• Playwire Ad Area

What is going to happen with 174 bracket. We all know about Carter. But man that Griffith injury looked even worse. Will they throw the guys in the tournament and wait until last minute to see if they are alright. Will they allow late entries into the tournament and redo the entire bracket...?

1 minute ago, jajensen09 said:

What is going to happen with 174 bracket. We all know about Carter. But man that Griffith injury looked even worse. Will they throw the guys in the tournament and wait until last minute to see if they are alright. Will they allow late entries into the tournament and redo the entire bracket...?

You tell us oh wise one. You are the one who can read minds. Dish it!

• Potato 1

11 minutes ago, jajensen09 said:

There is precedence for taking the 34th wrestler to replace someone who drops after the seeds are done due to injury. It happened in 2021 when Wyatt Sheets was added to 157 as the #33 after someone dropped (I never remember who). Sheets went on to finish 8th.

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

2 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

There is precedence for taking the 34th wrestler to replace someone who drops after the seeds are done due to injury. It happened in 2021 when Wyatt Sheets was added to 157 as the #33 after someone dropped (I never remember who). Sheets went on to finish 8th.

Thank you. Is there a deadline on this? Seems there would need to be

They declare a 34th at each weight. The schools pay to bring them. If someone fails to make weight (or pass skin check) the 34th is also going through the process. I believe they just bump everyone up until the missing seed is filled and then put the 34th in as 33rd.

• Brain 2

22 minutes ago, jajensen09 said:

Can you create/start the thread for PSU is below average 125-149, Nebraska is better, etc.  I'm asking for a friend.  He's been itching for a cinnabon.  Can you glaze it with PSU wont win the tournament or something that's extra sweet?

Edited by PortaJohn
  • Bob 1

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

Just now, PortaJohn said:

Can you create/start the thread for PSU is below average 125-149, Nebraska is better, etc.  I'm asking for a friend.  He's been itching for a cinnabon.  Can you glaze it with PSU wont win the tournament or something that extra sweet?

2 minutes ago, gimpeltf said:

They declare a 34th at each weight. The schools pay to bring them. If someone fails to make weight (or pass skin check) the 34th is also going through the process. I believe they just bump everyone up until the missing seed is filled and then put the 34th in as 33rd.

Cool. Thank you! Every been a situation where 2 drop out?

2 minutes ago, gimpeltf said:

Someone missed weight in 2019, I think. Do you recall the circumstances?

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

There will be alternates.  In Cleveland, Jason Renteria missed weight and the alternate was on site and made weight.  Forget if they redrew the bracket or not, I don't think they were seeding all the way to 33 so it may not have mattered.

So there is no deadline but I would guess Shane at least makes weight and tries to give it a go.

Carter is just drama for drama.  I'm betting they will kiss and make up and he will be on top of the podium on Saturday night in PSU gear as usual.   No clue on his seed tho.

Just now, jajensen09 said:

First- the scenario I described is quite new. I believe it was created the year after Suriano was somewhere downstairs drilling.

But to answer the question, I don't offhand remember that happening, especially in my 20 years doing the bracketing. I might not have noticed before that.

3 minutes ago, Dogbone said:

There will be alternates.  In Cleveland, Jason Renteria missed weight and the alternate was on site and made weight.  Forget if they redrew the bracket or not, I don't think they were seeding all the way to 33 so it may not have mattered.

Depends what you mean by alternates. If the replacement situation happens early enough (used to be Monday at 5pm) then I believe they redeclare who is 34th (I assume who would have been 35th) but as to on site- just the one.

Just now, ionel said:

Will Starocci even qualify given he didn't "participate" in conference tournament wrestling?

My take from the zoom is that since no wrestling took place in the combined 3 seconds he shouldn't. But ...

7 minutes ago, Pinnacle said:

jajensen can explain it to you. He has all the Starocci answers in his crib notes.

Good to know.  Maybe @jajensen will include it in his jimmy post he's supposed to make this week. 

1 minute ago, ionel said:

Good to know.  Maybe @jajensen will include it in his jimmy post he's supposed to make this week. 

We can only hope. "As the Penn State 174 World Turns" by jajensen. 

17 minutes ago, Pinnacle said:

We can only hope. "As the Penn State 174 World Turns" by jajensen. 

You are soo right. I made all this up. Carter was there and won 174 this weekend "I must have blinked twice" and missed it

• Clown 1

4 minutes ago, jajensen09 said:

You are soo right. I made all this up. Carter was there and won 174 this weekend "I must have blinked twice" and missed it

He legitimately weighed in and stepped on the mat twice, which is the requirement for inclusion.

You are allowed an opinion, however.  It is also wrong.

• Bob 2

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

1 minute ago, nhs67 said:

He legitimately weighed in and stepped on the mat twice, which is the requirement for inclusion.

You are allowed an opinion, however.  It is also wrong.

I didn't say he didn't do that.....?? I'm saying what he tweeted and that he left his team Saturday 

Just now, jajensen09 said:

I didn't say he didn't do that.....?? I'm saying what he tweeted and that he left his team Saturday 

Where in any of this did you say that?

1 hour ago, jajensen09 said:

59 minutes ago, jajensen09 said:

Thank you. Is there a deadline on this? Seems there would need to be

55 minutes ago, jajensen09 said:

11 minutes ago, jajensen09 said:

??

• Confused 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me