• Playwire Ad Area

Olympic Trials State College Guide

On 3/26/2024 at 11:18 PM, stealyphil223 said:

Never been to State College, going for the trials.  Anyone have some recommendations on best places to go to eat, drink, any places that are must see? 

Get some ice cream at the creamery

Never been to State College, going for the trials.  Anyone have some recommendations on best places to go to eat, drink, any places that are must see? 

the field has very good burgers but its in toftrees resort which will likely be absolutely packed. champs is a cool bar but its more of a college vibe federal taphouse and voodoo brewing are going to be a more adult crowd and also have very good food. If you just want something quick id highly recommend el Jeffes its like chipotle but significantly better. Toftrees is gonna be about 10-12min from BJC same with voodoo and then the others I mentioned are all in walking distance.

Depends if you are looking at walking and being in downtown or open to other places. Most all of these spots are within 5-miles of the BJC.

The downtown bar scene is what you would expect in a college town. A new place just opened on Allen Street haven't been there myself but it looks like a good space.

food beyond the typical bar fare in town - Central Reservation | State College's Newest Bar, Local Whiskey | State College's Premier Whiskey Bar (localwhiskeybar.com) both near the corner of Beaver and Allen are pretty respectable. Allen Street Grill cocktails + dining and The Tavern Restaurant - State College, PA will dig a little deeper into your pocket but both are pretty good.

Driving out of town I would say Champs Sports Grill | State College's Best Sports BarHOME | Happy Valley Brew Co (happyvalleybeer.com)Otto's Pub and Brewery | Craft Brewery | 2235 North Atherton Street, State College, PA USA (ottospubandbrewery.com), and Barrel 21 Distillery & Dining | craft spirits | 2255 North Atherton Street, State College, PA, USA are all pretty decent.

There are others that I have missed but this is a good place to start. Others will I am sure have other spots.

• Bob 1