• Playwire Ad Area

I am done with "Glory be to..."

8 hours ago, JuanMogen said:

In the beginning, Coach Cael Sanderson created the foundation of a wrestling dynasty at Penn State. The program was without form and void, and darkness was over the surface of the mat. 

And Coach Sanderson said, "Let there be technique," and there was technique. Coach saw that the technique was good, and he separated the high-percentage moves from the low-percentage ones. He called the high-percentage moves "effective" and the low-percentage ones he did not use. And there was practice, and there was recovery—the first day.

Then Coach Sanderson said, "Let there be a culture in the midst of the team, and let it separate wrestlers with a growth mindset from those without." So Coach made the culture and separated the wrestlers who learned from every match from those who did not. And it was so. And there was drilling, and there was conditioning—the second day.

And Coach Sanderson said, "Let the wrestlers under the team bring forth victories, accolades, and champions after their kind." And it was so. The mat brought forth wrestlers like Aaron Brooks, who dominated with skill and heart, and the team saw that it was good. And there was scouting, and there was strategizing—the third day.

And Coach Sanderson said, "Let there be stars in the sky of the Bryce Jordan Center to give light to the fans." And he set Casey Cunningham in the firmament of the heavens to give light on the mat, to rule over the day and over the night, and to separate the spirit of victory from defeat. And Coach saw that it was good. And there was anticipation, and there was triumph—the fourth day.

Thus, the mat and the heavens and all their array were completed. And on the seventh day, Coach Sanderson finished his work that he had done, and he rested on the seventh day from all his work that he had done. Coach Sanderson blessed the seventh day and made it holy, because on it he rested from all the work of creating that he had done.

This is the account of the heavens and the mat when they were created, in the day that Coach Cael Sanderson and his team of wrestlers made them.

I would give you like and a 🏆 thanks but the evil one has taken them away.  

Then all wrestling posters will hear and be afraid, and no one among you will do such an evil thing again.

• Haha 1
  • Stalling 1

22 hours ago, ionel said:

Should we really have to hear your beliefs?  We want to post about wrestling not hear what you believe.  

Well, it is my post. But here is the thing. Bo NIckal got it right. He started down the religious interview path, but must have realized it was not popular because you will never hear him talk about Jesus again. It is about someone trying to tell me how things are and I do not believe a college wrestler has earned that right quite yet.

5 minutes ago, KennyEBHS said:

It is about someone trying to tell me how things are and I do not believe a college wrestler has earned that right quite yet.

He earned the right to have a mic in front of him.... but he hasn't "earned" free speech?  

• Bob 1

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

12 minutes ago, KennyEBHS said:

Well, it is my post. But here is the thing. Bo NIckal got it right. He started down the religious interview path, but must have realized it was not popular because you will never hear him talk about Jesus again. It is about someone trying to tell me how things are and I do not believe a college wrestler has earned that right quite yet.

What if it were a wrestler pushing his belief in the low single leg when we all know a double leg will save you in the end? 

6 minutes ago, Idaho said:

He earned the right to have a mic in front of him.... but he hasn't "earned" free speech?  

He has not earned the right to tell the general fan population how things are in the spiritual world. I still say it is a PERSONAL issue.

Just now, ionel said:

What if it were a wrestler pushing his belief in the low single leg when we all know a double leg will save you in the end? 

I am fine with that. a single leg and a double leg are not about Jesus!

3 minutes ago, KennyEBHS said:

He has not earned the right to tell the general fan population how things are in the spiritual world. I still say it is a PERSONAL issue.

He didn't grab the mic they asked him to give his thoughts after the match.  You prefer he should lie to the fans?

Edited by ionel
  • Bob 2

2 minutes ago, KennyEBHS said:

I am fine with that. a single leg and a double leg are not about Jesus!

Could be viewed similar, pushing his belief in the single leg on those that don't want to hear it.  

