• Playwire Ad Area

with the Pac 12 (basically) going away....

Let's hope those guys don't get poached.  That said, does anyone know the future conferences of Bakersfield, Poly, Little Rock, and Oregon State?   I mean, time is up.  Will they scatter, or will the "Pac 2" somehow grab another team or 2 and somehow remain a legit wrestling conference?

Edited by PacMan
  • Bob 1
  • Fire 1

37 minutes ago, PacMan said:

Let's hope those guys don't get poached.  That said, does anyone know the future conferences of Bakersfield, Poly, Little Rock, and Oregon State?   I mean, time is up.  Will they scatter, or will the "Pac 2" somehow grab another team or 2 and somehow remain a legit wrestling conference?

For wrestling the Pac-12 will still have WSU, Oregon State, CSUB, Cal Poly, and UALR - for now. ASU will have a new home in the Big12, but maybe Stanford will re-affiliate for wrestling? There was talk of the non-revenue sports staying out West to save on travel but I don't recall if it was Stanford/ACC. 

Cal Bap, AFA, NoCo, UVU would be a nice geographical fit if they wanted to reaffiliate with the "new" Pac. Saves the Big12 schools a little bit on treks out to and from the likes of CA, WV, ND.

Edited by CHROMEBIRD

3 hours ago, poorwrestler said:

Are you hearing that anywhere beyond a few guys on the Hawkeye report saying they’d be good fits

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No he's not.  He just regurgitates what he reads on Gia/HR 

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

For wrestling the Pac-12 will still have WSU, Oregon State, CSUB, Cal Poly, and UALR - for now. ASU will have a new home in the Big12, but maybe Stanford will re-affiliate for wrestling? There was talk of the non-revenue sports staying out West to save on travel but I don't recall if it was Stanford/ACC. 
Cal Bap, AFA, NoCo, UVU would be a nice geographical fit if they wanted to reaffiliate with the "new" Pac. Saves the Big12 schools a little bit on treks out to and from the likes of CA, WV, ND.

I think some realignment between the pac 12 and big 12 for wrestling is long overdue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your title here is simply false.

The four remaining PAC 12 wrestling programs - as Ken Chertow said in his introductory statement at the 2024 PAC 12 tournament - will return as the PAC 12 wrestling programs for the next two years.  That being Oregon State, Little Rock, Cal Poly and Cal State Bakersfield.  They are allowed to operate with less than six schools for that two year period.

The two remaining actual PAC 12 schools, i.e., Oregon State and Washington State have worked out the details (for the most part) of a merger with the Mountain West and will retain the PAC 12 name. The Mountain West has two wrestling schools in Air Force and Wyoming.   A merger of the two conferences would mean a PAC 12 Conference with six wrestling programs, i.e., the minimum number needed for NCAA tournament allocations.  That being of course Oregon State, Little Rock, Cal Poly, Cal State Bakersfield, Air Force and Wyoming.

Other options would be inviting schools such as Cal Baptist, Utah Valley and Northern Colorado to join as well.

Edited by Thumper
  • Brain 1

4 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Is LR not going to be in any conference next year?

OU kept LR out of the B12.  With OU bolting for the SEC they should no longer have a vote in B12 wrestling.  LR should now join the B12 along with wOSU and a couple othe west teams.  

14 hours ago, Bardamu911 said:

Nassir Bailey is as good as already in a Michigan singlet isn't he?

Poetta and the Illinois peeps are wondering how this guy got away from them?! 🤣

5 minutes ago, TexRef said:

Poetta and the Illinois peeps are wondering how this guy got away from them?! 🤣

Albert White from Harvey twisters is an assistant at LR him and Bailey been close for years, that’s how they got him and that’s how they plan on keeping him when all the vultures swoop in 

• Bob 1

41 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Your title here is simply false.

The four remaining PAC 12 wrestling programs - as Ken Chertow said in his introductory statement at the 2024 PAC 12 tournament - will return as the PAC 12 wrestling programs for the next two years.  That being Oregon State, Little Rock, Cal Poly and Cal State Bakersfield.  They are allowed to operate with less than six schools for that two year period.

The two remaining actual PAC 12 schools, i.e., Oregon State and Washington State have worked out the details (for the most part) of a merger with the Mountain West and will retain the PAC 12 name. The Mountain West has two wrestling schools in Air Force and Wyoming.   A merger of the two conferences would mean a PAC 12 Conference with six wrestling programs, i.e., the minimum number needed for NCAA tournament allocations.  That being of course Oregon State, Little Rock, Cal Poly, Cal State Bakersfield, Air Force and Wyoming.

Other options would be inviting schools such as Cal Baptist, Utah Valley and Northern Colorado to join as well.

You are correct . They get a two year period, however if I remember correctly, they can only automatically get a champ at each weight and then have to get at-large after that.

However, the merger for football could actually mean the addition of the two MW teams for wrestling as well - AirForce and Wyoming. There are "whisperings" of other teams being added as well. Let's just say that the Big 12 isn't exactly making everyone happy. 

As a side note, despite you  wanting to get rid of Cal Bakersfield, they still have a team. 

• Bob 1

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

39 minutes ago, ionel said:

OU kept LR out of the B12.  With OU bolting for the SEC they should no longer have a vote in B12 wrestling.  LR should now join the B12 along with wOSU and a couple othe west teams.  

Thx

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

1 hour ago, CHROMEBIRD said:

Stanford is joining the ACC.

• Bob 1

3 minutes ago, SetonHallPirate said:

Stanford is joining the ACC.

Brutal. Didn't Stanford (and Cal) accept a 30% payout from the ACC for the first 7 years (then gradually stepping up to 100% by year 10) in their desperate attempt to join? I think the AD committed to not cutting any sports, so hopefully they can make the numbers work. Thankfully they have that phat endowment.

It would be nice if Stanford could reaffiliate with the Pac for wrestling. It would save the ACC programs a little bit of money, too. WIn win.

3 minutes ago, CHROMEBIRD said:

It would be nice if Stanford could reaffiliate with the Pac for wrestling. It would save the ACC programs a little bit of money, too. WIn win.

ACC has wrestling correct?  Stanford made their decision.