• Playwire Ad Area

David Carr's new role

was there ever a more blatant example of corruption than when they recruited him right as they gave his dad a job.....

That sounds similar to when PSU recruited Mark Hall after committing to his dream team Minnesota.

30 minutes ago, headshuck said:

That sounds similar to when PSU recruited Mark Hall after committing to his dream team Minnesota.

PSU does that constantly. Nolf has talked about it, Kerk committed to two school before PSU...

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

42 minutes ago, headshuck said:

11 minutes ago, Hammerlock3 said:

PSU does that constantly. Nolf has talked about it, Kerk committed to two school before PSU...

I don't recall any of Hall's, Nolf's, or Kerkvliet's fathers coaching at PSU. Did I miss something?

• Bob 2

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

6 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

I don't recall any of Hall's, Nolf's, or Kerkvliet's fathers coaching at PSU. Did I miss something?

yeah they're all on staff....no i was referring to what headsuck alluded to, the practice of recruiting committed kids. And i shouldn't have called out PSU its common practice.

Edited by Hammerlock3

2 minutes ago, Hammerlock3 said:

yeah they're all on staff....no i was referring to the practice of recruiting committed kids. And i shouldn't have called out PSU its common practice.

I can't find anything that says Hall ever committed to Minnesota. The only thing I found said he announced his choice of PSU over Minnesota, Ohio State, ASU, and Wisconsin live on Flo.

• Bob 1

2 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

I can't find anything that says Hall ever committed to Minnesota. The only thing I found said he announced his choice of PSU over Minnesota, Ohio State, ASU, and Wisconsin live on Flo.

well i didn't reference that myself, in fact i hadn't heard it, i was referring to what headshuck said.

If I had to guess, I'd bet headshuck had some knowledge of Hall giving a verbal commitment and not living up to it.

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Hammerlock3 said:

yeah they're all on staff....no i was referring to what headsuck alluded to, the practice of recruiting committed kids. And i shouldn't have called out PSU its common practice.

Didn't Fix's dad get a Strength and Conditioning position or something like that at OSU when Daton signed?

• Bob 1

3 minutes ago, wrestle87 said:

Didn't Fix's dad get a Strength and Conditioning position or something like that at OSU when Daton signed?

now that you mention it, i remember something like that doing down.

4 minutes ago, JuanMogen said:

David Carr’s booger will be the glue that holds it all together. 

"Last impressions are lasting impressions" and in spite of winning the title all I can remember is that snot hanging

17 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

"Last impressions are lasting impressions" and in spite of winning the title all I can remember is that snot hanging

Well, at least we know where the gold is coming from...

• Haha 1
  • Jagger 1

well i didn't reference that myself, in fact i hadn't heard it, i was referring to what headshuck said.
If I had to guess, I'd bet headshuck had some knowledge of Hall giving a verbal commitment and not living up to it.

There were many stories about Mark Hall joining the Gophers, then it all changed. This story is kind of a mess. The stories leading up to it are lost in internet history.

https://usatodayhss.com/2016/mark-hall-wins-sixth-minnesota-state-title-and-now-has-eyes-on-olympics

18 minutes ago, headshuck said:

There were many stories about Mark Hall joining the Gophers, then it all changed. This story is kind of a mess. The stories leading up to it are lost in internet history.

https://usatodayhss.com/2016/mark-hall-wins-sixth-minnesota-state-title-and-now-has-eyes-on-olympics

Your article literally says the opposite. He used J Robinson's criticism as motivation. Minnesota was clearly never his dream team.

14 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Your article literally says the opposite. He used J Robinson's criticism as motivation. Minnesota was clearly never his dream team.

forgive me for asking a question from the suspicious corner of my mind, but you seem skeptical about pretty much every claim of sleazy recruiting practices in this thread, is that the case?

16 minutes ago, Hammerlock3 said:

forgive me for asking a question from the suspicious corner of my mind, but you seem skeptical about pretty much every claim of sleazy recruiting practices in this thread, is that the case?

I have no doubt there are sleazy practices, but hiring a clearly qualified coach who has a top rated son is opportuniistic, not sleazy. If Nate Carr was not qualified I would feel differently. The Hall claim was just flat out stupid. And I do not know what to make of recruiting with regard to Kerkvliet given the number of times he flipped and flopped. 

People are happy to talk about theories, rumors, and their personal grudges like they are fact. You, for example, were willing to accept @headshuck's clearly made up claims at face value.

• Bob 1
  • Brain 1

2 hours ago, Hammerlock3 said:

Hall never gave any kind of public verbal to Minnesota.  Kerkvliet did commit to MN very early, like 10th grade I think, but changed his mind when he outgrew 197 and Gable also committed.

• Bob 1

17 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

I have no doubt there are sleazy practices, but hiring a clearly qualified coach who has a top rated son is opportuniistic, not sleazy. If Nate Carr was not qualified I would feel differently. The Hall claim was just flat out stupid. And I do not know what to make of recruiting with regard to Kerkvliet given the number of times he flipped and flopped. 

People are happy to talk about theories, rumors, and their personal grudges like they are fact. You, for example, were willing to accept @headshuck's clearly made up claims at face value.

so you think hiring a recruits father at a pivotal time is ok if they are "qualified"(according to who and for what would be my quetion), but not if they aren't?

And I can't speak for headshuck, but how can you justify saying he "clearly" made it up?

31 minutes ago, Hammerlock3 said:

so you think hiring a recruits father at a pivotal time is ok if they are "qualified"(according to who and for what would be my quetion), but not if they aren't?

And I can't speak for headshuck, but how can you justify saying he "clearly" made it up?

First question. Yes.

Second question. A couple of reasons. Hall announced live on Flo that he was verbally committing to PSU. You do not have a live announcement on Flo if you have already committed elsewhere. And the article he posted talked about J Robinson calling out Hall for choosing to go to the Olympic training center and for committing to PSU. 

• Bob 1