• Playwire Ad Area

Transfer Portal

nhs67

1 hour ago, 1032004 said:

Did anything ever come from those tampering allegations from last year? (Or was it 2 years ago?)

Yes... certain head coaches had to re-strategize how to contact guys that were not in the portal. 

Edited by Idaho

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

2 hours ago, killdozer said:

2023/2024 Mizzou with Messenbrink
125 -Surtin
133- Seltzer
141- Edmond
149- Mauller
157- Mocco
165- O'Toole
174- Harman
184- Whiting/Hawks
197- Rocky Elam
285- Zach Elam

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

FIFY

• Fire 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

7 minutes ago, Gus said:

Any chance O'Toole and Mocco switch 165 & 174?

I honestly think a healthy O'Toole up at 174 beats Starocci next season.  He isn't a big 165lber, though, and I imagine he would be weighing in under the limit.

That said, Mocco isn't seeing 157.  I am being a turd.  I think he would see similarly spectacular results as we have seen from Robb, though, and I don't think the drop would be too much to handle.  He is pretty small.

55 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

I honestly think a healthy O'Toole up at 174 beats Starocci next season.  He isn't a big 165lber, though, and I imagine he would be weighing in under the limit.

That said, Mocco isn't seeing 157.  I am being a turd.  I think he would see similarly spectacular results as we have seen from Robb, though, and I don't think the drop would be too much to handle.  He is pretty small.

If Keegan were to move up, it would most likely be once Mocco graduates. Steed could possibly take over 165. Who knows what could happen. Maybe Keegan is a lifer at 165. 

4 hours ago, killdozer said:

2023/2024 Mizzou with Messenbrink
125 -Surtin
133- Seltzer
141- Edmond
149- Mauller
157- Messenbrink
165- O'Toole
174- Mocco
184- Whiting/Hawks
197- Rocky Elam
285- Zach Elam

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

That’s a formidable lineup. Possibly second best on paper after Penn St. hope he finds his way to CoMo.

1 hour ago, nhs67 said:

Askren said at one point that Keegan walks around at 180 so it is not farfetched...

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, MizzouFan01 said:

If Keegan were to move up, it would most likely be once Mocco graduates. Steed could possibly take over 165. Who knows what could happen. Maybe Keegan is a lifer at 165. 

I think Keegan intends to be a 74 KG guy, so I do think 165 is the plan.

It would be cool to see Brady Koontz knock off the returning D3 125lb National Champ...

https://d3.wrestlestat.com/wrestler/56728/decatur-jacob/profile

Looks like someone ducked... https://www.wrestlestat.com/event/71825/university-of-dubuque-baldwin-wallace-dual/boxscore

Edited by nhs67
  • Fire 1

9 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Why is it amusing coming from him?

His brother is one of the biggest transfers in recent years?  Arguably one of the biggest individual beneficiaries of said portal. Left the chance to earn an Ivy degree, which would strike many as odd.  Not to mention that there seems to be a little bad blood between the programs.

Edited by Interviewed_at_Weehawken

4 hours ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

His brother is one of the biggest transfers in recent years?  Arguably one of the biggest individual beneficiaries of said portal. Left the chance to earn an Ivy degree, which would strike many as odd.  Not to mention that there seems to be a little bad blood between the programs.

Dean wasn’t a regular run of the mill portal guy…the ivy cancelled a whole season , had whispers that might do it again and I believe dean wasn’t a big fan of the ridiculous Covid and vax polices of Cornell and NY , he literally walked on at penn state with no scholarship $$ or guarantee of a spot ..I’m sure dean would’ve preferred to finish school at Cornell in a perfect world 

• Fire 1