6 minutes ago, KennyEBHS said:

Sure he has it's called free speech and it's a right not eaarned.  Just like you are saying you believe in censorship that people can't talk about certain things. See how that was covered under free speech?  Ever watch the oscars and the garbage those people push? They have an even bigger audience and they push all kinds of stuff. Have they earned it by being movie stars?

• Bob 3

3 minutes ago, ionel said:

Could be viewed similar, pushing his belief in the single leg on those that don't want to hear it.  

Oh, please. This is about people pushing faith during interviews. But as usual posts on this site get completely distorted and lose the purpose. Honestly, it is impossible to have an intelligent conversation on this site!

14 minutes ago, KennyEBHS said:

Is that your true belief, that it is personal? What if a wrestler says "I believe in the golden rule, I treat others how I would like to be treated". Is this expression acceptable to you?

• Bob 1

1 hour ago, KennyEBHS said:

Oh, please. This is about people pushing faith during interviews. But as usual posts on this site get completely distorted and lose the purpose. Honestly, it is impossible to have an intelligent conversation on this site!

I agree it's hard to have an intelligent conversation with a person who want's to censor free speech, because they don't believe in the conversation you are having about free speech.

On another note, did you not ever notice people pushing things during interviews? If you are offended by what people have to say, don't listen....that's also a freedom. 

5 minutes ago, Idaho said:

I agree it's hard to have an intelligent conversation with a person who want's to censor free speech, because they don't believe in the conversation you are having about free speech.

He’s not saying they should be censored, just that he doesn’t like it.  2 very different things

• Fire 1

3 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

He’s not saying they should be censored, just that he doesn’t like it.  2 very different things

True... and also different than saying someone has not "earned the right" to share their spiritual beliefs to the general population.... or insinuated that anything personal can't be shared publicly.  

• Bob 1

3 hours ago, lisa morales said:

Get right with our Lord or suffer the consequences.

Most lashing out against HIM are most likely angry with themselves. Perhaps raising fine sons like these guys is something they never accomplished and never will. 

• Bob 1

1 hour ago, KennyEBHS said:

They aren't pushing it on others, they are telling us something about who they are.  

Now the single leg guy may be pushing his belief in that move.

• Fire 1

11 hours ago, JuanMogen said:

In the beginning, Coach Cael Sanderson created the foundation of a wrestling dynasty at Penn State. The program was without form and void, and darkness was over the surface of the mat. 

And Coach Sanderson said, "Let there be technique," and there was technique. Coach saw that the technique was good, and he separated the high-percentage moves from the low-percentage ones. He called the high-percentage moves "effective" and the low-percentage ones he did not use. And there was practice, and there was recovery—the first day.

Then Coach Sanderson said, "Let there be a culture in the midst of the team, and let it separate wrestlers with a growth mindset from those without." So Coach made the culture and separated the wrestlers who learned from every match from those who did not. And it was so. And there was drilling, and there was conditioning—the second day.

And Coach Sanderson said, "Let the wrestlers under the team bring forth victories, accolades, and champions after their kind." And it was so. The mat brought forth wrestlers like Aaron Brooks, who dominated with skill and heart, and the team saw that it was good. And there was scouting, and there was strategizing—the third day.

And Coach Sanderson said, "Let there be stars in the sky of the Bryce Jordan Center to give light to the fans." And he set Casey Cunningham in the firmament of the heavens to give light on the mat, to rule over the day and over the night, and to separate the spirit of victory from defeat. And Coach saw that it was good. And there was anticipation, and there was triumph—the fourth day.

Thus, the mat and the heavens and all their array were completed. And on the seventh day, Coach Sanderson finished his work that he had done, and he rested on the seventh day from all his work that he had done. Coach Sanderson blessed the seventh day and made it holy, because on it he rested from all the work of creating that he had done.

This is the account of the heavens and the mat when they were created, in the day that Coach Cael Sanderson and his team of wrestlers made them.

We aren’t always worthy of the art that this place gifts us sometimes.

This is amazing.

9 minutes ago, ionel said:

They aren't pushing it on others, they are telling us something about who they are.  

