• Playwire Ad Area

Masoumi to your college

stealyphil223

2 minutes ago, stealyphil223 said:

If 18 year old heavyweight from Iran Masoumi was added to your favorite college teams roster right now, how do you think he'd do for his NCAA career?  

Is he fluent in English?  If not, it would be very hard to become immediately eligible.

Craig Henning got screwed in the 2007 NCAA Finals.

13 minutes ago, jchapman said:

Is he fluent in English?  If not, it would be very hard to become immediately eligible.

Probably not, also he is from Iran, so none if this is actually going to happen.  More of a question about how he'd do in folkstyle as a heavyweight.  Guy is going to win a lot of world medals in FS.  

10 minutes ago, jchapman said:

Huh? I'm obviously missing something. 

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

2 minutes ago, MPhillips said:

Iranian Giant.

I meant the exclusion because of his not being fluent in English.

Still think I'm missing something. 

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

3 minutes ago, MPhillips said:

Is it the word, "fluent" in this instance?

I've just never heard of a requirement for colleges that people have to be able to speak English to be eligible. 

I could name 4,054 people who've gone to U.S. colleges,  sports and otherwise,  who were not fluent in English. 

STILL must be missing something. 

Edited by Ban Basketball

Just now, Ban Basketball said:

I've just never heard of a requirement for colleges that people have to be able to speak English to be eligible. 

I could name 4,054 people who've gone to U.S. colleges,  sports and otherwise,  who were not fluent in English. 

Can you name them in a  list in a post...alphabetical order. Thanks. 

• Fire 1
  • Haha 2

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

6 minutes ago, D3 for LU said:

I would think, that you want to be at least conversant in English, so you could carry out some basic needs, like...

"I WOULD LIKE TO PURCHASE SOME BUTTER and CHEESE, please."  😉

D3

or to ask a basic question like:

"Why did I get an F on my English exam?"

• Fire 1
  • Haha 2

42 minutes ago, Ban Basketball said:

STILL must be missing something. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Test_of_English_as_a_Foreign_Language

• Fire 1

5 minutes ago, 98lberEating2Lunches said:

He'd be a multiple AA and win one or two championships after a grayshirt, redshirt, and Olympic redshirt.

He'd have plenty of tudors and an appropriate course load to ensure his eligibility.

(Somebody had to throw the OP a bone.)

200.gif

Edited by jchapman
  • Fire 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, stealyphil223 said:

If 18 year old heavyweight from Iran Masoumi was added to your favorite college teams roster right now, how do you think he'd do for his NCAA career?  

He has a little streak of mean in him from whistle to whistle, but not before or after. I like it.

He would manhandle some guys.

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

3 hours ago, stealyphil223 said:

He'd win nearly as many matches at a single NCAA as the current starter will rack up in 4 combined tourneys (currently at 2 wins in 2 appearances)

i am an idiot on the internet

I think current Top 4 and maybe Davison and Hendrickson give him fits in Folkstyle.

Less so with Schultz, maybe?  He wont stall waddle his way to a win against Masoumi.  Masoumi is bigger than him. 

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

Okie State had that Russian heavyweight a decade ago with legit freestyle creds.  Gelogaev I think, aka "Z."  I wanna say he took 3rd at Russian Nationals and did well here, had some insanely slick stuff, and I'm pretty sure he AA'd a couple times, but was capped by his limitations on top and bottom (and injuries).  I'd expect about the same from Masoumi, though I don't doubt he could finish on top of the podium if he had long enough to work out the kinks in his top/bottom game.

3 hours ago, Husker_Du said:

you're a professor, you could name 4,054 foreign students, and you never heard of TOEFL? 

I'm not a professor by title,  but it's not used at our school, and I've seen several who weren't fluent in English.

That's why I've never heard of it. 

Edited by Ban Basketball