• Playwire Ad Area

It's official

On 5/7/2024 at 2:46 PM, wrestlingshoe said:

The leadership on the PSU team is lacking integrity.  I don't agree that Cael and Co shuttered when Cater accepted a 5th year NIL.  The dynasty made it necessary to offer the kitchen skink to secure him and I'm sure Cale is fine with that.  This new era of paid to play is a different beast. 

Hmm. This makes it seem like without Carter their chances are slim. A Carter-less PSU still wins going away. What keeping Carter does is make the team score laughable. 

43 minutes ago, jackwebster said:

Hmm. This makes it seem like without Carter their chances are slim. A Carter-less PSU still wins going away. What keeping Carter does is make the team score laughable. 

This.

Penn State has how many points coming back? 150? Then probably another 100 on their bench?

DT I expect will be a good coach with the money being thrown around, but Cael and Penn State are the standard. Nothing has changed in State College, Pa.

3 hours ago, Pinnacle said:

This.

Penn State has how many points coming back? 150? Then probably another 100 on their bench?

DT I expect will be a good coach with the money being thrown around, but Cael and Penn State are the standard. Nothing has changed in State College, Pa.

“We beat Cael every year and we are the standard.” -Iowa fans in 2011. 

• Brain 1

13 hours ago, scribers said:

Why in the world wouldn’t this support not have been in place for smith? The guy is a legit cowboy legend. I get it coaches tend to age out. But this is one of the greatest us wrestlers of all time and great coach 

I had the same exact thoughts and not really sure. Maybe the new AD decided he'll put the Paycom dude's name on a building or something. I'm interested to see if they suddenly have a lot more money to throw around or if they're exaggerating it. 

• Bob 1

7 hours ago, billyhoyle said:

“We beat Cael every year and we are the standard.” -Iowa fans in 2011. 

Are you suggesting my post is defensive as in denial? Maybe, but Taylor isn't better than Cael the way Cael was better than a pair of Brands. 

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Remains to be seen.  One of Cael's big advantages is his war chest.  OSU about to dwarf that.

Now all we need is for the Askrens to take over a well funded program, and it might just tip things enough to bring a little parity back into the the landscape

Edited by gromit

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, gromit said:

Now all we need is the Askrens to take over a well funded program, and it might just tip things enough to bring a little parity back into the the landscape

That would be extremely interesting.  This development really has got to have Ben thinking.  He has a pretty good relationship with Taylor from what I understand.

Edited by Interviewed_at_Weehawken

On 5/7/2024 at 12:41 PM, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

I love how a month ago people were saying that DT would never leave State College 'because he has M2, and cows, and a juice bar!' lol

I guess those people never heard of a "barbecue". If I was Taylor I'd butcher all my animals (except horses, if he has horses) and have a helluva BBQ before I moved to Stoolwater. There's nothing quite like freshly bbq'd beef and chickens! 

• Bob 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Remains to be seen.  One of Cael's big advantages is his war chest.  OSU about to dwarf that.

PSU dwarfs OSU moneywise. PSU makes over $180 million a year, OSU makes about $122 million. I realize that depending on the depth of commitment to wrestling that OSU could conceivably spend more than PSU, but PSU could easily surpass OSU if that happened monetarily just by increasing their budget on wrestling. 

Edited by NM1965

1 minute ago, NM1965 said:

PSU dwarfs OSU moneywise. PSU makes over $180 million a year, OSU makes about $122 million. I realize that depending on the depth of commitment to wrestling that OSU could conceivably spend more than PSU, but PSU could easily surpass OSU if that happened monetarily just by increasing their budget on wrestling. 

Talking deep pocketed donors.  PSU ain't donating to NLWC.  That's the donors.  PSU had the advantage in wealthy donors.  Now it is not close.  Look up Paycom.

12 hours ago, Pinnacle said:

This.

If a few PSU guys decided to follow Taylor to OSU, then OSU could conceivably be in title contention by next season. Cael and PSU are obviously the standard, but things are suddenly on the table that weren't there before. If a couple of Cael's best guys moved to OSU who knows what could happen? Plus I hear there are studs at other schools thinking of transferring to OSU to wrestle for Taylor. This could be a gigantic swing, and if I was a PSU fan I'd be very concerned. 

Just now, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Talking deep pocketed donors.  PSU ain't donating to NLWC.  That's the donors.  PSU had the advantage in wealthy donors.  Now it is not close.  Look up Paycom.

