• Playwire Ad Area

Bo has issues with Burroughs’ commentary

1 hour ago, Doublehalf said:

Funny watching these guys go at Burroughs.... You'd think at this point in his career it would just be a lot of respect towards him regardless if you're a competitor in the same weight class or not considering he's basically on the wrestling Mt Rushmore...

My personal opinion is Starocci could win all the NCAA titles he wants, he'll never be close to the international wrestler that JB is... This is one of those times where you just take the high road but build your brand and all that blah  blah blah...

and neither are winning the spot lol

its dake's to lose

On 3/25/2024 at 9:41 AM, TNwrestling said:

Personally I think Bo’s being a baby about it. Jordan didn’t say to try and break carters leg at the knee. He just said he should target his shots to the leg with a brace on it. And what coach wouldn’t say EXACTLY the same thing?

This 💯%

On 3/25/2024 at 8:52 AM, MedicineMan said:

Wait, isn't that the NICE thing to do?  Attack the wounded leg?  Leaving him his good leg for support?  I'd attack his good leg and make him hop around on the crippled one.

Ben Askren disagrees 

• Bob 1

Last year, Gabe Arnold got into with Starocci on X when in HS and Starroci took issue with it, now Starocci is calling out JB (for answering a question on the air) before accomplishing anything on the senior level...  Hypocrisy much. 

18 hours ago, Doublehalf said:

Funny watching these guys go at Burroughs.... You'd think at this point in his career it would just be a lot of respect towards him regardless if you're a competitor in the same weight class or not considering he's basically on the wrestling Mt Rushmore...

My personal opinion is Starocci could win all the NCAA titles he wants, he'll never be close to the international wrestler that JB is... This is one of those times where you just take the high road but build your brand and all that blah  blah blah...

I’m sorry is JB above criticism? I’ve been seeing this weird ass take about how no one can criticize Burroughs bc ? hes good at wrestling? Weird take considering the same weekend JB fanboys starting dropping from the sky to talk about “ garbage “, “overrated” or washed up Bo Nickal and starocci, these same people thought it was great and hilarious when Ragusin called John Smith a whiny ducking bitch . You can respect JB wrestling and also acknowledge he makes everything about himself , Jordan Burroughs loves him some Jordan Burroughs , he referred himself as the goat atleast 3 times while announcing over the weekend . Idk if most of you realize but JB is not liked by most of his peers and never has been and I keep seeing how he signs autographs for the kids which is great but he was also the guy charging downright offensive amount of $$ to do camps for years so the least he could do is sign some autographs for the kids 

Do you have any evidence to back up this claim that starocci won’t have a great international career ? Idk how long he hangs around wrestling before fighting but He’s a better wrestler at age 23 then JB and Taylor were at the same age , he’s had unreal success at every level of wrestling , has the best coaches and partners to train with in the world and the non stop obsessive desire to be the best that you need to be a world champ.. Granted it’s a lot harder to make a team now then in 2012 (JB had to beat Howe to make his first team) , Carter has to go through all timers like JB, Dake and Nolf just to get on the team but if anyone is mentally prepared to make that next jump it’s Starocci 

5 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

I’m sorry is JB above criticism?

No. But he is being "criticized" here because DC asked him a question and he gave an honest answer.   I guess, Bo and the PSU crowd can't enjoy having two 4-timers and setting the team record so they need to whine about something.  Seriously, it was one throw away line that wouldn't have gotten much attention until Bo decided to call it out. 

JB is a ruthless competitor, he isn't trying to be miss congeniality and well liked by his peers.  But he is good for the sport.

Feel free to criticize him, just have an actual complaint and not "his answer to the question wasn't nice and made my feelings hurt" because people are pushing back on that one.

