• Playwire Ad Area

Are all the Pro-Palestine, anti Israel protests helping or hurting the Democrats?

20 minutes ago, braves121 said:

Mike has more responsibilities because he is a first world nation that receives tax payer money and should uphold the Geneva conventions and not commit war crimes with tax payer money.Israel is a legitimate government while hamas is not. I don’t know what hamas expected to happen. What do you think Israel though would happen everytime they broke a cease fire in the last 60 plus years What did  Israel settlers think would happen when they continue to forcibly remove people who have lived in the West Bank for decades and steal their home? The history of this conflict did not start 10/7

mike has the responsibility to eradicate the other

2 hours ago, braves121 said:

Being critical of the government of Israel is not equal to antisemitism. You can find countless of Jewish and Israeli people who say the same thing. All the videos of hamas atrocities are right next to the Israel ones that show up. The main difference is hamas is a terrorist organization and doesn’t need people to protest against them because they are not a government that represents citizens while Israel is an ally of the U.S. people are protesting the use of American tax dollars to help Israel commit these crimes and atrocities. They don’t want the U.S. to be complicit in this war crimes. There’s no point in protesting hamas because our legislature isn’t actively sending them billions in aid compared to israel

Countless. Oh do tell. 

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, braves121 said:

Mike has more responsibilities because he is a first world nation that receives tax payer money and should uphold the Geneva conventions and not commit war crimes with tax payer money.Israel is a legitimate government while hamas is not. I don’t know what hamas expected to happen. What do you think Israel though would happen everytime they broke a cease fire in the last 60 plus years What did  Israel settlers think would happen when they continue to forcibly remove people who have lived in the West Bank for decades and steal their home? The history of this conflict did not start 10/7

So because Hamas is only the elected government of Gaza they should not be held to the same standards?  Does not need to uphold the rules of war? They have less responsibility to protect innocents?  Again, I disagree, completely.

You choose not to answer the Q regarding what Hamas expected.  You have an idea but you know expressing it would make your case and stance look bad.

Your point about the long history here is fair.  It is long.  And complicated.  And ugly.  Coming out of WWII new nations were being created, borders were moved, families separated, new governments put in place and mass refugee situations had to be addressed.  In all of this, Britain carved out land they effectively controlled for the new State of Israel.  Almost immediately bloodshed ensued, many locals didn’t want this and along with many others nearby.  They fought to expel the new arrivals and the new government and seemed to be close to winning but lost.  In the near decades to follow more wars were initiated by the displeased.  Israel emerging victorious each time and often increasing their land area and control.  This often happens by the end of a conflict.  As does the creation of refugees.  However, the adjacent nations refused entry from the refugees, keeping the bottled up, in tight land areas.  

Israel has fought to exist over and over again. They have dealt with terrorism again and again as well as shelling of civilians.  And they have taken harsh measures to protect themselves.  They are not saints.  

I agree that many settler actions over the decades are illegal.  I get being pissed about much of this.  I get protesting over these illegal, disgusting, and wrong actions.  And I think many were starting to look at Israel negatively as a result.  

But, nothing, and I mean NOTHING, rises to the level of what Hamas did.  NOTHING justified it.  

Edited by Dark Energy
  • Bob 1
  • Brain 2

44 minutes ago, Scouts Honor said:

they are very similar to white liberal karens.. they do exist in the wild... just hate themselves very much

There are white liberal Karen’s on here.  3 for sure 

1 minute ago, Dark Energy said:

So because Hamas is only the elected government of Gaza they should not be held to the same standards?  Does not need to uphold the rules of war? They have less responsibility to protect innocents?  Again, I disagree, completely.

You choose not to answer the Q regarding what Hamas expected.  You have an idea but you know expressing it would make your case and stance look bad.

Your point about the long history here is fair.  It is long.  And complicated.  And ugly.  Coming out of WWII new nations were being created, borders were moved, families separated, new governments put in place and mass refugee situations had to be addressed.  In all of this, Britain carved out land they effectively controlled for the new State of Israel.  Almost immediately bloodshed ensued, many locals didn’t want this and along with many others nearby.  They fought to expel the new arrivals and the new government and seemed to be close to winning but lost.  In the near decades to follow more wars were initiated by the displeased.  Israel emerging victorious each time and often increasing their land area and control.  This often happens by the end of a conflict.  As does the creation of refugees.  However, the adjacent nations refused entry from the refugees, keeping the bottled up, in tight land areas.  

Israel has fought to exist over and over again. They have dealt with terrorism again and again as well as shelling of civilians.  And they have taken harsh measures to protect themselves.  They are not saints.  

I agree that many settler actions over the decades are illegal.  I get being pissed about much of this.  I get protesting over these illegal actions and disgusting and wrong.  And I think many were starting to look at Israel negatively as a result.  

But, nothing, and I mean NOTHING, rises to the level of what Hamas did.  NOTHING justified it.  

