• Playwire Ad Area

2024 NCAA Wrestling Championships - Session 1

nhs67

2 minutes ago, Voice of the Quakers said:

Is any team actually having a good round this morning? VT?

Nebraska so far. Don't think they've lost yet, but they have Allred and Hot-mocker up next. Hot-mocker about to look like a Cold-mocker against great big Schultz. Allred has been known to drop the ball.

1 minute ago, flyingcement said:

what? I missed something 

Bullock went for a throw and the knocked heads just the right way.  As soon as he landed his eyes were practically going in two different directions.  If you are familiar with the term "getting starched", stiff limbs after getting knocked out, that's kinda what he had going on.

I'm assuming he's done, because anything like that is a guaranteed gnarly concussion.

• Bob 1

1 minute ago, VakAttack said:

Foca's season long implosion is nearly complete.

What's been up with him???  I guess I did not follow closely enough - saw he moved up a weight and had taken some lumps.  Still picked him for a low AA finish.  I'm curious now though what the full story is.

Just now, BloodRound said:

What's been up with him???  I guess I did not follow closely enough - saw he moved up a weight and had taken some lumps.  Still picked him for a low AA finish.  I'm curious now though what the full story is.

He has three headscratching losses to a guy who would have a losing record if the result had been the other way.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

1 minute ago, CHROMEBIRD said:

ESPN showing so much Aaron Brooks hype content, then cutting to commercial in the middle of his match 😂

They are taking precautionary measures to make sure they get them out of the way before AB launches into one of his famous sermons.  Don't wanna miss those.

• Bob 1

3 minutes ago, wrestle87 said:

Bullock went for a throw and the knocked heads just the right way.  As soon as he landed his eyes were practically going in two different directions.  If you are familiar with the term "getting starched", stiff limbs after getting knocked out, that's kinda what he had going on.

I'm assuming he's done, because anything like that is a guaranteed gnarly concussion.

Bullock just handing off the concussion that Rogotzke gave him.

3 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

He has three headscratching losses to a guy who would have a losing record if the result had been the other way.

Ayzerov wouldn’t have a losing record and he just picked up a major 1st round and he’s been beating foca since middle school they are from neighboring towns 

Just now, Antitroll2828 said:

Ayzerov wouldn’t have a losing record and he just picked up a major 1st round and he’s been beating foca since middle school they are from neighboring towns 

Foca's in the wrong weight class is the answer.  He's too small.  They last minute bumped him after he spent the entire offseason prepping to be 174.  

Just now, Truzzcat said:

Beard is looking damn good

Beard is so big.  It seems almost preposterous to say someone can be big for 197, but he makes some very scary wrestlers look tiny when they stand next to him.  

Can you imagine how good the Hawkeyes could have done this round at 197 if they let Ferarri on the team instead of the guy who just lost to the 26 seed?

Edited by bnwtwg

i am an idiot on the internet