Brooks after NCAA’s last year was, or are we putting that in a different category?  (I would)

• Fire 1

7 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Brooks after NCAA’s last year was, or are we putting that in a different category?  (I would)

I was talking about the one Kenny referenced and others I saw after b12 not last year.

I haven’t seen this many ignorant posts in one thread since the Covid madness days on the old forum ,Brooks seems to be more at peace with life then 99 percent of the people you’ll ever meet and yet a bunch of grown ass men sitting around a wrestling forum anonymously hating on him and deciding what he should be permitted to say or what the approved topics are , like damn you are the ones that should be listening the closest to Aaron , if that ruffles your feathers maybe it’s time for a little self reflection.

what’s crazy is if any of you complainers confronted brooks and said what you re saying here to his face he probably wouldn’t even get upset , he would calmly explain his perspective and then pray for you , like literally with all his heart pray for you and yours and some of you jabronis would still be smug and walk away thinking you re opinion is superior 

• Bob 3
  • Fire 2
  • Potato 1

35 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

I haven’t seen this many ignorant posts in one thread since the Covid madness days on the old forum ,Brooks seems to be more at peace with life then 99 percent of the people you’ll ever meet and yet a bunch of grown ass men sitting around a wrestling forum anonymously hating on him and deciding what he should be permitted to say or what the approved topics are , like damn you are the ones that should be listening the closest to Aaron , if that ruffles your feathers maybe it’s time for a little self reflection.

what’s crazy is if any of you complainers confronted brooks and said what you re saying here to his face he probably wouldn’t even get upset , he would calmly explain his perspective and then pray for you , like literally with all his heart pray for you and yours and some of you jabronis would still be smug and walk away thinking you re opinion is superior 

Antitroll that was fantastic man. Many like me sit on the sidelines when the hatred gets to this level but not you. Thanks for being such a stand up guy in more ways than one!

Edited by Rassling
  • Bob 1
  • Clown 1

1 hour ago, Antitroll2828 said:

He did insult two billion Muslims last year though and never apologized for it. Obviously he has freedom of speech, so that is his choice.  But because of what he said, is it unfair for others to likewise criticize his religious beliefs and not apologize? Imagine if a Muslim wrestler had insulted Christianity after winning NCAAs-I think there would be a similar "focus on the wrestling not religion" attitude towards such an athlete. 

Also, this isn't isolated to Brooks or PSU.  Dake is a great example of this with some of the things he says.  When Palacio used to do interviews, there were similar comments.  It's just the nature of a message board/twitter. 

Religion is just inherently a controversial topic, so espousing a religion after a wrestling match is going to create controversy among those who don't believe in the religion.  The same thing would happen with politics if a wrestler were to take the time after a match to broadcast a political message. 

Edited by billyhoyle
  • Brain 1
  • Fire 1

The thing that many people are missing is that it is a muted message. He is giving you a punchline but that's not the biggest part of the message. without the biggest part of the message The end is meaningless. If an extremely rare counter athletes jumps out of the mat with little work epic wins an NCAA title and then says, it doesn't mean anything you can't take it with you. The message is lost.  The message is it's about the process. His process is working in suffering for the Lord. And many other people's process, is working except for the outcome.

And, he did give the ant-Miuslim speech last year, thus there is a hangover. He also has a way of delivering his so-called message with a bit too much piety, a better than thou tone, a this is the way it is and your opinion doesn't matter. As he was answering questions last night, he was brushing her off as if she didn't matter, as if her questions didn't matter, as if talking to the people who support him doesn't matter. It's in his delivery as much as his message for those who don't like his message.

I get his message. I don't mind his message. I don't like his delivery. I sure do like watching him wrestle though.

• Fire 1

4 hours ago, KennyEBHS said:

Well, it is my post. But here is the thing ...

Wait so because its your post you can force your beliefs on us but when these wrestlers are invited to talk about who they are, what motivates them, where they find strength etc they are just supposed to be quiet.  

• Bob 1