• Playwire Ad Area

Did OTT finally make recruits/fans turn on Penn State?

Lots of unsavory behavior by Penn State fans (and wrestlers) this weekend at the Olympic Team Trials.  Several Penn State immortals fell (David Taylor).  Was this the weekend that finally turned the tide on Penn State for both recruits and wrestling fans generally?

Is Penn State now the evil empire?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Lots of unsavory behavior by Penn State fans (and wrestlers) this weekend at the Olympic Team Trials.  Several Penn State immortals fell (David Taylor).  Was this the weekend that finally turned the tide on Penn State for both recruits and wrestling fans generally?

Is Penn State now the evil empire?

Surely you jest troll.  Admittedly I do root against Penn State as the evil empire—but what are you talking about saying Several Penn State immortals fell?  David Taylor fell to another from NLWC in Brooks in the finals.  Nolf fell to fellow NLWC teammate Dake in the finals—and he beat freakin Jordan Burrroughs to get there.   Nick Lee fell to fellow NLWC teammate in the finals.  NLWC member Snyder dominated.  The only Penn State immortal that fell to someone outside of Happy Valley was Gilman (some guy named Spencer Lee).  They were about as dominant as you can be.  I mean three of the six finals had BOTH guys in the finals.  If you are a recruit and have aspirations of being an NCAA champ and an Olympian—I can think of NO BETTER recruiting advertisement than what went on this weekend.  It scares me actually.  

• Fire 3

We seem to be getting confused about PSU. Snyder, Gilman and Dake did not attend PSU.  They may train (and coach) there, but were mostly finished products by the time they arrived.  THey are all there for their own reasons, and I hope they are happy.  None of them significantly improved their results upon their arrival to PSU; maybe they have gotten better, but their results have not.

Just for the record:  OTT winners universities: Penn State 2, Michigan 1, Ohio State 1, Cornell 1, Iowa 1.

• Bob 2
  • Fire 1

5 hours ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

We seem to be getting confused about PSU. Snyder, Gilman and Dake did not attend PSU.  They may train (and coach) there, but were mostly finished products by the time they arrived.  THey are all there for their own reasons, and I hope they are happy.  None of them significantly improved their results upon their arrival to PSU; maybe they have gotten better, but their results have not.

Just for the record:  OTT winners universities: Penn State 2, Michigan 1, Ohio State 1, Cornell 1, Iowa 1.

You seem to be getting confused about PSU. They have not had an arrival to PSU. They have arrived at NLWC.

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

If Jordan Burroughs joined the NLWC, he’d be a third stringer. All he’d see is bronze.

Well, he’d see stars too as Mitch Methenbrink clubs the shit out of him. Guess he’d be seeing red again too. I stand corrected. He’d see a lot more than bronze. No gold, or even silver for that matter, but he’d see a lot of things.

4 minutes ago, JuanMogen said:

If Jordan Burroughs joined the NLWC, he’d be a third stringer. All he’d see is bronze.

Well, he’d see stars too as Mitch Methenbrink clubs the shit out of him. Guess he’d be seeing red again too. I stand corrected. He’d see a lot more than bronze. No gold, or even silver for that matter, but he’d see a lot of things.

Would the spit on him?

13 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

You seem to be getting confused about PSU. They have not had an arrival to PSU. They have arrived at NLWC.

Name of the thread: "Did OTT finally make recruits/fans turn on Penn State?"

Words matter.  The thread is not about everyone that lives in the State College area; it is about "PSU."  Gilman, Dake, Snyder et al did not attend PSU and were mostly finished products when they arrived.  

It is just a weird thing where PSU fans try to claim NLWC guys as Penn Staters.  Iowa never tried to claim Alan Fried, Travis Lamer, etc. when they wrestled for Hawkeye.  Just weird.

15 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

They have arrived at NLWC.

Nick did well but I'm sure hoped to win it all.  However, the Nick Lee Wrestling Club was on fire. 🔥 

🙂

On 4/21/2024 at 3:16 PM, Tom formerly Tofurky said:

I really wish there was parity in the sport, but if you're among the best in this country coming out of high school, why wouldn't a young man consider Penn State University/NLWC as his best option for career longevity?

Parity sucks. Parity is boring. We need a colossus for most of the wrestling fans to rally against. Today PSU is gnawing at Iowa's corpse and buzzards are waiting to feast. But eventually the PSU lion will age, weaken, and be killed in it's own right. Then another predator will rule. 

Old Lion Steals from Young Lion that Stole from Vultures that Stole from  Eagle | Facebook