and with Portals and NIL deals, it would be really hard to take this stance...but you cannot let these kids run your program.  I know for a fact AJ Ferrari was killing the poke room.  Not many liked him, it was about AJ and not the TEAM. Smith sold his soul to the devil, and all he could do was watch it all unfold. I am not at all comparing AJF and Lee, I am only saying, these coaches need to try to control the room the best they can.  Again, easier said than done, I know. 

You are already bastardizing quotes. Spencer Lee, who has been recovering from ACL surgeries (3) literally the entire time Drake Ayala has been at Iowa, does not “wrestle” with the team per Ayala’s mom. Wrestle and practice are two different words with different meanings. 

• Fire 1

40 minutes ago, H82Lose said:

Rumors are, Lee was feeling it after his semi's match, knees were sore etc.  Ayala wins his semi's and Lee thought it was a lock, don't wrestle just forfeit. Ayala wanted the match, I don't think it was a disrespectful move, but let me see where I am at move.  Pissed Lee off, and Brands could not tell them NOT to wrestle. Lee gets the fall, pushes off Ayala's face, says some stuff and then gave it to the corner.  Mom takes to social media.

When an established super stud like Lee, who’s obviously in grad school AND recovering from surgery can fit in workouts, the sensible thing to do is accommodate his schedule and maximize his recovery. There are any number of reasons why he might not be practicing with the team at the moment. Regardless, any idiot who thinks Lee isn’t a team player has been asleep the last 4 years. This message was compensated professional hater of all things Hawkeye. 

• Fire 5

1 minute ago, wrestlingphish said:

You are already bastardizing quotes. Spencer Lee, who has been recovering from ACL surgeries (3) literally the entire time Drake Ayala has been at Iowa, does not “wrestle” with the team per Ayala’s mom. Wrestle and practice are two different words with different meanings. 

Ok, explain the difference to a dummy like me.  From what she said, I took it as, Lee does his own thing, and is not in the room with the team.  How do you interpret her comment?

4 minutes ago, Tigerfan said:

When an established super stud like Lee, who’s obviously in grad school AND recovering from surgery can fit in workouts, the sensible thing to do is accommodate his schedule and maximize his recovery. There are any number of reasons why he might not be practicing with the team at the moment. Regardless, any idiot who thinks Lee isn’t a team player has been asleep the last 4 years. This message was compensated professional hater of all things Hawkeye. 

who is the professional hater of all things Hawkeye?  A mom that her son wrestles for the Hawkeye's? 

2 minutes ago, H82Lose said:

Ok, explain the difference to a dummy like me.  From what she said, I took it as, Lee does his own thing, and is not in the room with the team.  How do you interpret her comment?

That he doesn’t wrestle with the team because he is recovering from surgery. He rehabs in the room, he conditions with the team, he is not live wrestling during Iowa practices at this point. Which is what has been happening, regardless of how you want to interpret Angie Ayalas post.

• Fire 3