• Playwire Ad Area

Cormier did a great job

peanut

I think people are critical of bad announcers and appreciative of good announcers.  Bad announcers badly blemish the viewing experience, which is why people make a big deal out of it.  I've gotten to the point where I can't watch the World Series with the sound on because of John Smoltz.  It's a problem.  It's like an idiot has come into your living room and has spent three hours in your home staying stupid things while you're trying to enjoy a rare opportunity to do something for yourself.

• Brain 1

28 minutes ago, dragit said:

I'll counter with Burroughs, Gibbons, and Harrison.  

Gibbons has been around forever and has all those quirky sayings.  I like Harrison but he does get over excited and loud.  Moore is Harrison without the high volume.

39 minutes ago, ionel said:

But we don't have to have old things we could have nice new things.  How about Robles, JB & Hardell Moore?  

Maybe if jb stops talking about himself. I'd prefer DT. Or a more humble JB sure. Also you need one of the establishment types like Sparks who can go off leash but is also great at being a puppet for the network. 

11 minutes ago, forkemaz said:

Maybe if jb stops talking about himself. I'd prefer DT. Or a more humble JB sure. Also you need one of the establishment types like Sparks who can go off leash but is also great at being a puppet for the network. 

Sparks is too much of a Big 10 and Resilite guy, the bias really gets old.   Yes I'd take DT.

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, forkemaz said:

Maybe if jb stops talking about himself. I'd prefer DT. Or a more humble JB sure. 

That ain't gonna happen.  I'm not a huge fan of him overall because of this, but I really respect that he doesn't sugarcoat his pride and he doesn't pretend to be a sweet guy.  That's why the comment about Starocci's knee didn't bother me at all.  He was being honest and giving a window into his fierce mentality which he's always been honest about -- it's me or them, so I do whatever it takes.  

I think Cormier came off as a brain-damaged ignoramus. He said some of the dumbest shit imaginable. I can't remember the match, but it was a couple little guys wrestling and DC said something like "he's committed to a tough ride", and literally within 3 seconds the bottom guy had gotten a reversal and 4 point NF. DC is dumb as shit and sounds like an OSU graduate for sure 😄

26 minutes ago, NM1965 said:

I think Cormier came off as a brain-damaged ignoramus. He said some of the dumbest shit imaginable. I can't remember the match, but it was a couple little guys wrestling and DC said something like "he's committed to a tough ride", and literally within 3 seconds the bottom guy had gotten a reversal and 4 point NF. DC is dumb as shit and sounds like an OSU graduate for sure 😄

Personally I love it. I think DC is hilarious and entetaining. He certainly does say some goofy stuff. I also think Rock Harrison talks a bit too much. Its great that he explains the rules and such but he uses way too many words and over explains when doing so.

• Bob 1

1 hour ago, MPhillips said:

I do not need every moment of a match filled with words that aren't necessary. I'm watching...

DC suffers from verbal diarrhea. 

I watched Matcast for first 5 sessions. Finals was first time hearing DC and JB. Like the above poster mentioned, both should not have been there. I preferred DC. When Carr hit that double leg off the whistle and all I get to hear is "vintage JB" said by JB himself........rolling eyes. 

I work in live TV. JB and DC need some training before next year. They talked over each other way too much. Usually there is a commentator and an expert with experience to bounce banter off of.  Their commentary was disorganized, off balanced, and made for a very amateur broadcast. 

Our group had multiple big screen tvs so had matcast and regular broadcast.  At one point, the commentary was getting so bad, we turned down the volume.  DC was bouncing off the walls and we just couldn't go with the "shot gun" approach with the crew talking over eack other and some of the dumb comments.  Our group consisted of ex college wrestlers and coaches so we didn't need to be educated about wrestling as we watched.  It just seemed like a clown show this year compared to some of the past years.