• Playwire Ad Area

No ID required. License to steal.

7 minutes ago, Scouts Honor said:

yes, it could mean swords as well. but at the time, there were already pistols, muskets and cannon. 

so arms is all of those already available and  those that are coming. They weren't really that stupid.. or do you think they were.

and seeing you didn't understand what bear arms meant... it's no surprise you don't understand what came of US v Miller 

So what exactly came of Us vs Miller? My main takeaway was it says gun control is constitutional. 

2 hours ago, braves121 said:

How did you come to the consensus i don’t know what bear arms means? ”

Sure it could be these

brown-bear-standing-hind-legs-southcentr

but most of us think its guns, firearms, etc.

3 hours ago, braves121 said:

How did you come to the consensus i don’t know what bear arms means? If I didn’t know why would i argue that the 2A allows weapons it’s just there’s mo verbiage regarding “guns” and “firearms”

Which means nothing but you feel good about it. 

5 hours ago, braves121 said:

So what exactly came of Us vs Miller? My main takeaway was it says gun control is constitutional. 

common to soldier of the day.

i told you already. 

you have to be the burner acct for the other guy

• Bob 2

On 4/29/2024 at 7:15 PM, braves121 said:

Remember, no taxation without representation

Representation without taxation is one of our biggest problems.  People who pay no federal income taxes and very few other taxes get to vote on how to divvy up my earnings and to vote for politicians/policies leading to massive debt.  How could that possibly go wrong?!?

• Brain 1

5 hours ago, Lipdrag said:

Representation without taxation is one of our biggest problems.  People who pay no federal income taxes and very few other taxes get to vote on how to divvy up my earnings and to vote for politicians/policies leading to massive debt.  How could that possibly go wrong?!?

Many citizens pay zero federal income tax. Donald trump payed $0 in federal income tax in 2020 so should he not be able to vote? Should anyone who gets a federal refund not be able to vote?

1 hour ago, braves121 said:

Many citizens pay zero federal income tax. Donald trump payed $0 in federal income tax in 2020 so should he not be able to vote? Should anyone who gets a federal refund not be able to vote?

A federal refund doesn't mean you paid zero taxes.  What are you even talking about?  And are you sure with all Trumps various businesses there were zero federal taxes paid? 

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, ionel said:

A federal refund doesn't mean you paid zero taxes.  What are you even talking about?  And are you sure with all Trumps various businesses there were zero federal taxes paid? 

Anyone making under the standard deduction pays no federal income tax or gets all the fed tax they payed refunded that’s what I’m mainly referring too with tax refunds. Trump filed his personal tax return as paying $0 in federal tax. So as a citizen he paid no federal income tax it doesn’t matter if he has business that paid tax, his personal tax return showed he didn’t pay any federal income tax

Edited by braves121

2 minutes ago, braves121 said:

Anyone making under the standard deduction pays no federal income tax that’s what I’m mainly referring too with tax refunds

You get a tax refund when you have more withheld than you owe, doesn't mean you paid zero.

2 minutes ago, ionel said:

You get a tax refund when you have more withheld than you owe, doesn't mean you paid zero.

It doesn’t necessarily mean you paid zero but still many people who make under the standard deduction receive all the money back they payed in federal income tax meaning they paid zero

1 minute ago, braves121 said:

It doesn’t necessarily mean you paid zero but still many people who make under the standard deduction receive all the money back they payed in federal income tax meaning they paid zero

Might we assume you gained this knowledge through personal experience?

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

Might we assume you gained this knowledge through personal experience?

Yep worked my way part time through high school and college along with the Gi bill so I’m familiar. In your eyes it’s a negative and bad thing i know this through personal experience so you’re tryna have a gotcha moment?

Edited by braves121

40 minutes ago, braves121 said:

Yep worked my way part time through high school and college along with the Gi bill so I’m familiar. In your eyes it’s a negative and bad thing i know this through personal experience so you’re tryna have a gotcha moment?

I worked in high school and college but paid federal tax.  Maybe you took the Trump route.  😉

3 hours ago, braves121 said:

He donated his entire salary for 4 years to charitable causes. I think that comes out to 1.6 million dollars. I believe that would be a tax deduction.

2 minutes ago, Paul158 said:

He donated his entire salary for 4 years to charitable causes. I think that comes out to 1.6 million dollars. I believe that would be a tax deduction.

In his 2020 return there showed no donations to any charities 

1 minute ago, Offthemat said:

Is it mandatory to report every donation to charity?

He made a huge deal about donating his salary to charity. It’s a little odd that he wouldn’t report it on his taxes. The dude claims credit for stuff that he had nothing to do with so it’s odd he’s not gonna claim credit for donating his salary

• Clown 1

1 minute ago, braves121 said:

He made a huge deal about donating his salary to charity. It’s a little odd that he wouldn’t report it on his taxes. The dude claims credit for stuff that he had nothing to do with so it’s odd he’s not gonna claim credit for donating his salary

What is odd is your insistence on making assurances of which you have no evidence to substantiate. 

3 minutes ago, braves121 said:

There is no requirement to use the Itemized Deductions schedule or even if you do to report donations.  If you paid taxes you would probably know this. 

• Fire 1