• Bob 2

27 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

I’m sorry is JB above criticism? I’ve been seeing this weird ass take about how no one can criticize Burroughs bc ? hes good at wrestling? Weird take considering the same weekend JB fanboys starting dropping from the sky to talk about “ garbage “, “overrated” or washed up Bo Nickal and starocci, these same people thought it was great and hilarious when Ragusin called John Smith a whiny ducking bitch . You can respect JB wrestling and also acknowledge he makes everything about himself , Jordan Burroughs loves him some Jordan Burroughs , he referred himself as the goat atleast 3 times while announcing over the weekend . Idk if most of you realize but JB is not liked by most of his peers and never has been and I keep seeing how he signs autographs for the kids which is great but he was also the guy charging downright offensive amount of $$ to do camps for years so the least he could do is sign some autographs for the kids 

Do you have any evidence to back up this claim that starocci won’t have a great international career ? Idk how long he hangs around wrestling before fighting but He’s a better wrestler at age 23 then JB and Taylor were at the same age , he’s had unreal success at every level of wrestling , has the best coaches and partners to train with in the world and the non stop obsessive desire to be the best that you need to be a world champ.. Granted it’s a lot harder to make a team now then in 2012 (JB had to beat Howe to make his first team) , Carter has to go through all timers like JB, Dake and Nolf just to get on the team but if anyone is mentally prepared to make that next jump it’s Starocci 

Oh boy here we gooo.... let's unpack this one at a time for you....

No one is above criticism nor did I claim he was. I merely was saying at this point in his career as with many other generational athletes at some point most people just show respect for their accomplishments due to how few have had that kind of success. I hated Tom Brady for years because he put my team in purgatory but after a while I just respected his greatness...

Not even addressing your Ragusin/John Smith comments because it's not related to my post whatsoever. 

As for JB not being liked by his peers I'll use one of your quotes "Do YoU hAvE aNy eviDenCe to bAcK uP tHiS cLaiM..?" By the way, Michael Jordan punched his teammates in the face, Tiger Woods didn't talk to anyone in the locker room until his later years and the list goes on and on... I don't care, the guy is GREAT-  along with that greatness comes a level of arrogance. Bo hasn't come close to JBs international success and he's demonstrating his own arrogance constantly... I'm not trying to be best friends with the guy, and he competes with many of his peers so of course there will be friction. 

As for charging money for camps? The dude is trying to make a living while he is most relevant, if people are willing to pay, so be it. Don't care. 

About starocci's international career- it's my opinion bro... just like you have yours, some may be right, some may be wrong - but either way I can voice my opinion whether you like it or not so take it easy with your "get off my lawn" post (I swear man, I've been on here and participated in this forum for years and you always seem to be the most argumentative person here.)

Feel free to print this out and save it if it means that much to you to shove in my face after Starocci wins Olympic Gold and 6 world titles, and finishes top 3 in 3 others...

Edited by Doublehalf

28 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

This is so untrue.  Burroughs was a World Champ when he was Carter's age.  Carter has not even sniffed a World Team.

• Brain 1

30 minutes ago, Doublehalf said:

About starocci's international career- it's my opinion bro... just like you have yours, some may be right, some may be wrong - but either way I can voice my opinion whether you like it or not so take it easy with your "get off my lawn" post (I swear man, I've been on here and participated in this forum for years and you always seem to be the most argumentative person here.)

Apparently Bo and Carter are allowed to have their opinions but you, however, are not. 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Criticize him all you want, just be able to back it up. As it stands Carter, nor Bo, is going to beat JB. Even at his advanced age a the sport dominated by youth he's still the #2 at that weight. 

Fact is they can all talk, nobody is beating Dake at 74kg. 

Edited by TNwrestling

1 hour ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Idk how long he hangs around wrestling before fighting but He’s a better wrestler at age 23 then JB and Taylor were at the same age

Hahahaha.   That’s cute lol.    

carter was the least dominant ncaa champion “this” year.  His best bonus point win is over the #9 ranked (intermat) 165 lb Iowa backup moving up a weight.  

I am a huge JB fan and I have admitted that I didn’t like his comment about going after the knee. It’s true and to me it’s not a big deal that he said it, but it would have been better if he didn’t. He also has a tendency to display his high level of confidence, but I believe he truly tries to keep it in check and remain humble. Starocci and Nickal do not try to remain humble IMO, and often talk badly about their opponents (this is one of the key distinctions). I understand it takes a supreme level of confidence to achieve what these guys did. So when Burroughs talks highly of himself, but then disengages from talking bad about others, I can respect that as some level of humility. 

42 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

This is so untrue.  Burroughs was a World Champ when he was Carter's age.  Carter has not even sniffed a World Team.

