• Playwire Ad Area

Depth of NCAA Weights

stealyphil223

23 minutes ago, Gus said:

Is he much shorter than Cole Matthews?

As a squat person who was stuck in the position of. Cutting to 149 was.. a chore but having a leverage/length disadvantage at 157. I have a strong feeling that’s been a big reason for why Fix probably hasn’t ever considered going up.

Its not “just” height. It’s the limb length relative to build 

Its actually why I get so irritated when people are like “oh my gawd, that there skinny fella with long limbs seems really wrasslin strong” because it makes it look like they never wrestled a long lanky person. But if you point that out they get butthurt like ban boy did over people pointing out his underhook probably wasn’t the best

1 hour ago, Formally140 said:

As a squat person who was stuck in the position of. Cutting to 149 was.. a chore but having a leverage/length disadvantage at 157. I have a strong feeling that’s been a big reason for why Fix probably hasn’t ever considered going up.

Its not “just” height. It’s the limb length relative to build 

Its actually why I get so irritated when people are like “oh my gawd, that there skinny fella with long limbs seems really wrasslin strong” because it makes it look like they never wrestled a long lanky person. But if you point that out they get butthurt like ban boy did over people pointing out his underhook probably wasn’t the best

As someone who wrestled 145-189 in high school at 6’3” I totally understand what you are saying. I do think that Fix is so talented and understands positioning well enough to overcome the size difference and would likely win 141. 

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, Le duke said:

Fine. “One of RBY or Fix could go up to 141 and win this season”.

Particularly RBY. Got a longer frame than many of the top 141s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doesn’t RBY have a pretty big cut to make 133?

54 minutes ago, Gus said:

As someone who wrestled 145-189 in high school at 6’3” I totally understand what you are saying. I do think that Fix is so talented and understands positioning well enough to overcome the size difference and would likely win 141. 

Agree to disagree. I think Fix is too dependent on bully boy wrestling lately to go up being so short limbed 

• Fire 1

21 minutes ago, Formally140 said:

Agree to disagree. I think Fix is too dependent on bully boy wrestling lately to go up being so short limbed 

Did anyone think to ask Micic‘s opinion of 32 year old 57kgs bumping up to 141 in the off-season?

• Fire 1
  • Haha 1

i am an idiot on the internet

49 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

Did anyone think to ask Micic‘s opinion of 32 year old 57kgs bumping up to 141 in the off-season?

Micic hadn’t wrestled folkstyle in 2 years, and I would bet wasn’t cutting as much as Fix to get to 133.  I think Fix would win 141

On 12/23/2022 at 10:08 AM, stealyphil223 said:

The disparity of depth of weight classes this year in the NCAA is insane.  

Deep Weights 

Not Deep 

Agree on 157. Sorta agree on 141. Disagree on 125. 125 is top light but has 8 former AA sprinkled throughout and many guys that should challenge to AA. Light on top yes.