Legitimate government. Israel has a legitimate government because they hold elections. Hamas is not a legitimate government because they were electe in 2012 and there have been no elections since. The majority of people living in Gaza were not old enough to vote in 2012 or not alive. Therefore i do not recognize them as the legitimate government. 

Glad to see that people in this country are waking up to the Israeli brutality and inhumane treatment of the Palestinians, which has actually been going on for decades; not months. 

• Clown 1

3 minutes ago, Dark Energy said:

I agree that many settler actions over the decades are illegal.  I get being pissed about much of this.  I get protesting over these illegal actions and disgusting and wrong.  And I think many were starting to look at Israel negatively as a result.  

I answered the question about hamas intentions. I said i don’t know because im not in the group chat where they went over the intentions and what would happen on 10/7

1 hour ago, braves121 said:

Legitimate government. Israel has a legitimate government because they hold elections. Hamas is not a legitimate government because they were electe in 2012 and there have been no elections since. The majority of people living in Gaza were not old enough to vote in 2012 or not alive. Therefore i do not recognize them as the legitimate government. 

Uh, ok.  Let’s use your logic.  The vast vast majority of Palestinians were not born when Israel was created or its boundaries expanded.  Thus they do not have a say in whether Israel has a right to exist.  Sound good?  No, I didn’t think so.  

You may not recognize Hamas as the elected and ruling government of Gaza … doesn’t make it true.  

• Bob 3

6 minutes ago, Dark Energy said:

Uh, ok.  Let’s use your logic.  The vast vast majority of Palestinians were not born when Israel was created or its boundaries expanded.  Thus they do not have a say in whether Israel has a right to exist.  Sound good?  No, I didn’t think so.  

You may not recognize Hamas as the elected and ruling government of Gaza … doesn’t make it true.  

Ok i recognize Gaza has a dictatorship authoritarian government under a terrorist organization that does not hold elections and nearly no living person has voted for 

1 hour ago, braves121 said:

I answered the question about hamas intentions. I said i don’t know because im not in the group chat where they went over the intentions and what would happen on 10/7

Ok.  Nor are you in the Israeli commander discussions regarding  degree to avoid innocents, and the challenge they have in finding Hamas as they hide under and behind civilians.  Nor are you in the meeting with Israeli leaders as they’ve sought to make tradeoffs to obtain peace with Palestinians over the decades.  

You still have an opinion on it I’m sure.

• Bob 1

4 minutes ago, Dark Energy said:

Ok.  Nor are you in the Israeli commander discussions regarding  degree to avoid innocents, and the challenge they have in finding Hamas as they hide under and behind civilians.  Nor are you in the meeting with Israeli leaders as they’ve sought to make tradeoffs to obtain peace with Palestinians over the decades.  

You still have an opinion on it I’m sure.

How many civilians lives are worth 1 life of a member of Hamas? What number of innocent deaths is an acceptable number in order to get rid of hamas?

Reasonable questions.  I don’t know and I expect the answer varies based on the situation, the value of the target, the degree the ‘innocents’ are willingly acting as shields, and so forth. How many opportunities occur to kill the rat bastard without hurting ‘innocents.’  Etc.   But the answer is likely to be above 0.  

Above I’m pointing out the inconsistency and hypocrisy you are displaying.   Trying to get you to step back and a bit and recognize the other side of the debate.

Peace.

• Bob 2

2 hours ago, braves121 said:

Because YOU don’t doesn’t mean the people of Gaza don’t. 🤦‍♂️ 

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, braves121 said:

Ok i recognize Gaza has a dictatorship authoritarian government under a terrorist organization that does not hold elections and nearly no living person has voted for 

Nearly no living person.   Bhahahahahahhahahaha   Math much??? 

Edited by JimmyBT

7 minutes ago, JimmyBT said:

Care to inform me on how many current living citizens of Gaza voted for Hamas?

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, JimmyBT said:

Only 7 % of he Gaza population has ever voted for hamas. 75% of the current Palestinian population was too young to vote when the election was held place. So i mean you can see that nearly no one alive or a fraction in Gaza actually voted for hamas 

Edited by braves121

47 minutes ago, braves121 said:

And how many support hamas today, haven’t seen any of the videos of the atrocities committed on Oct 7, don’t think hamas committed war crimes on Oct 7 and that would vote for Hamas today.  

48 minutes ago, braves121 said:

You still haven’t answered what nearly no person even means ?????  

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, red viking said:

Glad to see that people in this country are waking up to the Israeli brutality and inhumane treatment of the Palestinians, which has actually been going on for decades; not months. 

In 1948 the day after the Jewish people were officially put into Israel five Arab countries declared war on them.   Ya it’s their fault.  🤦‍♂️ Glad to see todays anti semites are ignoring the facts 

Edited by JimmyBT
  • Bob 2
  • Brain 1

4 minutes ago, JimmyBT said:

And how many support hamas today, haven’t seen any of the videos of the atrocities committed on Oct 7, don’t think hamas committed war crimes on Oct 7 and that would vote for Hamas today.  

And now you are moving the goalposts and using straw men arguments lol