Burroughs was a year older then carter when he won his first world title 

1 minute ago, Caveira said:

carter was the least dominant ncaa champion “this” year.  His best bonus point win is over the #9 ranked (intermat) 165 lb Iowa backup moving up a weight.  

He lost twice his entire career and hasn’t been closing to losing in years lol the disrespect leveled at starocci is hilarious 

Just now, Caveira said:

Not to mention JB was a world champion at 23!

20 minutes ago, TNwrestling said:

Criticize him all you want, just be able to back it up. As it stands Carter, nor Bo, is going to beat JB. Even at his advanced age a the sport dominated by youth he's still the #2 at that weight. 

Fact is they can all talk, nobody is beating Dake at 74kg. 

He is not number 2 at his weight …he’s behind Dake and chance marsteller (the guy who never won an ncaa title) and Nolf is currently in the world ranking at 74 due to some overseas wins …and Bo is probably 25 30 pounds heavier then JB and would probably beat him in a match just on the size advantage alone 

3 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

He lost twice his entire career and hasn’t been closing to losing in years lol the disrespect leveled at starocci is hilarious 

Nobody is disrespecting Carter and his achievements, its just everyone (except Bo i guess) has more respect for Jordan and his. 

1 hour ago, Antitroll2828 said:

JB isn’t above criticism.  I can’t remember it now but there was a comment that he made maybe like a year or so ago that I thought was worthy of criticism, maybe it’ll come back to me.

But his comments on the broadcast are not worthy of criticism.  Everyone including Nickal would do the same thing, and of course Cormier was the one that first brought it up.  Also odd considering Starocci had already said he would “piss on Welsh’s graveyard” (not that there’s anything wrong with that either but if Nickal was taking issue with comments he should have taken issue with that too).

This is the first I’ve ever heard that Burroughs is “disliked by his peers,” unless by “peers” you mean Kyle Dake.  Do you have any evidence of this?

And as noted JB was a world champ when Starocci was this age…

1 minute ago, Antitroll2828 said:

He is not number 2 at his weight …he’s behind Dake and chance marsteller (the guy who never won an ncaa title) and Nolf is currently in the world ranking at 74 due to some overseas wins …and Bo is probably 25 30 pounds heavier then JB and would probably beat him in a match just on the size advantage alone 

Just stay catching L's

image.png.519265f9175952265fb5369abf337f64.png

26 minutes ago, TNwrestling said:

Apparently Bo and Carter are allowed to have their opinions but you, however, are not. 

I don’t think Bo should’ve said anything either , he made it worse and took more of the spotlight off of staroccis accomplishments and made it about him the thing he claimed he was mad at JB for 

as for starocci he’s a weird dude and his trash talk is average at best … I view him the same way I view Suriano just some different kind of cats

Just now, TNwrestling said:

Just stay catching L's

image.png.519265f9175952265fb5369abf337f64.png

Lol Zain is going 65 so idk where you got this list and you don’t think Chance who just beat JB last year for the 79 kg spot isn’t going to be seeded ahead of him?

18 hours ago, TNwrestling said:

and neither are winning the spot lol

its dake's to lose

Exactly lol

They're doing this stuff for attention

Bo is probably bored waiting for his next moment in the spotlight

19 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Burroughs was a year older then carter when he won his first world title 

Burroughs was 23 years and 2 months when he won his first world title in 2011.

Carter will be 23 years and 2 months next week.  

Carter Starocci will be older than JB was at the time of his first title if he ever wins one.

Sorry.

Edited by Interviewed_at_Weehawken
  • Bob 1

Just now, alex1fly said:

Exactly lol

They're doing this stuff for attention

Bo is probably bored waiting for his next moment in the spotlight

Na Bo is probably being sincere because he’s just a giant penn state homer , not to mention he jumped into the Manning twitter rants to call him a liar just prior to ncaas ..not a lot of love between Nebraska and PSU ..but he literally did the same thing he accused JB of which was making the moment about him so Fail on Nickals part

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Lol Zain is going 65 so idk where you got this list and you don’t think Chance who just beat JB last year for the 79 kg spot isn’t going to be seeded ahead of him?

I got this list from Flowrestling. Its their most recent set of freestyle rankings. Also, Chance is up to 86kg and currently ranked 4th at the weight. 

They hold more water than you. Sorry. 

Edited by TNwrestling
  • Bob 1