• Playwire Ad Area

App St vs North Carolina

flyingcement

2 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

I secretely really always root for App State if I'm being honest 

If I don't have reason otherwise, I tend to root for the underdog, pretty sure thats App St.

Edited by ionel
  • Fire 1

5 minutes ago, ionel said:

Espn+ shouldn't be regional. 

Don't have it on our cable TV, which is all that I was checking. 

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

Just now, Ban Basketball said:

Don't have it on our cable TV, which is all that I was checking. 

Its not a cable thing the + is an add on to streaming package, you can then watch all Espn on TV, tablet, phone.  A lot of wrestling ACC Big 12 etc is only on the +. 

52 minutes ago, Ban Basketball said:

Must be just a regional thing.  Not showing here in Ioway.

Go into the NCAA Wrestling tab under sports.

If you are like me and enjoy most every sport, it won't filter it to your suggested or upcoming section.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

They are wrestling "rounds" rather than "periods."  Technically both rounds and periods are round.  

I’m taking less of an issue with this as I get older. There’s far more egregious things that get said on streams than this … with regularity. Combat sports have rounds … I don’t use it, but it’s less annoying that using actual words that don’t exist remotely close to the sport.

Insert catchy tagline here. 

Just now, Jason Bryant said:

I’m taking less of an issue with this as I get older. There’s far more egregious things that get said on streams than this … with regularity. Combat sports have rounds … I don’t use it, but it’s less annoying that using actual words that don’t exist remotely close to the sport.

I agree with this, many announcers and coaches started just making up words ~15 years ago.  

App St is good, and John Mark is a great coach. Hell they have a great staff, Ian Miller was one of the best, and then throw in a Patterson for the light weights. I could not believe how many people it showed up to a home dual, there looked like 30 people in the stands.  Again, go to an APP ST home dual, it is standing room only. To me, NC kids faded, as they went into the later periods.  Coleman looks like he is defeated, and at one point App St kids are out of their seats yelling etc...while NC kids, showed not a whole lot of emotion. Obviously, the big match was the Miller kid being Lautt, again, NC kid faded late in the periods. I think 125 starting off with a fall was big also.  Great dual, fun to watch for sure. 

• Fire 1