I'll take your word for it.  Man, I sure hope Taylor will be as good as everybody on here seems to think. 

1 hour ago, Pinnacle said:

Are you suggesting my post is defensive as in denial? Maybe, but Taylor isn't better than Cael the way Cael was better than a pair of Brands. 

I'm not even saying that Taylor will have OSU supplant PSU as the #1 program overall. But as things currently stand, PSU wins every year and nobody else is close. The idea that some PSU fans are throwing around that "nothing has changed" is wrong and is exactly what Iowa fans were saying in 2010.  OSU will be able to compete with PSU for the top recruits, in developing them, and some years will have the better program. I hope other programs (..Iowa...) can raise their standards the way OSU has-it will only improve the sport. 

10 minutes ago, NM1965 said:

I guess those people never heard of a "barbecue". If I was Taylor I'd butcher all my animals (except horses, if he has horses) and have a helluva BBQ before I moved to Stoolwater. There's nothing quite like freshly bbq'd beef and chickens! 

One of the strangest posts I've seen on this forum. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, NM1965 said:

I'll take your word for it.  Man, I sure hope Taylor will be as good as everybody on here seems to think. 

Penn States big donor is Ira Lubert.  I believe he is worth 25 million? PSU wrestling alum.

OSU just got Chad Richison to sign on.  He is worth $6 billion.  I believe he wrestled at Centra Oklahoma.  He is committed to helping OSU wrestling now.  Currently, he has donated so much money to OSU athletics that the football stadium bears his name.

• Bob 1

1 minute ago, billyhoyle said:

I'm not even saying that Taylor will have OSU supplant PSU as the #1 program overall. But as things currently stand, PSU wins every year and nobody else is close. The idea that some PSU fans are throwing around that "nothing has changed" is wrong and is exactly what Iowa fans were saying in 2010.  OSU will be able to compete with PSU for the top recruits, in developing them, and some years will have the better program. I hope other programs (..Iowa...) can raise their standards the way OSU has-it will only improve the sport. 

You think slaughtering animals for a bbq is strange? Do you know where meat comes from? My family used to slaughter the spring chickens we didn't want (mostly stags) and bbq them every year when summer began. My task was pulling the heads off the chickens! 

1 minute ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Penn States big donor is Ira Lubert.  I believe he is worth 25 million? PSU wrestling alum.

OSU just got Chad Richison to sign on.  He is worth $6 billion.  I believe he wrestled at Centra Oklahoma.  He is committed to helping OSU wrestling now.  Currently, he has donated so much money to OSU athletics that the football stadium bears his name.

I thought OSU's stadium was called "Boone Pickens Stadium"? 

• Bob 1

5 minutes ago, NM1965 said:

You think slaughtering animals for a bbq is strange? Do you know where meat comes from? My family used to slaughter the spring chickens we didn't want (mostly stags) and bbq them every year when summer began. My task was pulling the heads off the chickens! 

I think posting that if you were David Taylor, you would kill and eat all the animals on his farm is strange.  

Just now, billyhoyle said:

I think posting that if you were David Taylor, you would kill and eat all the animals on his farm is strange.  

That's what livestock are for. Plus it'll probably be moderately expensive moving those animals to Oklahoma. A couple cattle and 10 chickens makes for a pretty decent BBQ! Have you ever been to a bbq with a cow on the spit? Nothing beats it. 

2 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

My bad! You got me! Central Oklahoma's stadium is named after him.

Oh....I was thinking "damn, they must've changed the name!". 

27 minutes ago, billyhoyle said:

I think the combination of dt, ok St and $$ will make the pokes formidable. But Cael isn't going away and he has boatloads of $$$$ too. Plus, his program is already there and dominating. 

Dt was a great college wrestler. Cael remains the GOAT.

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, NM1965 said:

That's what livestock are for. Plus it'll probably be moderately expensive moving those animals to Oklahoma. A couple cattle and 10 chickens makes for a pretty decent BBQ! Have you ever been to a bbq with a cow on the spit? Nothing beats it. 

I'm with you, time for a nice Oklahoma BBQ. Plus he's got some goats named after Cael and Cody, can't have Cael the Goat living in stillwater. How fitting would it be to roast him and Cody up for the Cowboy wrestlers?

image.thumb.png.cf8ac56f79f1a0f495b3e3fb95c3e58f.png

Edited by pokemonster
  • Bob 1