• Playwire Ad Area

RICCO is not a crime!!

The Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act (RICO) is a federal law (codified at 18 U.S.C. §§ 1961-68) targeting organized criminal activity and racketeering. RICO enhances existing criminal punishments and creates new causes of action for acts done as a part of an organized criminal enterprise.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/racketeer_influenced_and_corrupt_organizations_act_(rico)#:~:text=The Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt,of an organized criminal enterprise.

The line under the blue, I feel, is the most important. Emphasis on 'existing'. Gotta have a crime before RICCO can apply. 

12 minutes ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

The Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act (RICO) is a federal law (codified at 18 U.S.C. §§ 1961-68) targeting organized criminal activity and racketeering. RICO enhances existing criminal punishments and creates new causes of action for acts done as a part of an organized criminal enterprise.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/racketeer_influenced_and_corrupt_organizations_act_(rico)#:~:text=The Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt,of an organized criminal enterprise.

The line under the blue, I feel, is the most important. Emphasis on 'existing'. Gotta have a crime before RICCO can apply. 

First off...it is "RICO" not "RICCO".  Second...funny you completely missed highlighting the first part of the first sentence..."is a federal law".  Isn't a "crime" defined as breaking a law??  

13 minutes ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

So, again, she's correct. 

No...she isn't.  Also, does your partisan crap run so deep that you can't bring any sort of criticism to a D??  She is wrong, is always wrong, and is a terrible politician...if you can't see that you are nothing but a blow hard partisan hack.  You are the type of person who blames all the ill will in our country on R's and gives all the credit to the D's for anything good that happens.  And you babble incoherently on top of it with your virtue signaling and victimhood mentality.

• Bob 1
  • Fire 1
  • Stalling 1

11 minutes ago, Bigbrog said:

No...she isn't.  Also, does your partisan crap run so deep that you can't bring any sort of criticism to a D??  She is wrong, is always wrong, and is a terrible politician...if you can't see that you are nothing but a blow hard partisan hack.  You are the type of person who blames all the ill will in our country on R's and gives all the credit to the D's for anything good that happens.  And you babble incoherently on top of it with your virtue signaling and victimhood mentality.

And his altruistic virtue signaling brings to mind the words to the effect of most of history’s worst atrocities have been at the hands of people who claimed to be the world’s benefactors. 

• Fire 2

14 minutes ago, Bigbrog said:

First off...it is "RICO" not "RICCO".  Second...funny you completely missed highlighting the first part of the first sentence..."is a federal law".  Isn't a "crime" defined as breaking a law??  

You can massage it to fit your meaning all you want would expect nothing less. But you don't get arrested for RICO. You get arrested for a crime. The RICCO 'law' helps investigators and prosecutors to charge the same crime to multiple people. 

There is no sentencing matrix for RIICO. Show me a headline that reads, 'Rudolph and Yukon were sentenced 5-10 years for RICOO, and must report to the Island of Misfit Toys to begin their sentences.' 

Also, if you're going to rationalize it this way, and you are. Being so star spangled silly for your own party. The Emoluments Clause was a law broken by someone, A LOT, I'll let you guess who took millions from foreign governments. Money went right into their pocket by way of hotel and conference room rentals. Who owns hotels and was president recently? 

3 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

And his altruistic virtue signaling brings to mind the words to the effect of most of history’s worst atrocities have been at the hands of people who claimed to be the world’s benefactors. 

You're the hero of your own story. 

I am biased towards people with less power and influence. I don't feel as bad for those that have already made it. They should be considerate of how they got there and who helped them and give back. Not everything, of course, but maybe help the next person climb the ladder. If they made it by dishonest means, they should be held accountable. If there are no laws or mechanisms for accountability for each situation, they need to be put in place as they arise. How is that controversial ? 

Picking apart someone's choice of words or spelling just indicates that you are searching for a reason to disagree. Rather than a reason to agree. You're being ruled by your emotions and a spitefulness that is not constructive. Have you asked yourself why that is? What has gotten you to a point where you dislike someone and call them stupid because they have a powerful voice against your ideas? 

Might be worth a look.

58 minutes ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

You can massage it to fit your meaning all you want would expect nothing less. But you don't get arrested for RICO. You get arrested for a crime. The RICCO 'law' helps investigators and prosecutors to charge the same crime to multiple people. 

There is no sentencing matrix for RIICO. Show me a headline that reads, 'Rudolph and Yukon were sentenced 5-10 years for RICOO, and must report to the Island of Misfit Toys to begin their sentences.' 

Also, if you're going to rationalize it this way, and you are. Being so star spangled silly for your own party. The Emoluments Clause was a law broken by someone, A LOT, I'll let you guess who took millions from foreign governments. Money went right into their pocket by way of hotel and conference room rentals. Who owns hotels and was president recently? 

What???!!  I didn't message it anyway other than what the definition of RICO is based on what YOU wrote dum dum.  I believe you are the one spinning it.  Did you go and correct the thousands and thousands of headlines and post by your fellow liberals that said Trump was being with RICO (google it to find the thousands of examples)??  How is one charged with RICO if RICO isn't a law and breaking that law isn't a crime??

And what the heck was that last paragraph??  Oh that's right...babble...babble...babble

• Haha 1