• Playwire Ad Area

Last Chance Qualifiers - Brackets & Discussion

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

49 minutes ago, Truzzcat said:

I believe Jax turned 17 in October/November. I think its crazy to accuse a kid of PED's if he is its all on his parents which is a shame but I think its possible he had just been cutting weight and now hes focused on growing he went from 113-132/138 quickly at the end of last season into the end of the summer but since then hes kinda just been growing into that weight hes definitely undersized still for 65kg.

Forrest was at 127lbs all this last season. 57kg is clearly the right weight for him and that’s where he went. Not sure what fluctuating you are talking about. He doesn’t look particularly strong but clearly he is, and his technique is just so on point.

Bassett was at 138 all year, but I think he was more of a 132lber, and was wrestling up to make room for Mason Gibson. When he entered college tournaments this season it was at 133. I think it’s pretty clear he would have gone 61kg if it was a weight class, unless he grew a bunch in the past couple months. In any case, he is plainly at a strength disadvantage with the 65kg guys. I think it likely made a difference in the Kolodzik match. 

• Bob 1

1 hour ago, ScarletKnight said:

A lot of people wore singlets for other countries. We're these singlets that belonged to coaches of theirs?   Knox had Belarus 

I missed that.  At least the French helped us against the British in the American Revolution.  Belarus would be far less welcome on a singlet lol.  

But I'm not actually upset about it - I was just surprised by it.  I guess respect for another person can transcend politics in a way that I should be happy about.  

• Bob 1

Just now, BAC said:

Forrest was at 127lbs all this last season. 57kg is clearly the right weight for him and that’s where he went. Not sure what fluctuating you are talking about. He doesn’t look particularly strong but clearly he is, and his technique is just so on point.

Bassett was at 138 all year, but I think he was more of a 132lber, and was wrestling up to make room for Mason Gibson. When he entered college tournaments this season it was at 133. I think it’s pretty clear he would have gone 61kg if it was a weight class, unless he grew a bunch in the past couple months. In any case, he is plainly at a strength disadvantage with the 65kg guys. I think it likely made a difference in the Kolodzik match. 

I was just referring to Bo he wrestled 114 last season then 51kg at u17's then jumped up to 138 for who's 1 and has been there since 

I loved Bo's performance.  Great wins for a young guy in a tough tournament. 
The Valencia win is the most impressive, he's committed to becoming an elite Freestyler. 
The Ashnault win is fun because we can say "national champion" but let's be honest. He really hasn't transitioned to freestyle all too well, he was never going to make it a full match (He needed to get a lace or something early to have a chance), he's on his way out (I assume 1 foot out the door realizing how far he is from a shot at a world team *See Eiermen)... And Bo is a great freestlyer, and hungry, a cadet world champ, blah blah blah.....  
PEDs SCHMEEE-EDs.... just Clubber Lang vs Rocky the first time

• Fire 2

away from Bo and Jax I thought Christian Carroll looked outstanding he may be able to push for top 5 at trials and could be an absolute monster at a pretty cleared out 197 next year.

• Bob 1
  • Stalling 1

4 hours ago, Truzzcat said:

different styles free and folk but the kid has 2 years in change left of high school do we think Jax has the best shot since Stieber/Dt of matching caels 4titles undefeated?

2015 world team trials Anthony Valencia has entered the chat

• Bob 1
  • Haha 1

i am an idiot on the internet

7 hours ago, Spladle08 said:

Hahahah he is the epitome of paint drying. 

I wonder if Carroll will go down to 197 for next season. He's just too small for HWT

Carroll's dad responded to one of my posts earlier today on another forum and said

"He will be at 197 for sure next season". End quote. He will be lean and mean, he looked fantastic today, sharp and quick as hell.

• Bob 1
  • Fire 1

7 minutes ago, Ahap88 said:

Carroll's dad responded to one of my posts earlier today on another forum and said

"He will be at 197 for sure next season". End quote. He will be lean and mean, he looked fantastic today, sharp and quick as hell.

Carroll’s go behind when he was in that chest wrap position in the finals was a thing of beauty. 

19 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

2015 world team trials Anthony Valencia has entered the chat

Jax Forrest is really, really good but we can’t forget that he just lost to another high schooler (that is not particularly highly ranked) a month or so ago. He also has dropped some other matches over the last couple of years. His style is wide open offense and he is likely to be a point scoring machine at the next level. He will be fun to watch. Seems like a great kid as well. 

4 hours ago, flyingcement said:

I missed that.  At least the French helped us against the British in the American Revolution.  Belarus would be far less welcome on a singlet lol.  

But I'm not actually upset about it - I was just surprised by it.  I guess respect for another person can transcend politics in a way that I should be happy about.  

My North Korean singlet is my lucky singlet. I put it on when I need that little extra to win a match. 

50 minutes ago, Ahap88 said:

I know another wrestler today who was lean and mean. Took down Jax too. 

1 hour ago, Ahap88 said:

He was terrifying today.  He's going to be an immediate D1 force.

Pretty stoked over Jaron Smith's victory over Jacob Bullock at last chance. They split in college, but Jacob had seemingly separated after their last match (a win for Jacob).

I would be curious how Jaron does at 97 KG, though. He is muscular, but not big at 125 KG.

• Bob 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

Just watched the Forest vs Tomasello final … wrecking ball is right. Wow.  That was a butt kicking.  Started with a sweet counter shot that was a fireman’s!  Executed so well. Then another TD off a slide by I think.  

Tomasello seemed to not have any idea of the risk he was in on that last 4.  Forest knew it and launched him.  

Really impressed

• Fire 1

17 hours ago, BAC said:

I assume they swapped with other wrestlers at international tournaments. For example McDanel won the Deglane in France back in January so I assume he got it there.

I don’t see the problem with it as it’s just an OTT qualifier, not OTTs. 

However I might make an exception for Knox’s Belarus singlet, since they are banned for invading Ukraine. If Belarusians can’t wear a BLR singlet should/can anyone else? Probably would have been better to leave that singlet at home.

Agree with all of this.

Forrest also wore a France one against Rodriguez.

16 hours ago, BigRedFan said:

Knox is committed to Cornell.  Cornell's Vito Arujau was born in Belarus.  Connect the dots.

Lol this seems like a stretch.  Has Vito ever even worn a Belarus singlet in a competition?

Edited by 1032004

4 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Pretty stoked over Jaron Smith's victory over Jacob Bullock at last chance. They split in college, but Jacob had seemingly separated after their last match (a win for Jacob).

I would be curious how Jaron does at 97 KG, though. He is muscular, but not big at 125 KG.

I was very surprised to see someone other than Jordan Wood win this bracket. I thought he was head and shoulders above the rest but I was clearly wrong.

• Bob 1

25 minutes ago, Gus said:

I was very surprised to see someone other than Jordan Wood win this bracket. I thought he was head and shoulders above the rest but I was clearly wrong.

He looked off in every match.  He was out of position far too often and waddling around.  I am curious if he had to cut too much weight to make weight or if he might have had some sort of injury that kept him out of both the Farrell and Senior Nats.  He has typically been a guy to go to most tournaments.

• Bob 1

Unless Eierman retires from competition, I think he should consider giving 70 KG a proper go.  He was clearly out of it at 65 KG.  If his aim is to wrestle for an Olympic spot proper, he needs to head to 74 KG.