• Playwire Ad Area

Last Chance Qualifiers - Brackets & Discussion

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, JuanMogen said:

Did Sinclair pull a Chris Weidman on Brands at the end? 

Was it an eye poke? Nelson Brands hit a sweet arm spin in that match. I did not see that coming

• Bob 1

Just now, flyingcement said:

I'm not a very patriotic person, but wearing a French national jersey is kinda weird during an American World Team Trial tournament...

Agreed that it is super lame. Carrol showed that French lover what America is all about. In all seriousness Carrol looked really good. 

• Bob 1

Just now, Gus said:

Was it an eye poke? Nelson Brands hit a sweet arm spin in that match. I did not see that coming

Looked like he tried to get knuckle deep into the eye socket. Then buried a shot into his gut after time is up. Brands looked composed despite all of this.

That last sentence has never been uttered and probably never will again. 

• Bob 1
  • Fire 1
  • Haha 1

Bassett looks incredibly sloppy when he's not smothering guys with his frantic pace.  Arms all over the place, poor situational awareness there in that final.  

Forrest looks like a natural.  Was more comfortable than NATO in every position there.  

1 minute ago, steamboat_charlie said:

Bassett looks incredibly sloppy when he's not smothering guys with his frantic pace.  Arms all over the place, poor situational awareness there in that final.  

Forrest looks like a natural.  Was more comfortable than NATO in every position there.  

he has shown at times a real inability to not let guys get in clean on his legs. He seems to make up for that 95% of the time by just always closing space and not letting them get off their offense but that kinda felt like his who's 1 final against zapeda. None the less hes 17 and beat a national champ so incredibly bright future.

31 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

I'm not a very patriotic person, but wearing a French national jersey is kinda weird during an American World Team Trial tournament...

A lot of people wore singlets for other countries. We're these singlets that belonged to coaches of theirs?   Knox had Belarus 

different styles free and folk but the kid has 2 years in change left of high school do we think Jax has the best shot since Stieber/Dt of matching caels 4titles undefeated?

Jax knocking off NATO is insane. How the hell is that kid so good? Is he also one of the sophomores who's 17/18 or normal age? 

For Bo Bassett and the chemicals speculation, don't think he has any of the typical signs of somebody using roids. Not even particularly muscular from what I've seen. Maybe EPO if he's at the Treigning Lab with Dillashaw and DT. 

2 minutes ago, pokemonster said:

Jax knocking off NATO is insane. How the hell is that kid so good? Is he also one of the sophomores who's 17/18 or normal age? 

For Bo Bassett and the chemicals speculation, don't think he has any of the typical signs of somebody using roids. Not even particularly muscular from what I've seen. Maybe EPO if he's at the Treigning Lab with Dillashaw and DT. 

I believe Jax turned 17 in October/November. I think its crazy to accuse a kid of PED's if he is its all on his parents which is a shame but I think its possible he had just been cutting weight and now hes focused on growing he went from 113-132/138 quickly at the end of last season into the end of the summer but since then hes kinda just been growing into that weight hes definitely undersized still for 65kg.

8 minutes ago, Truzzcat said:

I believe Jax turned 17 in October/November. I think its crazy to accuse a kid of PED's if he is its all on his parents which is a shame but I think its possible he had just been cutting weight and now hes focused on growing he went from 113-132/138 quickly at the end of last season into the end of the summer but since then hes kinda just been growing into that weight hes definitely undersized still for 65kg.

That's wild, and I agree, nothing about looking at them screams PEDs to me. Just damn good. And as far as age goes, these kids seem like they're ready for NCAAs now. I selfishly hope they skip a grade and get in the mix ASAP. Plus, their senior years they'll be absolutely smoking everyone. 

37 minutes ago, ScarletKnight said:

A lot of people wore singlets for other countries. We're these singlets that belonged to coaches of theirs?   Knox had Belarus 

I assume they swapped with other wrestlers at international tournaments. For example McDanel won the Deglane in France back in January so I assume he got it there.

I don’t see the problem with it as it’s just an OTT qualifier, not OTTs. 

However I might make an exception for Knox’s Belarus singlet, since they are banned for invading Ukraine. If Belarusians can’t wear a BLR singlet should/can anyone else? Probably would have been better to leave that singlet at home.

• Bob 2

45 minutes ago, Truzzcat said:

he has shown at times a real inability to not let guys get in clean on his legs. He seems to make up for that 95% of the time by just always closing space and not letting them get off their offense but that kinda felt like his who's 1 final against zapeda. None the less hes 17 and beat a national champ so incredibly bright future.

No question about his potential, he's going to be a complete menace.  I was just surprised at the stark contrast between the two matches in terms of some of his flaws being easily exploited.  

4 minutes ago, BAC said:

I assume they swapped with other wrestlers at international tournaments. For example McDanel won the Deglane in France back in January so I assume he got it there.

I don’t see the problem with it as it’s just an OTT qualifier, not OTTs. 

However I might make an exception for Knox’s Belarus singlet, since they are banned for invading Ukraine. If Belarusians can’t wear a BLR singlet should/can anyone else? Probably would have been better to leave that singlet at home.

Knox is committed to Cornell.  Cornell's Vito Arujau was born in Belarus.  Connect the dots.

• Clown 1

I guess Stanich’s loss to Forrest at Mat Town in SV doesn’t look so bad anymore.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

20 minutes ago, BigRedFan said:

Knox is committed to Cornell.  Cornell's Vito Arujau was born in Belarus.  Connect the dots.

You’re answering a question I didn’t ask.