• Playwire Ad Area

Collegiate Duals Matchups Based On Intermat Rankings - Blue Pool

Wrestleknownothing

2 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

UNC usually has a competitive schedule, so I assumed they valued their guys getting good competition.  Guess not in this case.  

Yeah but they just lost to App St, don't think they have a very strong deep team this year or they are dinged up.

• Fire 1

23 minutes ago, Pish said:

Would love to see a media company ask Ramos/Scott directly why O’Connor didn’t step on mat last night against Haines. Call that shit out..wrestled first match and sits against tough freshman 

Well, it was sportsmanship on O'Connor's part.  You don't need to wrestle a national champ against Bear Claw's backup.  O'Conner has already proven himself as a national champ, why should he bother to take the mat against someone who has a loss this year against the immortal Vince Zerban? Sportsmanship, my friends!😉

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, flyingcement said:

Could it be something as petty as - this tournament is being put on by Journeyman, affiliated with Popolizio, the interconference rival of Scott?  Scott gets to hit Pop in the wallet.  I have no idea.  

I think Coleman Scott and Pat Pop have a good relationship as former Cowboys.  I don't think Scott is trying to hurt Pat or his brother.  He's doing more damage to himself with these losses, and I imagine that he also has a good relationship with Frank- after all UNC was invited in the first place.

• Fire 1

30 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Well, it was sportsmanship on O'Connor's part.  You don't need to wrestle a national champ against Bear Claw's backup.  O'Conner has already proven himself as a national champ, why should he bother to take the mat against someone who has a loss this year against the immortal Vince Zerban? Sportsmanship, my friends!😉

Weren't you the one accusing Aaron Brooks of ducking last week? "Wrestlers are supposed to wrestle", or something like that? 

This isn't like the PSU-OSU match, where the coaches and athletes agreed to let the backups wrestle on the big stage.

Edited by Le duke
  • Confused 1

22 minutes ago, Le duke said:

Weren't you the one accusing Aaron Brooks of ducking last week? "Wrestlers are supposed to wrestle", or something like that? 

This isn't like the PSU-OSU match, where the coaches and athletes agreed to let the backups wrestle on the big stage.

Weren't you the one who said either: "sportsmanship" or "he's a national champ, he's proven himself" or " he doesn't need to wrestle a backup" or " maybe he's hurt or sick" or something like that?

Any of that sound familiar, Mrs. Haines?

Edited by Interviewed_at_Weehawken
  • Fire 2

10 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Weren't you the one who said either: "sportsmanship" or "he's a national champ, he's proven himself" or " he doesn't need to wrestle a backup" or " maybe he's hurt or sick" or something like that?

Any of that sound familiar, Mrs. Haines

Those were all possibilities, sure. The actual reason, that I had stated BEFORE that, in another thread, was that the coaches decided to let the two backups wrestle. 

And, as we saw last night, Aaron Brooks is most decidedly not injured.

4 minutes ago, Le duke said:

I'm applying the standard you invented, bud. If Brooks ducked, O'Connor ducked.

Actually, I wish I could take credit for inventing the standard Mrs. Haines.  If you had any degree of reading comprehension, most of my posts on the subject matter have been largely tongue in cheek.  I have said as much.  Also notice the wink above?  The standard starts with stuff like "Spencer ducked Glory" and many other gems on this board and the old one.

In this case, the UNC staff clearly did not think it was worth their while to wrestle a national champ coming off an ACL surgery against a backup with a recent loss to Vince Zerban (whom wrestlestat has as #58.)  I would have liked to have seen the match, but coaches discretion, sportsmanship, and all that...