• Playwire Ad Area

Why did NC state RS Trumble and Singleton

I was just thinking about Nc states team, they're definitely a strong competitor for the second slot at NCAA's but had they wrestled singleton at 174 and Trumble at heavy I think they would have almost been a lock. A lot of singleton and Trumble's success have been in freestyle but given singleton beat Gabe Arnold twice at junior trials and Trumbles recent success on the freestyle seen as well as winning the scuffle relatively easily I have to imagine they could have potentially had two additional AA's at two of their weakest weights this year.

• Jagger 1

27 minutes ago, Truzzcat said:

I was just thinking about Nc states team, they're definitely a strong competitor for the second slot at NCAA's but had they wrestled singleton at 174 and Trumble at heavy I think they would have almost been a lock. A lot of singleton and Trumble's success have been in freestyle but given singleton beat Gabe Arnold twice at junior trials and Trumbles recent success on the freestyle seen as well as winning the scuffle relatively easily I have to imagine they could have potentially had two additional AA's at two of their weakest weights this year.

I think Trumble wants to wrestle Heavyweight. Guessing that Matty Singleton thought he could benefit from a redshirt based on his NCAA results from last season. 

Sure it was to help the wrestlers and the team going forward. This institution has done a tremendous job with their wrestling squad. They got their shit together and will make waves nationally.