• Playwire Ad Area

197: Ferrari vs Starocci - Battle of the Italian Stallions

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, TNwrestling said:

I'm not sure Brands has much say in the matter. Beth Goetz has the final say and I doubt she approves it. Especially after Soldier Salute. 

Unfortunately for Iowa, the youngest is still planning to go to Iowa and his family appears to be moving there with him. To include AJ and Fredo. 

So, like a shadow, he's always going to be there. AJ will jump at any opportunity to be relevant, in anything. If Beth Goetz moves to another school to be their AD, gets fired, or leaves for any other reason, Tom Brands will do his best to bring AJ in. He's desperate. He can't coach his way to beating Penn State, and there are only so many athletes they can buy, so this is the next best thing.

Edited by Le duke
  • Bob 3

39 minutes ago, Gantry said:

People dislike him so much that they are finding reasons to nitpick his style and potential.  He's a hell of a wrestler, not a lot of true freshmanat the highest weights win national titles. 

He was (maybe is) a good wrestler, but people nitpicked his style even before most people realized he was crazy.  For as entertaining as he can be off the mat, he’s incredibly boring on it.

• Bob 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Gantry said:

People dislike him so much that they are finding reasons to nitpick his style and potential.  He's a hell of a wrestler, not a lot of true freshmanat the highest weights win national titles. 

yeah and not to slide into the positive, but his freshmen title run was boring, lots of basically stalling on top, but that was his only path to winning and it showed as a young wrestler he had a lot of poise and guts and knew how to win. His next year he was visibly improved in every way....if character wasn't an aspect of talent he'd be as promising as anyone in the NCAA.

Edited by Hammerlock3

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

7 hours ago, CowboyYe2024 said:

Flo did one. He clearly didn't want to talk about it at the time.

Oh...yeah, I saw this one. This was the first semester of last year talking about adding Ferrari(or anyone, but obviously it was about Ferrari).

I don't think this is really saying much. Ferrari has since been working out and lifting in the Iowa room...I'd say that is a more telling sign. Plus it feels like Angelo is a package deal(does anyone care about the other idiot?)

At the very least, they have to be humoring AJ and the Ferrari's. 

3 hours ago, scourge165 said:

Oh...yeah, I saw this one. This was the first semester of last year talking about adding Ferrari(or anyone, but obviously it was about Ferrari).

I don't think this is really saying much. Ferrari has since been working out and lifting in the Iowa room...I'd say that is a more telling sign. Plus it feels like Angelo is a package deal(does anyone care about the other idiot?)

At the very least, they have to be humoring AJ and the Ferrari's. 

You never know what the idiot will strike again doing something stupid. I think Aj has a shot, but knowing  him, he will screw it up.

• Bob 1