• Playwire Ad Area

David Carr's new role

43 minutes ago, Hammerlock3 said:

so you think hiring a recruits father at a pivotal time is ok if they are "qualified"(according to who and for what would be my quetion), but not if they aren't?

And I can't speak for headshuck, but how can you justify saying he "clearly" made it up?

Why would it be a probably to hire a very qualified coach just because their child is a stud wrestler?

7 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

First question. Yes.

Second question. A couple of reasons. Hall announced live on Flo that he was verbally committing to PSU. You do not have a live announcement on Flo if you have already committed elsewhere. And the article he posted talked about J Robinson calling out Hall for choosing to go to the Olympic training center and for committing to PSU. 

Fair enough on question #1

#2 why couldn't he verbal to Minny and then change his mind?

J Rob's comments don't make any sense unless he did verbal and back out.

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

2 minutes ago, Gus said:

Why would it be a probably to hire a very qualified coach just because their child is a stud wrestler?

because if the position wasn't being leveraged corruptly it might have gone to someone else.

1 hour ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

I have no doubt there are sleazy practices, but hiring a clearly qualified coach who has a top rated son is opportuniistic, not sleazy. If Nate Carr was not qualified I would feel differently. The Hall claim was just flat out stupid. And I do not know what to make of recruiting with regard to Kerkvliet given the number of times he flipped and flopped. 

People are happy to talk about theories, rumors, and their personal grudges like they are fact. You, for example, were willing to accept @headshuck's clearly made up claims at face value.

Did Derek Fix have any qualifications besides coaching Daton before being named head coach of the Cowboy RTC?

Although to be honest, my bigger question is why wasn’t he fired for having PED’s in an unmarked bottle in a house with kids in it, but I digress 

3 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Did Derek Fix have any qualifications besides coaching Daton before being named head coach of the Cowboy RTC?

Although to be honest, my bigger question is why wasn’t he fired for having PED’s in an unmarked bottle in a house with kids in it, but I digress 

You will notice I did not include him in my list.

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

12 minutes ago, Hammerlock3 said:

Fair enough on question #1

#2 why couldn't he verbal to Minny and then change his mind?

J Rob's comments don't make any sense unless he did verbal and back out.

He could. But I go back to my prior statement about having a live event on Flo to announce that he picked Penn State OVER his other finalists, including Minnesota, Ohio State, Arizona State, and Wisconsin. You don't have five finalists if you have already committed to one school. It is clear that he had not committed at that point. Had he already committed the Flo event would have been to announce his change of mind. 

8 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

It is clear that he had not committed at that point. Had he already committed the Flo event would have been to announce his change of mind. 

unless he didn't want people to think he backed out on his verbal....

3 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

If Mark Hall verbals in the woods and no one hears it, does he make a sound?

so are you saying no one back out on verbal commitments, or that it doesn't matter if they do?

I believe there are many shades of grey in understanding and assumptions when it could come to something like this.  Robinson could have believed he was coming when that was never an explicit intention. And maybe that's okay on both sides. 

6 minutes ago, Hammerlock3 said:

so are you saying no one back out on verbal commitments, or that it doesn't matter if they do?

I have not said either of those things. I have said Mark Hall is a bad example of corruption in recruiting. I am also saying any claims that Mark Hall's situation was similar to David Carr's is ludicrous.

As to verbals, they have no meaning. The NCAA is very clear on this and coaches perfectly understand this. Until that NLI is signed it means nothing. And coaches prefer it this way because it gives them great flexibility. This is not a system designed by students, for students. So anyone complaining about changing a verbal commitment doesn't have much of a complaint.

9 hours ago, 1032004 said:

Pretty sure he wasn't hired by the university.  Universities are equal opportunity employees.  And what "kids?" 

9 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

If Mark Hall verbals in the woods and no one hears it, does he make a sound?

Woods went to Stanford then NIL'd $s to Iowa, what does that have to do with Minny P-St?  Let's get real here. 

• Fire 1

9 minutes ago, ionel said:

Pretty sure he wasn't hired by the university.  Universities are equal opportunity employees.  And what "kids?" 

Doesn’t Daton have younger siblings?

2 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

still “teenage” in 2024

https://tulsaworld.com/sports/college/osu/daton-fix-oklahoma-state-wrestling-career/article_62f960f0-e694-11ee-8703-3b464a0bbb4a.html

Yet that pales in comparison to what Fix means to his family, especially his younger teenage siblings

Ok but do coaches ever keep beer or guns in their private homes with teenage or younger kids around?  

Also is it a PED to Derek?  I was always more disturbed by Chris Perry's link to the whole matter.  

6 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Check Derek Fix’s public Facebook profile 

I don’t know about faceboot, but I had the impression that Daton’s father and both grandfathers were college wrestlers and coaches. 

6 minutes ago, ionel said:

Ok but do coaches ever keep beer or guns in their private homes with teenage or younger kids around?  

Also is it a PED to Derek?  I was always more disturbed by Chris Perry's link to the whole matter.  

Might be comparable if they left water bottles filled with vodka around.

But we all know it wasn’t actually Derek’s, and probably wasn’t even in an unmarked water bottle.

Edited by 1032004

2 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Might be comparable if they left water bottles filled with vodka around.

But we all know it wasn’t actually Derek’s, and probably wasn’t even in an unmarked water bottle.

Who’s was it?