• Playwire Ad Area

Bracket update

19 minutes ago, jdalu75 said:

Click on the link.

Click on Search Events.  Then type in "2024 NCAA" , without the quotes, in the Event Name box.  Click on Search.

Click on Enter Event.

Click on 2024 NCAA Division I Championships.

When the pop-up box appears, click on Enter Event.

Ignore the offer to subscribe.  Click on Brackets, either on the left or up above.

In the Weight Class box, select 141.  You'll see the updated brackets for 141 pounds.

Sorry Track makes it so difficult.

From Track's home page, click "Browse" on the top (Click #1)

Click "Tournaments" (Click #2)

Under "Popular Tournaments," click "2024 NCAA Division I..." (Click #3)

Click "Brackets" (Click #4)

Select "141" from the drop-down menu (Click #5)

25 minutes ago, ionel said:

Like I said 6 to 8 clicks, think I did it is 7 ... nah that was after clicking the link so 8.  Ain't track wonderful.  

now do it all again, dozens of times over the course of the next two days, all while trying to juggle streaming the ESPN+ feed of all eight mats at one time, on multiple large tv screens.  all while under the influence. it's exhausting. but there's nothing else I'd rather be doing.

Edited by gromit
  • Haha 3
  • Wrestle 1

34 minutes ago, gromit said:

now do it all again, dozens of times over the course of the next two days, all while trying to juggle streaming the ESPN+ feed of all eight mats at one time, on multiple large tv screens.  all while under the influence. it's exhausting. but there's nothing else I'd rather be doing.

Nobody's forcing you to follow the tournament.  You can do it the way I used to and wait three weeks for AWN's issue to arrive in the mailbox.  Nah, you'd have to subscribe, look at the calendar to see when the tournament is held, walk to the mailbox to get the issue, then turn every page and read the content.  Then do it all over again next year.

9 minutes ago, jdalu75 said:

Nobody's forcing you to follow the tournament.  You can do it the way I used to and wait three weeks for AWN's issue to arrive in the mailbox.  Nah, you'd have to subscribe, look at the calendar to see when the tournament is held, walk to the mailbox to get the issue, then turn every page and read the content.  Then do it all over again next year.

Both things can be true: It's much easier to follow the tournament now than it was 30 years ago AND track's user interface is horrible. 

I understand why it's horrible, but that doesn't make it less horrible. 

• Bob 2

19 minutes ago, jdalu75 said:

or spend $50 to go see it live in person, no wait for results 🙂

2 hours ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

This is excellent news for Real Woods and Iowa fans. He now doesn't have to face a former AA who beat him in Clay Carlson.  Instead faces a guy he beat by TF this year.  Huge boost for Woods.

This might just be enough for Iowa to overtake Penn State 

• Bob 1
  • Haha 1
  • Clown 1

38 minutes ago, Eagle26 said:

This might just be enough for Iowa to overtake Penn State 

Just what we all wanted to see; the evil empire of Penn State overcome by those scrappy underdogs from Iowa ....

Just now, Eagle26 said:

Look who I’m quoting… it was my weak attempt at humor

I did ... I got it ... I'm sure Iowa will win now ... Jimmy will be happy.  😉

• Haha 1
  • Potato 1

4 hours ago, TylerDurden said:

Both things can be true: It's much easier to follow the tournament now than it was 30 years ago AND track's user interface is horrible. 

I understand why it's horrible, but that doesn't make it less horrible. 

Somehow, I do picture Peter Lorre as a fan of the NCAA'a and trying to keep up with watching the ESPN+ feed on top of navigating Trackwrestling's NCAA site....

Screaming: "It's HORRIBLE!!!"

tumblr_lxv7rqO8Tf1qcay1ao1_500.gif

"I Must Watch ALL of it!!!

D3

Edited by D3 for LU
  • Bob 1
  • Wrestle 1

8 hours ago, BigRedFan said:

From Track's home page, click "Browse" on the top (Click #1)

Click "Tournaments" (Click #2)

Under "Popular Tournaments," click "2024 NCAA Division I..." (Click #3)

Click "Brackets" (Click #4)

Select "141" from the drop-down menu (Click #5)

You are missing a couple, you generally have to click "view" at least twice after select "141."   And you have to click something to get to the home page so thats 8.  

• Bob 1

6 hours ago, ionel said:

You are missing a couple, you generally have to click "view" at least twice after select "141."   And you have to click something to get to the home page so thats 8.  

Maybe he can get his mommy to do the clicking for him ....

16 hours ago, gromit said:

I have dual monitors in my office so each one will have four mats a piece. Then I have my MacBook Air which will be for forum posting and Trackwrestling mat assignments and brackets. I guess my third laptop can be for work if there is an emergency but I did take the afternoon off today and all day tomorrow so that's doubtful. This is easily my favorite weekend of the entire year! Let's go!

• Wrestle 1

21 minutes ago, Powershouse said:

What time are weigh ins? Will anybody miss their big moment?

Hopefully Bormet didn’t put KJ in charge of the wolverine’s wake up call.

• Bob 1
  • Fire 1
  • Haha 1

After reviewing 141, I think the re-draw has me pinching my sphincter a little bit more than I would like.  Lemley loves to scramble and let folks get to his legs... Belton finishes shots quickly and is one of the faster 141lbers in the bracket.  This has upset written all over it and I hope I am wrong.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me