• Playwire Ad Area

Iowa at Chattanooga

ionel

16 minutes ago, Formally140 said:

Agree. In practice, if they tie even in a game. Both guys have push-ups because they were double losers lol

"Double losers" - Never heard that one before, that's pretty good. I'll use that.

Seems to me that the amount of time and effort that goes into a dual (or tournament), not to mention the time and effort of the wrestlers and coaches preparing for it, is all done with the singular goal of finding out who the better wrestler was that day. One simple goal.

To stop short of the goal when it is 99% of the way there, seems like a waste of time and effort.

As my prom date in HS told me, if you're going to a dance, be ready to dance.

2 minutes ago, ionel said:

and how did you get ready?

Short story is that we were both cast in a musical about dancing. The director paired her with someone else, who wasn't a terribly good dancer. She paired me with a couple of very good dancers, and we lit it up during the show - particularly in the jitterbug. (I'll find a GIF.) After that, she asked me to prom... and, yes, I was ready.

tenor.gif

• Fire 1

3 hours ago, flyingcement said:

My favorite ducking of all time was last year when Glory ducked Ybarra

And don't forget: Glory only wanted to wrestle Lee.  He didn't travel to Iowa to wrestle Ybarra.  He's a "visionquest type." - The Wrestling Room.  We've got the scoop!!! 🍦

Edited by Interviewed_at_Weehawken
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Formally140 said:

Eh Rocky got the W. Hopefully he can give Ruschel an AA 

Meh.  Neither guy is REALLY an AA threat in my mind. I could see them sneaking into the R12, though, so maybe I'm underselling.  In that scenario, all it takes is the right draw or the right higher seeded guy whose injured or struggling and suddenly you're on the podium. I don't think either of the guys in question is truly on that level, which is why I didn't think much of note happened. 

18 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Meh.  Neither guy is REALLY an AA threat in my mind. I could see them sneaking into the R12, though, so maybe I'm underselling.  In that scenario, all it takes is the right draw or the right higher seeded guy whose injured or struggling and suddenly you're on the podium. I don't think either of the guys in question is truly on that level, which is why I didn't think much of note happened. 

Take it as an extremely optimistic take from an alumni who’s heart is rooting for a UTC AA But who’s head knows better 

15 hours ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

Short story is that we were both cast in a musical about dancing. The director paired her with someone else, who wasn't a terribly good dancer. She paired me with a couple of very good dancers, and we lit it up during the show - particularly in the jitterbug. (I'll find a GIF.) After that, she asked me to prom... and, yes, I was ready.

tenor.gif

Can't get this image out of my mind so I will henceforth think of you as the third JB or JB3 but will try to remember you are really the GWN🙂

• Haha 1