• Playwire Ad Area

What programs do kids seem to progress and digress in?

H82Lose

As far as the original topic. I also think certain programs make a point in recruiting kids who they’ve done their homework on.

They look into whether or not the kid is self motivated and taking care of his business. Or is mommy and daddy doing everything for them and making sure little Johnny has everything “just right”

4 hours ago, Formally140 said:

As far as the original topic. I also think certain programs make a point in recruiting kids who they’ve done their homework on.

They look into whether or not the kid is self motivated and taking care of his business. Or is mommy and daddy doing everything for them and making sure little Johnny has everything “just right”

All the top programs will take a Mocco, Lee, Ferrari (before the legal troubles) if they can get them.  They don't care how involved the parents are if the kid can compete for a national title as a true freshman.

5 hours ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

All the top programs will take a Mocco, Lee, Ferrari (before the legal troubles) if they can get them.  They don't care how involved the parents are if the kid can compete for a national title as a true freshman.

Depends on the coach. Many yes. Some no

2 hours ago, Formally140 said:

Depends on the coach. Many yes. Some no

I'm not sure who wouldn't have taken any of those three.  I believe PSU was even after AJ Ferrari.  Also: Mark Hall's father, and perhaps even Taylor's father seemed to have a high degree of involvement in the kid's life.  Nickal?

I will say that the AJ baggage has probably scared some off of the youngest member of the family.

8 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

I'm not sure who wouldn't have taken any of those three.  I believe PSU was even after AJ Ferrari.  Also: Mark Hall's father, and perhaps even Taylor's father seemed to have a high degree of involvement in the kid's life.  Nickal?

I will say that the AJ baggage has probably scared some off of the youngest member of the family.

Brian Smith

2 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Probably correct.  However, he gladly took Askren despite the rumors coming out of Wisconsin that he was a problem and wouldn't pan out.  That was years ago, though.

Rob Koll Too. 

and Taylor’s dad was involved not a psycho. I’m actually pleasantly surprised Hall turned out so well honestly but power to him and his dad

2 minutes ago, Formally140 said:

Rob Koll Too. 

and Taylor’s dad was involved not a psycho. I’m actually pleasantly surprised Hall turned out so well honestly but power to him and his dad

Did Mr. Taylor uproot the family and move from Wyoming to Ohio for David's wrestling?  In the long run, it seems worth it, but also a bit extreme.  He was in Steve Sanderson's club, which has produced a few good wrestlers, so I think he would have been ok where he was.

1 minute ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Did Mr. Taylor uproot the family and move from Wyoming to Ohio for David's wrestling?  In the long run, it seems worth it, but also a bit extreme.  He was in Steve Sanderson's club, which has produced a few good wrestlers, so I think he would have been ok where he was.

I didn’t say it wasn’t extreme. I’m saying the loud sirens going off involving Ferrari were t there.

Finding a place for his sister’s equestrian stuff was a factor too

• Fire 1

2 hours ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Also: Mark Hall's father, and perhaps even Taylor's father seemed to have a high degree of involvement in the kid's life.  Nickal?

2 hours ago, Formally140 said:

Sat next to Taylor's dad one year at Midlands, he was a calm well behaved gentleman.  Always kept my distance from Mocco's dad and brother.  As relayed before was in line at a restaurant with AJ & dad before match his recruiting trip, nice conversation with AJ but ...

One of the three dads above not like the other two but two of the three kids seemed to do well.  

On 12/16/2022 at 4:16 PM, H82Lose said:

Irregardless some programs are not getting kids better. 

might as well pile on with my grammar talents. 

I am curious to see if mendez can continue to get better. 

I got all A's in Russian my sophomore and junior years in high school.  It has helped my with my successes.  Fadz 

• Fire 1

6 hours ago, ionel said:

Sat next to Taylor's dad one year at Midlands, he was a calm well behaved gentleman.  Always kept my distance from Mocco's dad and brother.  As relayed before was in line at a restaurant with AJ & dad before match his recruiting trip, nice conversation with AJ but ...

One of the three dads above not like the other two but two of the three kids seemed to do well.  

I believe it.

I was just naming parents who seem to be extremely involved in their kids athletics... as in a bit "over the top."  

Thanks for sharing your experiences.

1 hour ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

I believe it.

I was just naming parents who seem to be extremely involved in their kids athletics... as in a bit "over the top."  

Thanks for sharing your experiences.

By wrestling dad standards they don’t even break the top 50 for crazy or over the top

14 hours ago, Formally140 said:

By wrestling dad standards they don’t even break the top 50 for crazy or over the top

Never said they did.  The original post said something about coaches avoiding kids with parents who are 'hyper involved.'  I was listing examples.  The goalposts in this thread seem to keep moving...

6 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Never said they did.  The original post said something about coaches avoiding kids with parents who are 'hyper involved.'  I was listing examples.  The goalposts in this thread seem to keep moving...

moving goalposts? Aren't we right on topic? 🤔

di·gress
/dīˈɡres/

verb

1. leave the main subject temporarily in speech or writing.
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

My pardon. They avoid psycho dads more and more

Ben Bennett's dad was a real treat.  Anyone who ever cheered for Ben's opponent got his wrath. 

There was a heavyweight from somewhere recently whose dad nearly went at it with Terry Brands, but I could be wrong about some details there. 

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

On 12/17/2022 at 7:50 AM, Formally140 said:

I didn’t say it wasn’t extreme. I’m saying the loud sirens going off involving Ferrari were t there.

Finding a place for his sister’s equestrian stuff was a factor too

Seems like you would have better luck finding a place for his sisters equestrian career in the cowboy capitol of the world (Wyoming) that you would in Cleveland....