• Playwire Ad Area

Taylor presser

I listen to his one interview on flo… it was a good interview. My favorite part was when they asked him about how much he will use the transfer portal. He replied with the Cael quote, “what do you have a plan or something?” 😂 

• Bob 1

16 minutes ago, Eagle26 said:

I listen to his one interview on flo… it was a good interview. My favorite part was when they asked him about how much he will use the transfer portal. He replied with the Cael quote, “what do you have a plan or something?” 😂 

he's not as good with the understated humor as cael, at the presser he told a story about wrestling his wife at tulsa and pinning her, but he didn't sell the punchline in any way so it didn't really work.

• Bob 1

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

Just now, Hammerlock3 said:

he's not as good with the understated humor as cael, at the presser he told a story about wrestling his wife at tulsa and pinning her, but he didn't sell the punchline in any way so it didn't really work.

Few people are. Cael’s probably one of the funniest “non-funny” guys out there

3 minutes ago, Eagle26 said:

Few people are. Cael’s probably one of the funniest “non-funny” guys out there

yeah, to be fair to the rest of us unfunny people, that style doesn't work unless people are hanging on your every word, but its still a very elevated brand of humor.

• Bob 1

40 minutes ago, Eagle26 said:

• Bob 1

3 hours ago, Crotalus said:

I was impressed. Never really been a big fan, but his speech and answers sounded unscripted and honest.

He didn't say much about conversations with Cael. I'm sure Cael is happy for him, but it doesn't seem like he was encouraging Taylor to take the job. When you look at college and pro football, the top coaches seem really supportive of their assistants getting head coaching opportunities. You'd think Cael would want to create a successful coaching tree, and there is not a better landing spot for Taylor. But maybe he's not interested in true competition and wants to continue hoarding the best coaches and wrestlers (I could be interpreting this all wrong). Even as a Mizzou fan, this is exciting for college wrestling.

He gave cael the same amount of time as Jeff Jordan. LOL. 

Taylor is here to kick caels ass now. No time for sucking up . Taylor has an edge and I like it 

3 hours ago, Hammerlock3 said:

He looks very green in the public speaking territory but it's fair enough given it wasn't previously a priority for him.  Lots of ums. He had a few tics as well like the finger tapping.  

3 hours ago, Hammerlock3 said:

If this happens i'll consider selling my soul to bring Christopher Hitchens back from the dead to hear the commentary.

Christopher Hitchens: now there is a guy who can speak eloquently and also write well.  Sad to see him taken by cancer.  

4 hours ago, VakAttack said:

Finally some chinks in the PSU armor.

Not surprised to see some of their fans turning on him already.  I am surprised to see Brooks do it though

12 hours ago, Le duke said:

Are we ignoring the rumor (which they are clearly responding to) that he’s the one who gave the information about Brooks to Mineo?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

heard that too. 

4 hours ago, 1032004 said:

Not surprised to see some of their fans turning on him already.  I am surprised to see Brooks do it though

The speed was startling, given what he meant to the that program.  I think maybe they assumed he would be Cael's heir and this is their way of working thru it.

• Bob 1

2 hours ago, jackwebster said:

What's this story? I want to get the joke, too. I like blasphemous mockery.

in the interview he said he was struggling in school so he was taking medication while doing his homework abroad.

17 hours ago, Crotalus said:

I was impressed. Never really been a big fan, but his speech and answers sounded unscripted and honest.

He didn't say much about conversations with Cael. I'm sure Cael is happy for him, but it doesn't seem like he was encouraging Taylor to take the job. When you look at college and pro football, the top coaches seem really supportive of their assistants getting head coaching opportunities. You'd think Cael would want to create a successful coaching tree, and there is not a better landing spot for Taylor. But maybe he's not interested in true competition and wants to continue hoarding the best coaches and wrestlers (I could be interpreting this all wrong). Even as a Mizzou fan, this is exciting for college wrestling.

I wouldn't put much stock on Cael's silence on the issue so far. I'm sure he's thrilled for Taylor. Cael has never been a blabbermouth, which is one of the reasons I like him. I'm sure Taylor probably talked to Cael immediately after getting offered. 

Yes, this is exciting. David has done well with youth clubs and has been a top assistant, it will be interesting seeing how he develops as a head coach. These things aren't guaranteed though, in my life I've been disappointed many times in supposed sure things. 

I wouldn't put much stock on Cael's silence on the issue so far. I'm sure he's thrilled for Taylor. Cael has never been a blabbermouth, which is one of the reasons I like him. I'm sure Taylor probably talked to Cael immediately after getting offered. 
Yes, this is exciting. David has done well with youth clubs and has been a top assistant, it will be interesting seeing how he develops as a head coach. These things aren't guaranteed though, in my life I've been disappointed many times in supposed sure things. 
Not so much Cael's silence as much as Taylor not saying Cael was encouraging him to take the job if he had aspirations to be a college head coach. Taylor could, of course, just be keeping details to himself.

Is it concerning at all that it seems like a number of the PSU wrestlers don't seem to like him? You'd think he'd be a mentor and someone they look up to, even if some of them would have compete against him.

17 hours ago, flyingcement said:

He looks very green in the public speaking territory but it's fair enough given it wasn't previously a priority for him.  Lots of ums. He had a few tics as well like the finger tapping.  

How will he do in the interviews after matches compared to Tom Brands? Will be interesting to see Iowa vs OSU on the mat.

” Never attribute to inspiration that which can be adequately explained by delusion”.

23 minutes ago, AgaveMaria said:

How will he do in the interviews after matches compared to Tom Brands? Will be interesting to see Iowa vs OSU on the mat.

Shirley you must be kidding.  Can any out interview Tommie B post match, all are on the edge of their chairs waiting for the next crazy things out of his mouth.