• Playwire Ad Area

Penn State fans booing Jordan Burroughs

1 hour ago, wrestle87 said:

So, firstly if you are going to engage in an apples to oranges comparison, that’s never going to work.  Leave everything at the door if that’s the game you want to play, bc that’s a big fat bait and switch.

People didn’t give a hootin crap about LSU vs Iowa, they watched because Clark was setting records all time sport records, and was surpassing the records set by the best mens players.  WBB will unfortunately most likely be back to playing on the Ocho next year.  I’d love to be wrong, but the biggest draw will be gone.

I think the best analogy is to compare the trash boosting effect to putting a good high school athlete on a constant heavy tren cycle.  They will murder senior year and find their way onto a college roster, but they start snapping tendons, will spend half their college career in a wheelchair, and will be an orthopedic mess by 30.

The NFL started this process with Brady, constantly needing a QB to have the media fellate, and they are working desperately to have Mahomes step into those shoes.  They are on that ride now, pushing cult of personality instead of organic fan base growth, and they will struggle to get off that merry-go-round.

https://fortune.com/2024/01/10/nfl-ratings-tv-second-highest-ever-football/

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, dragit said:

You wouldn't even boo this?  

Sorry couldn't help myself.

What is the problem? They must be strikes since he called them strikes. 

The bigger issue is worth MLB not being able to get rid of him. 

2 hours ago, JeanGuy said:

What is the problem? They must be strikes since he called them strikes. 

The bigger issue is worth MLB not being able to get rid of him. 

🙂 yep that is a really strong union.

Not sure if it's been discovered elsewhere but I have a guess who it is, but not going to say it yet in case I'm wrong.    If I'm correct, this may sound contradictory but while he is basically a nobody, he's not exactly just some random fan.   The guy I'm thinking of has been in some youtube videos from a "wrestling media" outlet which I think actually does a really good job, but the videos with him in it appear to have been scrubbed from the interwebs, and his X/twitter account (literally with NLWC in the handle) must have been deleted within the past 3 months (probably the past 2 weeks if I had to guess).   

Edited by 1032004

On 4/28/2024 at 11:46 PM, 1032004 said:

Not sure if it's been discovered elsewhere but I have a guess who it is, but not going to say it yet in case I'm wrong.    If I'm correct, this may sound contradictory but while he is basically a nobody, he's not exactly just some random fan.   The guy I'm thinking of has been in some youtube videos from a "wrestling media" outlet which I think actually does a really good job, but the videos with him in it appear to have been scrubbed from the interwebs, and his X/twitter account (literally with NLWC in the handle) must have been deleted within the past 3 months (probably the past 2 weeks if I had to guess).   

Don't hold back. Let's hear it. You speculated that far, might as well give us the name. From a speculation standpoint.

Dylan Palacio claims to know the identity of the heckler and has called him out.  Not sure who I would be rooting for if that match happens.  I'd kind of like to see both of them take an L.

• Pirate 1

1 hour ago, fishbane said:

Dylan Palacio claims to know the identity of the heckler and has called him out.  Not sure who I would be rooting for if that match happens.  I'd kind of like to see both of them take an L.

Got a link to this call out?

7 minutes ago, Winners Circle said:

Got a link to this call out?

It was an Instagram story or whatever but has his name crossed out.  I don’t have Instagram but saw Minnow screenshotted it in his Fb group

20 hours ago, Winners Circle said:

Don't hold back. Let's hear it. You speculated that far, might as well give us the name. From a speculation standpoint.

My guess is it is the guy mentioned in this tweet 

• Brain 1

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Dark Energy said:

Greg Moyer?

Yeah, interestingly the first search result that comes up shows him as being part of a winning foursome at the 2022 NWLC golf tournament, along with Jeff Byers and a popular BWI poster who was kind enough to post the entirety of the #WillieTrials to YouTube

Edited by 1032004

I just searched for a Greg Moyer and Penn State wrestling.  Found a Twitter / X handle that is now an error.  See pic.  Is / was this guy actually officially or semi-officially connected with NLWC?  

Just seems off.  Sure you have the right guy?  Broken twitter page is a bad sign.  But this doesn’t seem like a real wrestling fan, really connected to the sport, would do.

IMG_1390.png

50 minutes ago, Dark Energy said:

I just searched for a Greg Moyer and Penn State wrestling.  Found a Twitter / X handle that is now an error.  See pic.  Is / was this guy actually officially or semi-officially connected with NLWC?  

Just seems off.  Sure you have the right guy?  Broken twitter page is a bad sign.  But this doesn’t seem like a real wrestling fan, really connected to the sport, would do.

IMG_1390.png

I’m not 100% sure, which is why I didn’t name him initially until asked and clarified that is my guess.   I noted the deleted x/twitter account earlier (I assume by “bad sign” you mean good sign it’s him?).

But I’d say I’m about 90% sure.   You can see that x/twitter account posted at least as recently as January based on replies to it, and likely still existed on March 3rd when it was tagged by “NLWC fan.” But the best evidence IMO is that when I looked closer at the video I thought he looked kinda like the guy that had appeared in the BEG podcast, who I know was a PSU homer and FS fan (I believe he reported for them from Worlds in Serbia for example).   But when I went to check the old videos all the ones with him in it have been deleted, despite what looks like most or all of the rest of their old videos still being posted.