• Playwire Ad Area

Performance vs Seed: Cardinal Is Not Just A Color Anymore and Trees CAN Wrestle Edition

• Shane Griffith is credited with saving Stanford wrestling with his 2021 title. It took 5 Stanford wrestlers to try and save a whole conference. Massive over performance by the men in cardinal.
  • Revenge of the nerds. Thank you Northwestern for showing the Midwest Brainiacs have as much brawn as the West Coast Men of Mensa. I will be especially excited if a wrestler with taped up glass finally brings home the title by calculating on his slide rule the perfect angle of attack in between periods. Even better if the refs call him over to explain the rules during a video review.
  • The Midshipmen of Navy are more buoyant than Molly Brown. Their 5 wrestlers wrestled a combined 31 slots over their heads. I will sleep well tonight knowing these men protect us.
  • Noticeably missing from the list are the elites. Shame on you PSU, Cornell, Michigan, and Iowa State. You may get team trophies form the NCAA...well not Iowa State, but still...but you receive no praise here.

image.png.83733106ff6906e2ba8be81bb81fab7e.png

• For this, I treated anyone losing in the blood round as finishing 9th, losing in the previous as finishing 13th, etc.
  • I also treated any seed below 8 in a similar fashion. If you were seeded 12th, that was treated like ninth, etc.
  • In that way anyone seed in the blood round group of 9-12 who finishes in the blood round gets a zero (met their seed). The same for anyone seeded 13-16 who loses in the round of 16, etc.
  • As a result, the total does not add up to zero.
  • Brain 1

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge