• Playwire Ad Area

David Carr's new role

2 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

I am so confused. Is it bad whiskey?

Let's just say Connor McGregor should've stuck to MMA.

(I'm going to keep speaking elliptically until you get it!)

• Bob 1

On 4/5/2024 at 7:40 PM, Hammerlock3 said:

was there ever a more blatant example of corruption than when they recruited him right as they gave his dad a job.....

I didn't even look at pages 2-4, but I think it was a great move....David going to ISU where his dad became a 3 time NCAA Champions and Olympic Bronze Medalist.  And for Nate to come along as coach of their regional training center was a very smart move.....Nate is very good technically (I learned a number of things from him myself), he has a great personality....has a lot to offer the program.

Edited by Fadzaev2

8 minutes ago, Fadzaev2 said:

I didn't even look at pages 2-4, but I think it was a great move....David going to ISU where his dad became a 3 time NCAA Champions and Olympic Bronze Medalist.  And for Nate to come along as coach of their regional training center was a very smart move.....Nate is very good technically (I learned a number of things from him myself), he has a great personality....has a lot to offer the program.

I lot of people agree with you. I'll confess I feel softer on the subject then when i started, though I still think "corrupt" isn't too strong a word.

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

On 4/6/2024 at 9:03 AM, 1032004 said:

Doesn’t Daton have younger siblings?

I believe he has one who graduated Medical School and completed his residency two years ago and another who was Johnny Thompson's backup at Okie St.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Fadzaev2 said:

Nate is fantastic.  Just a great guy and a great teacher.  Fantastic technique, especially his duck series.  You can see a lot of Nate Carr in Kurt Angle and Cary Kolat.

• Bob 1

On 4/7/2024 at 5:53 PM, Hammerlock3 said:

I lot of people agree with you. I'll confess I feel softer on the subject then when i started, though I still think "corrupt" isn't too strong a word.

Nate was a great hire....had a lot to offer, AND, he's one of the most decorated ISU alum's of all time.  Nate's had an opportunity to coach David since he was young.  This was a "win-win" for ISU and the Carr's.  From a distance, it looked like Nate always let the ISU staff....Dresser, Metcalf and company coach David.......Nate was never "in the way".  Great man/great son/great family.  

19 minutes ago, Fadzaev2 said:

Nate was a great hire....had a lot to offer, AND, he's one of the most decorated ISU alum's of all time.  Nate's had an opportunity to coach David since he was young.  This was a "win-win" for ISU and the Carr's.  From a distance, it looked like Nate always let the ISU staff....Dresser, Metcalf and company coach David.......Nate was never "in the way".  Great man/great son/great family.  

I've had the opportunity to work some camps with Nate, as well as share some meals and hear some great stories.  He just has a great way about him.  You can't help but be energized in Nate Carr's presence.  

• Bob 1

5 hours ago, Fadzaev2 said:

yeah yeah only saints involved I've heard.

• Bob 1

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."