• Playwire Ad Area

Which colleges will add men's wrestling now that Title IX's restored to its original (more gender-fair) legislative intent?

1 minute ago, ionel said:

This is a good thing.  

Absolutely! It's amazing what one dual can do .... Having OkState out last year was incredible...largest crowd of the season (7k+)  at Gill for any sport.   One way that some of these top tier teams could help the sport (and some already do) is by going out and wrestling a lower level team at their place. Having a huge crowd with a big name team does a lot for the momentum of a program. 

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

1 hour ago, 1032004 said:

Half a million out of high school may be a stretch, but I definitely believe six figures for the recent transfers.   Gannon Gremmell has recently stated he declined an offer of $40K to come back, and he's not even on the same level as some of these other guys.

When these guys are not on a full scholarship, it might cost them $40k a year in tuition just to come back depending on the school/in state tuition/etc...

4 hours ago, 1032004 said:

If Brands had any part in bringing the womens team to Iowa (and I have no idea if he did) would that count?

As great as I think it is for the sport to have a B1G school to have women's wrestling, the prime/only reason that Iowa started their women's program was because they were sued for cutting other women's sports.

29 minutes ago, manatree said:

As great as I think it is for the sport to have a B1G school to have women's wrestling, the prime/only reason that Iowa started their women's program was because they were sued for cutting other women's sports.

Yes and no. The lawsuit caused them to add a women’s sport. But it didn’t need to be wrestling