• Playwire Ad Area

Neweruser69's Early Season Hot Takes

neweruser69

Had a few of these brewing in the chamber, felt like I needed to get them out.

-I would not be shocked if someone other than Lee or Glory won 125 this year. I foresee gas-tanks being an issue for both guys, and it wouldn't entirely surprise me if someone else emerged at the weight.

-Keegan O'toole is pretty good. Like, he is pretty good and will probably win a few titles but his trajectory isn't what I thought it was. Don't get me wrong, he is a great collegiate wrestler, I just expected more of a jump from him this season in dominance. Kinda feels like Carr is going to win this weight to me.

-Yianni is the HEW champ right now, guy hasn't taken a break in years. It seems like it's showing, either that or he has nothing left to prove. 

-Beau Bartlett is going to win 141 and everyone should have seen this coming.

- Austin O'Connor is going to get a second title against all odds.

• Fire 2

Those are some nice takes. 

I really like Yianni - his drive, mentality, and style. But, for the sake of chaos, I predict he doesn't win his 4th.

I'm contractually obligated to always pick Spencer Lee, other than that, I like the 125 take. Who do you think is the front runner to emerge at 125?

Beau Bartlett is boring as hell. I'm sure he's a good, hard working kid, but I would be annoyed if he won 141 with his style.

23 hours ago, neweruser69 said:

-Keegan O'toole is pretty good. Like, he is pretty good and will probably win a few titles but his trajectory isn't what I thought it was. Don't get me wrong, he is a great collegiate wrestler, I just expected more of a jump from him this season in dominance. Kinda feels like Carr is going to win this weight to me.

This seems to be his m.o.  He'll have a few matches that are closer than they should be, and give up some points and takedowns here and there.  But when the post-season rolls around he takes the headgear out of the briefcase.

Carr is nasty and quite possibly the future. Griffith saved how many Stanford sports? If O’Toole doesn’t win then don’t discount him. 3 champs with legitimate world team aspirations in the same bracket means at least 2 people are going home disappointed.

The only way Lee loses by the time NCAAs rolls around is if DeSanto goes on another vision quest, transfers to Michigan who miraculously finds him another year of eligibility by getting him onto the Ecuador national team, and upsets a still-recovering from ACL injury.

Yianni not HEW, Yianni adjusting back to folk. Yianni not worried and he okay.

AOC pick? Love it and all here for it. But it’s only going to be 12.5 months since his ACL tear when nattys happen. That’s a stacked deck unfortunately. He should have been a 2x’er but the covid cancellation ruined that chance (along with Carr’s legacy possibly)

Edited by bnwtwg
sp

i am an idiot on the internet

-I would not be shocked if someone other than Lee or Glory won 125 this year. I foresee gas-tanks being an issue for both guys, and it wouldn't entirely surprise me if someone else emerged at the weight.

-Yianni is the HEW champ right now, guy hasn't taken a break in years. It seems like it's showing, either that or he has nothing left to prove. 

Everyone is going to talk about carr and o toole all season and then Griffith is gonna beat them both and win OW at ncaas , his match with otoole last year was razor thin and carr wrestles alot of close low scoring matches with top guys I think that works against him with Griffith 

• Fire 1

Agree with the rest of these, if O’Conner gets right health wise I think he wins a 2nd..Bartlett could win or he could lose by 1 in the quarters and then blood round and not AA , he’s been more aggressive lately hopefully that keeps up

Love hot takes

Here are my predictions for NCAA champions this year by weight:

125: Spencer Lee (booooring)

133: Daton Fix (and wins hodge)

141: Casey Swiderski

149: Yianni Diakomihalis

157: Quincy Monday

165: Shane Griffith

174: Carter Starocci

184: Aaron Brooks

197: Nino Bonaccorsi 

285: Greg Kerkvliet

13 hours ago, flyingcement said:

Love hot takes

Here are my predictions for NCAA champions this year by weight:

125: Spencer Lee (booooring)

133: Daton Fix (and wins hodge)

141: Casey Swiderski

149: Yianni Diakomihalis

157: Quincy Monday

165: Shane Griffith

174: Carter Starocci

184: Aaron Brooks

197: Nino Bonaccorsi 

285: Greg Kerkvliet

C'mon dawg, you can do spicier.

My caliente predictions:

125: Spencer Lee (I'm under contract)

133: Bouzakis

141: Alirez

149: Henson

157: Peyton Robb

165: Peyton Hall

174: Tanner Cook bumps up and catches Starroci in his signature move, the underhook.

184: Ach, as much as I want to put something spicy here, it's hard to pick against Brooks. Love how he wrestles and carries himself

197: Woodley

285: Davison

• Fire 1