• Playwire Ad Area

Has Levi Haines won the spot for PSU

Elevator

33 minutes ago, CementMixer said:

He has the spot. Some time in January it will be official. Look out, it's all in again for PSU.

Yes, agreed. Definitely has the spot and with the young guys coming up no need to redshirt him but theres still no official word.

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

36 minutes ago, CementMixer said:

He has the spot. Some time in January it will be official. Look out, it's all in again for PSU.

I saw in an interview with Carl that  he said something similar... "We haven't been all in all season, but sometime in January, when we are made whole again by Levi Haines, we WILL be all in...then look out." It was something like that. 

• Haha 1

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

On 12/23/2022 at 5:44 PM, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Speculation that he will be the starter this year in order to preserve his redshirt and give PSU more flexibility in the future because of a potential upcoming logjam at 165, 174.  Maybe 184 too?

I don't think you can ever have a real log jam. Between competition, injury and normal attrition it always takes care of itself.

56 minutes ago, JeanGuy said:

I don't think you can ever have a real log jam. Between competition, injury and normal attrition it always takes care of itself.

Well, if you have Haines, Facundo, Starocci, and whomever else at 165/174,you have at least three high recruits/studs for two spots.  You have a limited number of redshirts between these guys.  You want to maximize their years of eligibility.  I don't care if you say it is a "real' log jam, you need to manage these things.

• Fire 1

Well, if you have Haines, Facundo, Starocci, and whomever else at 165/174,you have at least three high recruits/studs for two spots.  You have a limited number of redshirts between these guys.  You want to maximize their years of eligibility.  I don't care if you say it is a "real' log jam, you need to manage these things.

With Barr, Sealey, Ryder and Kasak coming in, and Starocci/Brooks having at least one more year left after this one, someone is going to be taking a GS/OTC + RS before cracking the lineup. Maybe several people.

Or someone is going to be riding the bench while using a year of eligibility.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Fire 1

30 minutes ago, Le duke said:

With Barr, Sealey, Ryder and Kasak coming in, and Starocci/Brooks having at least one more year left after this one, someone is going to be taking a GS/OTC + RS before cracking the lineup. Maybe several people.

Or someone is going to be riding the bench while using a year of eligibility.

Exactly.  Have to be somewhat creative in getting the most out of their talent.  They've done it before, but every situation will be slightly different.

Exactly.  Have to be somewhat creative in getting the most out of their talent.  They've done it before, but every situation will be slightly different.

Facundo is a guy that I think needs to make a big jump between year 2 and 3.

Sealey is coming and I don’t think Haines will be a 157 forever.

It was stated on penn state wrestling radio that Bearclaw was a little dinged up for the duels. Not sure if the Bearclaw injury was the reason Levi wrestled or if it was because it was Levi's last chance to wrestle attached and still be able to redshirt.

51 minutes ago, Higgitty said:

It was stated on penn state wrestling radio that Bearclaw was a little dinged up for the duels. Not sure if the Bearclaw injury was the reason Levi wrestled or if it was because it was Levi's last chance to wrestle attached and still be able to redshirt.

I started a new thread because of what you said about Haines' last chance to wrestle attached. Hasn't he only used 4 of 5? I am assuming the first day of Collegiate Duals only counts as one.

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

20 minutes ago, MPhillips said:

If the Senator can't rile something up who can? Although it may be a stiff test...

but did the good senator pack any pills for his journey, who knows?  Well Wkn should know else why the "k."

On 12/27/2022 at 3:33 PM, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Barr has been wrestling 182/190 so he may be 184 for them next season.

• Fire 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me